Grass Valley Forums

Grass Valley Forums (http://forum.grassvalley.com/forum/index.php)
-   Editing with EDIUS (http://forum.grassvalley.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Exporting a video in mp4 with Timecode and date of recording (http://forum.grassvalley.com/forum/showthread.php?t=43996)

Haddock 11-10-2019 06:21 PM

Thank you to you all for many anwers on Sunday....

But seen all these answers... I am lost on what I expect a "simple answer".
Because each file of the genuine recording in UHD contains the clock time of the recording... I expected that Edius could show it on screen in combination (or not) with the time code of my TimeLine....

Tomorrow, I will try the GV-SL suggestion : Think outside the box. Do 2 exports.

I let you know if success.

Thanks again to all

DigitalDave 11-11-2019 11:37 AM

2 Attachment(s)
I have just had another look at this.
I can achieve this from MXF files by using the XML not the MXF.
Screenshot and settings attached

Haddock 11-11-2019 04:16 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by DigitalDave (Post 325788)
I have just had another look at this.
I can achieve this from MXF files by using the XML not the MXF.
Screenshot and settings attached

A big thank you for your help... I am close to it but this is the result I obtain ... my files are UHD in MP4...

I am lost with these info : "from MXF files by using the XML not the MXF."

Haddock 11-11-2019 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Haddock (Post 325799)
A big thank you for your help... I am close to it but this is the result I obtain ... my files are UHD in MP4...

I am lost with these info : "from MXF files by using the XML not the MXF."

To complete info : MTS files are giving the same result as yours ...fine but MOV and MP4 are not working...

Is there something I can change ?

DigitalDave 11-11-2019 04:35 PM

This probably needs an explanation from Steve. MXF is a file format wrapper but just as with P2 files it comes with an XML file. The XML file on the timeline allows the date data to be displayed, but as with your MP4 the MXF file does not.
I only discovered this today, when exporting sections filmed with Free Run timecode of a misbehaving domestic product, to send to a technical department. After changing my export settings I started to"play", tried the XML and found the date data displayed.

Haddock 11-11-2019 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DigitalDave (Post 325801)
This probably needs an explanation from Steve. MXF is a file format wrapper but just as with P2 files it comes with an XML file. The XML file on the timeline allows the date data to be displayed, but as with your MP4 the MXF file does not.
I only discovered this today, when exporting sections filmed with Free Run timecode of a misbehaving domestic product, to send to a technical department. After changing my export settings I started to"play", tried the XML and found the date data displayed.

Well finally I see that my first question is interesting. When recording on several cameras (set on the same clock) it is a plus to export ...

Now let's hope that there is a way to solve my problem with mp4 and mov...

Thanks again, you find the good parameters.... !

NewBlue_MJ 11-12-2019 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DigitalDave (Post 325770)
Also you would have to change the position.
I have just checked and the clock is in NewBlue Elements and works a treat. You would set the time in NB, at the start of each clip to the start time ie 15.30.25
That said, I dont have ANY boxes to think outside of, all recycled but if every clip was in its own sequence, you would set the EACH sequence code to the correct time of the clip and export showing THAT sequence code.

Thank you Dave! Just wanted to mention that if you need to have two separate timecodes showing on your video, you can always add the Time Clock effect to your clip twice and set the times on each independently.

antonsvideo 11-12-2019 11:37 PM

2 Attachment(s)
it works fine here providing user settings are correct and the files have been added to bin via source browser, because the associated xml files contain the date and time info

DigitalDave 11-13-2019 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by antonsvideo (Post 325853)
it works fine here providing user settings are correct and the files have been added to bin via source browser, because the associated xml files contain the date and time info

Agreed but of course Mov files dont work as they dont have the associated XML. I'm guessing P2 will work as well.
I dont use Source Browser, never got on with it and have managed without it.
I do recall when I first had my Sony with MXF onto XQD cards I asked about the difference when using MXF v XML.

Haddock 11-13-2019 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by antonsvideo (Post 325853)
it works fine here providing user settings are correct and the files have been added to bin via source browser, because the associated xml files contain the date and time info

Thanks for follow-up but no success here respecting your parameters.

It works with MTS files but not with UHD-MP4 coming from my Panasonic camera.

I am first creating a folder in the bin (date). Then open (CTRL+O) and select the clips of these date : MTS (Sony-HD) + MP4 (Panasonic-UHD) + MOV (Canon EOS 5DMIV-HD). Only the MTS files gives the Info....

Should I convert first ?


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 10:20 PM.


Copyright 2014 Belden Inc. All rights reserved.