Grass Valley Forums

Grass Valley Forums (http://forum.grassvalley.com/forum/index.php)
-   EDIUS: Compatible Hardware and Accessories (http://forum.grassvalley.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Intel® UHD 630 activate quicksync EDIUS v9.51.5532 (http://forum.grassvalley.com/forum/showthread.php?t=44125)

gummi 12-14-2019 09:12 AM

Intel® UHD 630 activate quicksync EDIUS v9.51.5532

2 Attachment(s)
I greet all.
I would like to know how to activate quicksync if the motherboard does not output to the monitor.
Is it possible to use this PC for editing with Edius?
Is there any software emulator to activate quicksync? I'm worried if Edius will have hardware rendering support.

OMEN by HP Obelisk 875-1017nc
Intel Core i9-9900K 5 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti 11GB, RAM 32GB DDR4, m.2 ssd 2000GB

I will be grateful for your contributions.
Well thank you.

Jerry 12-14-2019 03:51 PM

From what I can see you don't have any graphic outputs on the back. I don't know of any other way of activating QS. HP may have found a way to do activate it without a monitor. Looking at the motherboard, it is pretty stripped down.

You can go to the Exporter>H265>select an output preset
If you don't get a warning, QS may well be activated.

Personally, I would contact HP and find out how this works.
If QS is bypassed, you will not have any encode/decode performance boosts
when working in Edius.

David Clarke 12-15-2019 02:23 PM

Is the Intel Graphics card seen in Windows device manager? With recent versions of EDIUS I have been able to get QS working without any screen attached to the Intel GPU at all - I am sure it was a new feature added around 9.5.
However, the Intel GPU still has to appear in device manager and have reasonably new drivers installed.

If it does not turn up in device manager go into the BIOS and see if there is any way to enable it. On my MSI motherboard I have to find something called "multiGPU monitor" and enable it.

gummi 12-15-2019 03:12 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I haven't run this computer yet. HP support and information is very stupid and unprofessional. Many workers have no idea what intel quicksync is for. You are right. I currently have an MSI motherboard and I have it turned on in the BIOS. Everything is correct with me. I'm just worried about the HP computer. If I run out, there will probably be alchemy. I do not understand why they did not output video to the monitor from the motherboard. I hope to see graphics in the device manager
Intel® UHD Graphics 630. If not, I have a bad day.

David Clarke 12-15-2019 04:34 PM

It is possible it cannot use the Intel graphics part of the processor. I have a laptop with a desktop CPU and it simply never sees it and so no Quick Sync.

Jerry 12-15-2019 04:55 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by gummi (Post 326669)
I haven't run this computer yet. HP support and information is very stupid and unprofessional. Many workers have no idea what intel quicksync is for. You are right. I currently have an MSI motherboard and I have it turned on in the BIOS. Everything is correct with me. I'm just worried about the HP computer. If I run out, there will probably be alchemy. I do not understand why they did not output video to the monitor from the motherboard. I hope to see graphics in the device manager
Intel® UHD Graphics 630. If not, I have a bad day.

Since you haven't run the system, is it possible to return it?

There is a section in the manual that allows you to use the USB-C for a display port.
I'm not sure if you have the required USB-C.

Also, the part about integrated graphics not being available if a GPU is installed.
This begs to ask the question of how do you connect a display without any ports.

I would unload this like a hot rock, especially if you want or need Quicksync.

gummi 12-15-2019 05:13 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Think usb-c port, if not thunderbolt, can transfer the video signal?

GrassValley_PS 12-15-2019 05:18 PM

Isn't that 3 Display ports and 1HDMI I see?

gummi 12-15-2019 05:23 PM

The specification is written:
1x HDMI 2.0
3x DisplayPort 1.4
1x Virtual Link (USB-C).

It remains as I see the DVi port at the bottom of the graphics. And one questionable upper USB-C 3.1 gen.2 / in the part where the motherboard is /

Jerry 12-15-2019 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gummi (Post 326673)
Think usb-c port, if not thunderbolt, can transfer the video signal?

I can't tell from the screen shot, but does it have the same logo as I pointed to in my previous post and screen shot from the manual?

You have a 2080ti installed, correct? If it is, those connections in the lower section of the back panel should be for the 2080ti. Remember,
once you install a discrete card, onboard graphics are no longer available. So, you paid for a chip that has on board graphics yet you can't use
it after installing the 2080ti.