Grass Valley Forums

Grass Valley Forums (http://forum.grassvalley.com/forum/index.php)
-   EDIUS: Compatible Third Party Products (http://forum.grassvalley.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Hello from NewBlueFX (http://forum.grassvalley.com/forum/showthread.php?t=43918)

NewBlue_MJ 10-22-2019 08:57 PM

Hello from NewBlueFX
 
Hello Edius users! For those who don't know me my name is Marcus Johnson and I'm back working at NewBlue after a number of years. It's nice to see a lot of familiar names and I'm looking forward to meeting new people.

I plan to be active on these forums so please let me know if you have any questions about NewBlue products, need help troubleshooting an issue, or anything else.

Happy to be back!

Jerry 10-22-2019 09:08 PM

Hey Marcus, glad to see that your back. You've been gone for quite some time.

NewBlue_MJ 10-22-2019 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerry (Post 325193)
Hey Marcus, glad to see that your back. You've been gone for quite some time.

It has! I was back briefly in 2015 (I think?) but it's been 6 years since I was last here regularly. Glad to see you're still here Jerry.

GrassValley_SL 10-23-2019 01:39 AM

Welcome back. :)

John Lewis 10-23-2019 05:40 AM

Welcome back Marcus

ulyssesvideo 10-23-2019 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewBlue_MJ (Post 325192)
Hello Edius users! For those who don't know me my name is Marcus Johnson and I'm back working at NewBlue after a number of years. It's nice to see a lot of familiar names and I'm looking forward to meeting new people.

I plan to be active on these forums so please let me know if you have any questions about NewBlue products, need help troubleshooting an issue, or anything else.

Happy to be back!

Hi Marcus. great to see you here.
I have a few products from Newblue that I use in edius 7.. I have a suggestion to improve one of the plug in... is it possible to add the ability to insert luts in the colorfast plugin. would that be something you guys could do for colorfast version 3? main advantage is that colorfast works in 10bit.

thanks

NewBlue_MJ 10-24-2019 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ulyssesvideo (Post 325219)
Hi Marcus. great to see you here.
I have a few products from Newblue that I use in edius 7.. I have a suggestion to improve one of the plug in... is it possible to add the ability to insert luts in the colorfast plugin. would that be something you guys could do for colorfast version 3? main advantage is that colorfast works in 10bit.

thanks

Thanks for the suggestion! I definitely see how that would be useful to have LUTs directly available in ColorFast. I'll make sure to pass on the suggestion to our development team.

ulyssesvideo 10-25-2019 12:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewBlue_MJ (Post 325239)
Thanks for the suggestion! I definitely see how that would be useful to have LUTs directly available in ColorFast. I'll make sure to pass on the suggestion to our development team.

Thanks for looking into this.... at the moment for those users still using edius 7.53, there is NO way to insert luts in 10bit, only 8bit. by adding that feature in colorfast version3, it would add more ability for colour grading.

thanks

Bassman 10-25-2019 02:17 PM

Hello Marcus,

Thanks for being here. I noticed you have a new titler out and I wonder if you could answer some questions for me about its use?

1) How does it work with Edius in regards to real time playback or rendering? Optimal would be for all of its titles to play back just like the internal titler.

2) Can you make titles with a text box which has word wrap? So many titlers treat text like characters these days which disregards any paragraph formatting etc... I prefer the older word processing or Powerpoint approach where one can position a text box and work with the text properties within that box. Both ways would be optimal.

3) After Effects import. Id this designed to be a mild replacement for needing After Effects? I am thinking of the scenario where one downloads an After Effects template from Video Hive, customizes it and then uses it in a project. Can TP7 act in this way to effectively replace the need to open a template in After Effects? Thanks for shedding some light on this functionality.

Thanks!

Jerry 10-25-2019 04:00 PM

Tim,

1). Playback will be determined by both the CPU and GPU horsepower. Since NB is CUDA enabled, the faster the card the better. TP7 will run with your GTX670, but it will not give you great performance on animated title. Your 10 cores will bear the lion's share of the duty.
The higher the resolution and frame rate used, the more horsepower it will need.


3). It is already in TP7. The only Gotcha for this feature is that you have to have the Ultimate version.
Go here to watch the tutorial on how this works.
https://www.google.com/search?q=expo...rn_QaA2pDACQ25

Here is an older text version of the process:
https://newbluefx.zendesk.com/hc/en-...r-Pro-projects


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 05:30 PM.


Copyright 2014 Belden Inc. All rights reserved.