Grass Valley Forums

Grass Valley Forums (http://forum.grassvalley.com/forum/index.php)
-   Editing with EDIUS (http://forum.grassvalley.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Disabling Effects in Edius 9 (http://forum.grassvalley.com/forum/showthread.php?t=43702)

Alpha Video 08-21-2019 11:30 AM

Disabling Effects in Edius 9

Is there any way of temporarily switching effects on and off in Edius 9? I have found that my computer struggles with smooth playback when effects are applied. I do not want to delete the effects, merely switch them all on and off, preferably with a keyboard shortcut

GrassValley_PS 08-21-2019 06:23 PM

Simply uncheck them in the Information tab. Check the box again when you want the effect applied.

trillium 08-21-2019 06:24 PM

I don't know of a way of doing this - your cpu looks fast enough to handle transitions smoothly unless they are highly animated with landscaping FX happening. Audio processing can drag systems down when audioFX and plug-ins are applied. However, you have not supplied much info for analysis. You should describe in more detail the type of video and FX being applied. Also certain types of video files such MTS may require that Intel Quick Sync be activated for best performance on timeline according to my experience and previous posts on this forum by experts. As FX are applied to clips rather than existing in their own layer or track other than landscape generated FX I don't think they can all be turned off at once-- perhaps someone knows differently.

I thought you were asking if all of the FX could be turned off at once. It's easy as noted to turn them off one at a time as noted.

GrassValley_SL 08-21-2019 06:29 PM

Turning on at once can only be done in multicam.
We have listed the request for the same thing in normal mode.

As Pat suggested turning them off in the information palette is now the way to go.

Alpha Video 08-21-2019 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrassValley_PS (Post 323535)
Simply uncheck them in the Information tab. Check the box again when you want the effect applied.

Thanks for your reply. I'm aware that I can do that but it's a pain doing that on lots of clips.

Alpha Video 08-21-2019 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrassValley_SL (Post 323537)
Turning on at once can only be done in multicam.
We have listed the request for the same thing in normal mode.

As Pat suggested turning them off in the information palette is now the way to go.

Again, I know I can do it that way but these are for single cam clips. Thanks anyway.

antonsvideo 08-22-2019 12:44 AM

another way is to upgrade to WG and you will be able to have realtime at all times

Captain 08-22-2019 03:06 PM

Workaround:
# Duplicate the sequence.
# Go into the duplicated sequence and delete all effects there (rightclick >> delete parts...).
# Watch the result.
# After that, delete the duplicated sequence.

Still a pain when you need to do this every 5 minutes. But a way to go, if you need this only once in four hours.

ulyssesvideo 08-22-2019 03:50 PM

why don't you just apply the effects last once your happy with the edit. and your able to apply your effects to as many clips at once.

Seemedia 08-25-2019 11:45 AM

Also you can convert timeline to the Sequence and then apply the filters on it. You must create the shortcut first. Simply write "Conv" in shortcuts list.