Grass Valley Forums

Grass Valley Forums (http://forum.grassvalley.com/forum/index.php)
-   Editing with EDIUS (http://forum.grassvalley.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Exporting mp4 over 25mins causes error (http://forum.grassvalley.com/forum/showthread.php?t=43242)

Mack 04-13-2019 11:55 PM

Exporting mp4 over 25mins causes error
 
Hi

Source footage is
mp4 - 1920 x 1080
data rate 42283kbps
total bitrate 42478kbps
60fps

I want to export to mp4 for use on youtube.

The only way I have been able to export is to use the quicktime setting then mpeg 4 640x480 h.264 1372kbps 30p which I know is wrong but nothing else works. I then set the options to 1080p and in the settings of the export screen set the bitrate to around 32768 anything less causes pixelation on the footage (it's video game footage). The problem is I get an error when I try to export anything above 15mins in length.

If I try using the H.264/avc option after selecting print to file I get the error "Could not use the selected format please confirm setting"

The settings am using are:
Video
Frame Size : 1920 x 1080
Frame Rate : 60.00
Aspect Ratio : 1.0000
Field order : Progressive
Video Channels : YCbCr + Alpha
Quantization Bit Rate : 8Bit
Stereoscopic Editing : Disable
Audio
Sampling Rate : 48000Hz
Quantization Bit Rate : 24 Bit
Channel : 8
Setup
Render format
Grass Valley HQ Fine
Over Scan Size : 3 %
Audio Reference Level : -20.0dB
Resampling method
Area Average (Fast & Sharp)

Any help would be greatly appreciated as this is not a video game hobby project it's paid work, thanks.

GrassValley_SL 04-14-2019 12:10 AM

Check your audio channels en settings. Do you really need 8 channels out and 24 bit?
Also think your overscan be 0 zero.

David Clarke 04-14-2019 11:09 AM

Which version of EDIUS? Older versions could not do 60P if I remember correctly.

BernH 04-14-2019 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mack (Post 319609)
Hi

Source footage is
mp4 - 1920 x 1080
data rate 42283kbps
total bitrate 42478kbps
60fps

I want to export to mp4 for use on youtube.

The only way I have been able to export is to use the quicktime setting then mpeg 4 640x480 h.264 1372kbps 30p which I know is wrong but nothing else works. I then set the options to 1080p and in the settings of the export screen set the bitrate to around 32768 anything less causes pixelation on the footage (it's video game footage). The problem is I get an error when I try to export anything above 15mins in length.

If I try using the H.264/avc option after selecting print to file I get the error "Could not use the selected format please confirm setting"

The settings am using are:
Video
Frame Size : 1920 x 1080
Frame Rate : 60.00
Aspect Ratio : 1.0000
Field order : Progressive
Video Channels : YCbCr + Alpha
Quantization Bit Rate : 8Bit
Stereoscopic Editing : Disable
Audio
Sampling Rate : 48000Hz
Quantization Bit Rate : 24 Bit
Channel : 8
Setup
Render format
Grass Valley HQ Fine
Over Scan Size : 3 %
Audio Reference Level : -20.0dB
Resampling method
Area Average (Fast & Sharp)

Any help would be greatly appreciated as this is not a video game hobby project it's paid work, thanks.

Using Quicktime will enforce a 4GB file size limit, if I am not mistaken. (This has been discussed and brought to light in previous forum posts here. Do a forum search if you want to find those posts)

A video bitrate of 32768kbps will hit a 4GB limit after exporting a little more than 16 minutes. Add the audio bitrates in there and the time will reduce from there.

You can quite easily export an MP4 from Edius without using quicktime, but you will want to correct the audio channels in the output, as that is the main issue I suspect, and fixing the overscan is also recommended, as this setting keeps any transitions and effects from applying to the absolute edges of your image. (Both of these are suggested by Steve)

Another way to do what you are trying to do, is to either use the TMPGEnc AVC export plugin, or export an HQX file and pass that through Handbrake or XMedia Recode to make your mp4. This is usually the recommended process if you are trying to preserve every bit of quality, as these encoders give you access to the more advanced x.264 engine, and offer more control for tweaking and optimizing.

There are many threads on the forum going over the use of Handbrake. Do a forum search for them.

Andreas_Gumm 04-15-2019 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BernH (Post 319615)
Using Quicktime will enforce a 4GB file size limit, if I am not mistaken. (This has been discussed and brought to light in previous forum posts here. Do a forum search if you want to find those posts)

This is correct!
While QuickTime exporter (MOV format) is not limited to 4 GB, my trick was exporting the clip to MOV container using exactly the same settings and wrap the resulting file to MP4 using ffmpeg or the free "Video Container Changer" tool.
https://www.videohelp.com/software/V...tainer-Changer

Andreas

antonsvideo 04-15-2019 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David Clarke (Post 319612)
Which version of EDIUS? Older versions could not do 60P if I remember correctly.

that is correct, in older versions you need to use 59.94p


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 03:43 AM.


Copyright 2014 Belden Inc. All rights reserved.