Grass Valley Forums

Grass Valley Forums (http://forum.grassvalley.com/forum/index.php)
-   Editing with EDIUS (http://forum.grassvalley.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   News on training material? (http://forum.grassvalley.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1524)

Zorro 07-12-2007 08:39 PM

News on training material?

A German company just released an EdiusPro4 tutorial DVD. Apart from another one there isn't a single book you can buy. The situation in the US seems to be similar (just checked Amazon). Simple question: why? Imho the success of a software depends on whether the customer has access to training material or not. Comments welcome :)

P.S.: Japan has a tutorial DVD and a so called EdiusPro4 Master Book.

mike0130 07-12-2007 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zorro (Post 8058)
A German company just released an EdiusPro4 tutorial DVD. Apart from another one there isn't a single book you can buy. The situation in the US seems to be similar (just checked Amazon). Simple question: why? Imho the success of a software depends on whether the customer has access to training material or not. Comments welcome :)

P.S.: Japan has a tutorial DVD and a so called EdiusPro4 Master Book.

The problem is that in Germany and Japan Edius is more or less popular. Well, maybe not popular, but at least known. The marketing in USA-Canada for this product doesn't exsist. And I will never understand, why is it so...

T-Bone 07-13-2007 03:03 AM

good news in post # 179 in the edius 4.5 sticky

ISDV 07-13-2007 02:36 PM

Here in Belgium we have Geert Kusters from Format C: Communications who writes manuals for editing applications like EDIUS Pro, Premiere Pro, After Effects, Encore DVD, etc...

Books are all written in the Dutch language en contain a CD with examples.

richnation 07-14-2007 06:42 AM

Quote:

the success of a software depends on whether the customer has access to training material or not.

AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've been frustrated over this same issue. Why no books?

There needs to be a training or tutorial manual. Go to Barns & Noble or Borders and you will find several cool books for Adobe Premiere, After Effects, Final Cut Pro and Avid. As far as Edius/Canopus??? Well hmmmmm that just doesn't exist.

Maybe I should be the first one to write one and make a crap load of money off selling it. ha ha

mike0130 07-15-2007 12:39 AM

Quote:

As they say in Russia: "It's better to see something once, then to hear about it 100 times"
Who today have time for books, Video always better. Of course it depends of the company who made it. Small example- I have lot's of video tutorials- All Adobe, Macromedia, Lightwave, Combustion e.t.c.
If you compare lessons quality and, as a resault success of learning- Total Training is much better then Lynda.com. I have all CS3 Adobe from Lynda. and I do not like the way, they're teaching, when compare with Total Training CS2 courses.
I do not like the way GV made tutors on Edius4- very bad quality, very quick, no beginning, no end... just mess of tips and tricks... Not helpfull at all. Hope, they will do better for ver4.5
Quote:

the success of a software depends on whether the customer has access to training material or not.
Absolutely agree!!!

Zorro 07-15-2007 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ISDV (Post 8110)
Here in Belgium we have Geert Kusters from Format C: Communications who writes manuals for editing applications like EDIUS Pro, Premiere Pro, After Effects, Encore DVD, etc...

Books are all written in the Dutch language en contain a CD with examples.

Heard of them. Very well done work. Would be an easy task for Canopus/TGV to translate and sell the book but it seems that no one cares.

Zorro 07-15-2007 04:31 PM

Quote:

It could be so easy: Canopus/TGV could ask here if someone is interesting in writing or they could contact publishers, ask for author's names and send EdiusPro packages to them. Hardly no cost when looking at the expected impact.

GrassValley_KH 07-15-2007 04:46 PM

Ok, I think people have said their piece.