Grass Valley Forums

Grass Valley Forums (http://forum.grassvalley.com/forum/index.php)
-   GV Edge (http://forum.grassvalley.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=73)
-   -   Picture in Picture (http://forum.grassvalley.com/forum/showthread.php?t=33316)

alex177 07-07-2014 07:02 PM

Picture in Picture

Hi,

I am trying to achieve picture in picture(secondary clip/s over the main clip) video playout on one of our channels. I have created a template with the clip players and given them scene parameters that are populated by the Import Fields on the playlist.

During testing the scene parameter is populated with the Asset ID of the clip(a002321.avf). However the main clip plays out but the PiP-secondary clips don't.

Any suggestion on what I am missing to make this work? Thanks

GrassValley_RV 07-08-2014 07:50 AM

Hi Alex,

Can you check the following?:
  • does the PiP Clip object have a play action at the start of the PiP template?
  • has the mentioned asset been correctly transfered to the /publitronic/objects/mpegves folder on the K2Edge?

If the answers to both these questions are yes then please send me your channel pack and system log files so that I can have a closer look.
My email address is: roy dot vanophuizen at grassvalley dot com

Regards,
Roy

alex177 07-08-2014 11:44 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Hi Roy,

Thanks for your reply.

- The Clip player is set on Play.
- The asset is not downloading onto the server.

I have attached a screen shot of the event.

Thanks in advance.

GrassValley_JE 07-09-2014 03:25 PM

Hi Alex,

The import field values that you provide in a schedule are interpreted by the automation as plain text values. The asset distribution process will only transfer assets if it knows that a particular text value in an event refers to an asset. As the import field values are intepreted as plain text no asset transfers will occur.

There is an alternative way of using import fields that will trigger the transfer of the PIP assets. It works by using a combination of import fields and the external reference values of the PIP assets. It works as follows (steps in Composer while editing the PIP format):
1. Set the scene parameter(s) for each clip source property to the "import field type" (as before).
2. Then enter the import field name that you will insert in your schedule (again, like before) but be sure to prefix it with "[extref]" (without the double quotes). So, if your import field is called "pip1_source" then the value you specify in the format editor is "[extref]pip1_source".

The [extref] keyword indicates that the import field will contain an external reference to an asset in TX-MAM. At schedule time the value of the "pip1_source" import field is used to look up the id of the asset with an external reference that matches the value of the "pip1_source" import field. By using this approach the automation is able to detect that the import field value references an asset; which in turn will trigger the asset distribution process to transfer the asset to playout.

Using the above solution you should be able to achieve the desired result. If you have any further questions then please contact us again.

Regards,

Jan Roel