Grass Valley Forums

Grass Valley Forums (http://forum.grassvalley.com/forum/index.php)
-   Editing with EDIUS (http://forum.grassvalley.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Simplified Layouter Interface (http://forum.grassvalley.com/forum/showthread.php?t=44000)

swvideo 11-12-2019 06:54 AM

Simplified Layouter Interface

Hello,

I am an experienced editor, but a new user to EDIUS, and I have been scouring the internet, including these forums, the help documentation, and youtube, for what should be a very simple issue.

I want to zoom in on some of my footage. However, my layouter looks completely different from every other instance of the layouter I have seen on the internet. It looks like this:

Click to Enlarge

I don't know why it looks like this. There are no options for zooming or rotation, and I don't know how to change the layouter to have more options... No one else on the internet has had this problem, the help documentation does not make any mention of a "simplified" interface or the like, and I have not changed any settings since performing a clean install.

There doesn't seem to be anyone else with this problem. I'm completely baffled as to why my interface has less features than every other example I have looked up. I just want to zoom in.

I figure maybe I'm using a strange version with less features since this code was given to me by my employer. I am using EDIUS Workgroup 9, Version 9.40.5106. Still, it doesn't make sense why there is no distinction between versions in the manual.

Any help would be appreciated,
Sean

Alphabeta 11-12-2019 03:45 PM

try putting your video files on the V or VA tracks instead of the T tracks, T tracks are meant for titles which gives you a simplified layouter window.

LewS 11-12-2019 04:38 PM

It is also best to put titles on video tracks so you have the full layouter to use on them. Also, titles on T tracks don't always scale correctly if you change the resolution of your project. The only downside is you will have to manually apply your fade in/out to the titles. The T track is great if you need to put a bug in the corner of your video as it is always on top of all other tracks.

Jerry 11-12-2019 05:02 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Despite the popular belief that titles in the title track do not scale properly, there happens to be a scaling feature for the the title track that was added a while back.
Right click on the title in the title track to open the 'Title Detail Setting.'

Then click the 'Auto' Radio button to activate scaling.

All of that said, it would be to your advantage to use title tracks for your titles. I strongly recommend that.

GrassValley_SL 11-12-2019 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerry (Post 325821)
Despite the popular belief that titles in the title track do not scale properly, there happens to be a scaling feature for the the title track that was added a while back.
Right click on the title in the title track to open the 'Title Detail Setting.'

Then click the 'Auto' Radio button to activate scaling.

All of that said, it would be to your advantage to use title tracks for your titles. I strongly recommend that.

Correct we explained this a few times. Thanks for explaining it again. :)

Jerry 11-12-2019 06:12 PM

Hey, you corrected me. I remember those things :)

Ron Evans 11-12-2019 06:21 PM

For my work flow I have deleted the title track. I always use the V tracks for graphics and titles then all the parameters are available to use from filters etc.

Big advantage of title track is it is always on top so for simple titles etc it is great.

I like to create stacked titles using layouter to fly in graphics and text and certainly find V tracks better for this. For me, source video is always on VA tracks ( audio always muted ), graphics and titles on V tracks and audio on A tracks. The V tracks are still on top in this approach unless deliberately disabled.

LewS 11-12-2019 07:06 PM

The only problem with changing the resizing in detail settings is you have to remember to apply it to all tiles. It cannot be set universally.

kpot 11-12-2019 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LewS (Post 325831)
The only problem with changing the resizing in detail settings is you have to remember to apply it to all tiles. It cannot be set universally.

Therfore I follow Ron Evans ...
Regards kurt

swvideo 11-13-2019 04:13 AM

Resolved

Yes, that was the issue. Moving the clip to a new video track gives me the correct interface.

Thank you for your help
Sean