No announcement yet.

Learning Mync for a better use of the BIN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, your EDIUS project always starts with nothing in it but if you go to the source browser and Mync you will see all your regularly used items and can bring them into the project.

With the risk of complicating things you could use a totally different option, assuming you use the same assets all the time, and that is to create a project template which has all these items in it and use that to start a new projects. Project templates are nothing to do with Mync but a way of starting a project set up with bins and assets you need already there.

I would use a project template for assets I use all the time and Mync to catalogue lots of clips I have on the hard drive and may use from time to time.
    EDIUS silver certified trainer.
    Main edit laptop: DVC Kaby Lake desktop processor laptop, 32GB RAM, 3.5Ghz i5 desktop processor, nVidia 1060, Windows 10.
    Desktop: 4Ghz 9900K processor, 32GB RAM, nVidia 1660TI GPU, Windows 10.
    Desktop: 2Ghz 12 core Xeon processor, 32GB RAM, nVidia 1060, BM Intensity Pro, Windows 10

Comment

Thanks for the answer.

So we are back to the solution I use today (see pictures attached).

Starting from a "preconfigured" structure on the HD that I copy in a new project folders...Starting Edius ans save as... under the new Project Name.

Day after day, I complete my needs on the HD and insert in the BIN already prepared with a similar structure...

It is twice the job but Edius BIN and HD foder structure are similar.

To minimize the haviness of Edius, I transform havy tiff images 5472x3648 in 1920*1080 tga. In bin of Edius, I only open the 1920*1080. I only use in Edius the maximum resolution if I need to zoom in dynamically.

So, to conclude, Mync a very nice system to consult and create cataloque but not to manage dynamically all the files necessary for a project...

Thanks to confirm and thanks to help me in sparing time to not learn Mync to far.
      Attached Files
      Yvon durieux alias "Haddock" Belgium GMT + 2

Sorry for my poor english, I am french native speaking

Main System: Azus Z87 Pro, [email protected], 16gb ram, Nvidia GeForce GT 630, Windows 7 Pro 64, Samsung 840 pro, Edius 8.53.2808 WG and 9.54.6706 + NXexpress or HDspark, 2T separate video SSD.

Comment

Working...
      X