Grass Valley Forums

Grass Valley Forums (http://forum.grassvalley.com/forum/index.php)
-   EDIUS: Compatible Third Party Products (http://forum.grassvalley.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   can Neat video 5.0 work in edius as 10bit? (http://forum.grassvalley.com/forum/showthread.php?t=43572)

ulyssesvideo 07-12-2019 06:39 AM

can Neat video 5.0 work in edius as 10bit?

Hi all

Can neat video ver5 plug in work in edius in 10bit. according to the makers or neat video... the answer is no.

thanks

Seemedia 07-15-2019 11:56 PM

Yeah, I asked about this. Neat throws the blame to GV, GV flips the ball to Neat. And users suffer.

GrassValley_SL 07-16-2019 02:52 AM

Sorry at this time Neatvideo can't work in 10 bit in EDIUS.

ulyssesvideo 07-17-2019 12:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seemedia (Post 322586)
Yeah, I asked about this. Neat throws the blame to GV, GV flips the ball to Neat. And users suffer.

here is the reply from neat video about neat video in edius not being in 10bit.

To support more than 8 bits in Neat Video, we need Edius to add full support for 10-bit data
in its plug-in interface. The current versions of Edius do not provide such full support,
they only partially support such data. Once developers of Edius improve that aspect
of their product, we will be able to improve Neat Video to support that too.

ulyssesvideo 07-17-2019 12:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrassValley_SL (Post 322594)
Sorry at this time Neatvideo can't work in 10 bit in EDIUS.

HI all.

could Neat video work in edius in 10bit if used via the ofx bridge with the plug in adobe after effects?

GrassValley_SL 07-17-2019 02:14 AM

At this time neatvideo does not work trough the OFX bridge.

ulyssesvideo 07-17-2019 02:45 AM

that's a bugger.

Thank you Steve.

Robert_nj 08-04-2019 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrassValley_SL (Post 322633)
At this time neatvideo does not work trough the OFX bridge.

Dear Steve.
I have found out the same bad thing. And reply from Neat video support team is very similar:
"Unfortunately there is not much we can do about 10-bit color support in Edius because the source of problem lies in Edius itself. Edius' plug-in interface does not offer full 10-bit support (there is only partial support that is not sufficient for Neat Video) so Neat Video plug-in cannot receive all necessary input frames in 10-bit precision. Edius provides only 8-bit data to Neat Video. To lift this limitation, Edius developers should improve the plug-in interface of Edius. We asked them to do that several times over the years, but so far nothing changes in that part of Edius as far as I know.

Many other video editing applications currently work in 32-bit color and the corresponding Neat Video plug-ins do support that because those applications do offer full 32-bit support in their plug-in interfaces. Unfortunately that part is missing or insufficient in Edius."

So can you do something with that please?
It is shame that is not there support for Edius plugin...

Thank you very much and have a nice day.

Robert

Seemedia 08-05-2019 06:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robert_nj (Post 323123)
Dear Steve.

So can you do something with that please?
It is shame that is not there support for Edius plugin...

Robert

Told Ya... But it would be great to have that possibility. Like full 10 bit or even 12 bit support ... (dreaming ;))

ulyssesvideo 08-05-2019 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seemedia (Post 323133)
Told Ya... But it would be great to have that possibility. Like full 10 bit or even 12 bit support ... (dreaming ;))

As I said in another post on here... Edius is a fantastic product but needs better features in some areas or the ability to work with other plug-ins in 10bit. 10bit is the norm these days in serious editing software packages..