Grass Valley Forums

Grass Valley Forums (http://forum.grassvalley.com/forum/index.php)
-   EDIUS: Compatible Hardware and Accessories (http://forum.grassvalley.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   another user with quicksync problem (http://forum.grassvalley.com/forum/showthread.php?t=42880)

fotis-t 01-02-2019 10:01 PM

another user with quicksync problem

3 Attachment(s)
hello guys
i am new user to edius platform,check my system in screenshot below, my version is edius 7 i have tried everything that i read or searched on web(drivers,cables, 1 display,etc) but no luck ,the export goes very badly (check the screenshot ) hardware accelaretion is enable but the export is too slow
if any one can help where am i wrong
thanks a lot

BernH 01-06-2019 04:48 PM

Some additional information would help, such as:

What is the frame rate and raster size of your project settings?

What is the frame rate and resolution of your source material?

Is all the source material the same framerate and resolution?

What camera did you use to shoot the source material?

Does Quicksync work if you use something like Handbrake or Xmedia Recode to convert a file?

You may need to make the Intel GPU your primary GPU in your BIOS and in Windows. Some hardware/windows combinations require this in order for quicksync to work correctly.

Jerry 01-07-2019 02:19 PM

Could you make your screenshots more specific. All you need to show is the pertinent information. Project settings, export settings, etc.
Also, when trying to use Quicksync, not all systems will activate the Intel GPU when using one monitor. Sometimes, it takes two. My system has
never been able to get Quicksync to work with only one monitor.

fotis-t 01-08-2019 06:39 PM

it just simple project 1920X1080 @25p 8bit 35 min duration
the same project in another system i7 4770 with H81m-c mobo and Gtx 750 nvidia and edius 7 also takes 12 min to export !!! i cant understand what going on with my own,one think is my external card makes conflict with iGPU idont know what else to think..makes me crazy

John Lewis 01-09-2019 03:57 PM

I have been trying E7 on a Win 10 on system 1 in my signature over the last couple of days, Edius locks up after a while due to the memory leak on E7 all 32gb has been used. This is with Qs enabled

BernH 01-09-2019 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fotis-t (Post 317449)
it just simple project 1920X1080 @25p 8bit 35 min duration
the same project in another system i7 4770 with H81m-c mobo and Gtx 750 nvidia and edius 7 also takes 12 min to export !!! i cant understand what going on with my own,one think is my external card makes conflict with iGPU idont know what else to think..makes me crazy

There have been several posts on the forums regarding quick sync. The intel driver version is important, and in several cases, having the intel GPU as the primary GPU in windows 10 systems has been illustrated to solve the problem. Try fixing/changing those things and it may work fine.

John Lewis 01-09-2019 09:48 PM

I tried win 7 E7 after seeing this thread
I have no problems with E8 or 9 with Win 10
Driver ending 4425 works i also found that the Nvida driver was also important but that may vary with different boards. I tried several Gforce drivers but the one that worked in Win 10 was an Evga which was from the card manufacturer. I had to go back several versions before finding the right one. In Win 10 all catastrophic errors have disappeared

BernH 01-10-2019 02:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Lewis (Post 317493)
I tried win 7 E7 after seeing this thread
I have no problems with E8 or 9 with Win 10
Driver ending 4425 works i also found that the Nvida driver was also important but that may vary with different boards. I tried several Gforce drivers but the one that worked in Win 10 was an Evga which was from the card manufacturer. I had to go back several versions before finding the right one. In Win 10 all catastrophic errors have disappeared

Edius 7 is not qualified on Win 10. Some have been able to get it to work, others have not. Edius 8 was the first version qualified for Win 10.

John Lewis 01-10-2019 06:49 AM

It works for me except for the memory leak but its not a problem as i only use it rarely for capture via HD storm. Thanks Bern

fotis-t 01-10-2019 11:16 AM

i will start over with past intel drivers i tried couple but no luck,another option is to go back to windows 7 and try my luck there but i don't prefer,i don't know what else to do..