Grass Valley Forums

Grass Valley Forums (http://forum.grassvalley.com/forum/index.php)
-   Editing with EDIUS (http://forum.grassvalley.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   HELP! All Edius Project ezp. files Have red icon (http://forum.grassvalley.com/forum/showthread.php?t=43567)

Sheeba 07-11-2019 12:38 AM

HELP! All Edius Project ezp. files Have red icon

HELP! Hope someone can help. I'm an editor and not too tech savvy.

I have just completed 15 minute edius 9 project for an event to be shown in two days! Edius 9 crashed quite a bit due to lots of filters etc. Last time it crashed all my saved and completed edius project files are showing a red icon in front of them.

Again.....Now ALL my completed edius .ezp project files have a red vs the regular green edius icon on them. They open, but can't export. How do I make my .ezp project files have the regular green edius logo again???

The only thing I can think to do is a windows system restore to a day or so ago when the edius program was running OK.

Thanks for any help.

antonsvideo 07-11-2019 01:08 AM

1 Attachment(s)
the correct color of an EDIUS9 project file icon is Red

if you can't export, you may have opened an auto backup file which is read only, so you need to choose save as and give a new name before you can edit and export

make sure you save as to the correct folder and not into an auto save folder

also, if EDIUS crashes due to a sudden power failure etc. a lock file will remain, this will also cause you issues, so be sure to delete the lock file while EDIUS is closed

be sure Win Explorer view options are correct or you won't see the lock file and its extension
https://www.videoproductions.com.au/MR/view-options.png

Sheeba 07-11-2019 06:42 AM

Thanks for reply Anton. I had to rush out for a video shooting job and just walked back in the door.
I've got a day to figure this out. ?My .ezp project files have always had the green icon? Maybe I've just been saving it wrong. But I've got tomorrow to get back on track.
You'll be hearing from me.

antonsvideo 07-11-2019 06:44 AM

yes, project file icons of older EDIUS versions were green, but EDIUS9 has red icons

Haddock 07-11-2019 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by antonsvideo (Post 322459)
yes, project file icons of older EDIUS versions were green, but EDIUS9 has red icons

I ask myself why they decided to change this type of thinks... it brings no progress and in this case giving stress....

antonsvideo 07-11-2019 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Haddock (Post 322466)
I ask myself why they decided to change this type of thinks... it brings no progress and in this case giving stress....

it was far more stress to get used to the new interface compared to 7.5 and earlier, I still struggle sometimes to see open property panels that blend in with the dark background

SoundFreak_HD 07-11-2019 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by antonsvideo (Post 322468)
I still struggle sometimes to see open property panels that blend in with the dark background

I'm glad I'm not the only one...

kpot 07-11-2019 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoundFreak_HD (Post 322471)
I'm glad I'm not the only one...

Welcome on bord - kurt

SoundFreak_HD 07-11-2019 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kpot (Post 322477)
Welcome on bord - kurt

There is still hope, windows 10 used to be pretty bad in the beginning, the gui design improved a lot, not touching the topic of like or dislike, just ease of use, especially for the visually impared.

Edius 9 has improved a lot compared to Edius 8 but still needs much improvement to be on par with the ease of viewability of Edius 7...

I'm not using Edius daily anymore like I used to do and frequently it take me a while to find a open window or dialog box that prevents me from continuing.

trillium 07-11-2019 04:59 PM

While you're checking things make sure your Quick sync is working, if it's not you're likely to have the kinds of crashes you are describing. Edius should not crash because filters are applied.