X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Alpha Video
    • Aug 2012

Using Storyboard in Mync on a laptop on a 2nd PC

Hi. I've just started using Mync.

I can see how useful it would be for me to import files, create Catalogs and Storyboards, for example, during a break at a wedding reception on my laptop. I can then go to Source Browser in Edius and add the storyboard from Mync to Edius' bin. This is all very good if I use both Mync and Edius on the laptop but how do I sync Mync (nice rhymel lol) from the laptop to a separate PC workstation so that I can add the storyboard to the bin from there?
    System:
    Custom build PC: EDIUS 9 Pro; ASUS PRIME H310M-A Motherboard; Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8700 CPU @ 3.20GHz; 16GB Corsair DDR3 RAM; NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB; 500 Watt PSU, 1 x 250GB SATA2 Drive for System, 1 x 1TB and 1 x 2TB SATA2 drives for video footage; Pioneer BDR-207DBK 12x Internal BD-RW Burner; Windows 10 64 Bit

UK & Ireland Cameraman and Video Editor
  • Alpha Video
    • Aug 2012

Can anyone help out with this? Any way to change the path to the Library in Mync, so I can have an E: Drive on both workstation and laptop so Mync won't see any difference between the 2 computers?
    System:
    Custom build PC: EDIUS 9 Pro; ASUS PRIME H310M-A Motherboard; Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8700 CPU @ 3.20GHz; 16GB Corsair DDR3 RAM; NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB; 500 Watt PSU, 1 x 250GB SATA2 Drive for System, 1 x 1TB and 1 x 2TB SATA2 drives for video footage; Pioneer BDR-207DBK 12x Internal BD-RW Burner; Windows 10 64 Bit

Comment

• David Clarke
      • Aug 2007

The Mync database is here:
      C:\Users\david\AppData\Roaming\Grass Valley\Mync

There are no options to move where it is stored, back it up or share it. I did put in a feature request some time ago for the option to back it up but it would not hurt if you did too.

To get a Mync database from one computer to another I have just copied the contents.db file. If the clips are in the same place on the new machine - i.e. the same drive letter and folders - it should see them straight away.

Copying this across will wipe out whatever database was on the destination machine and I know of no option to merge them.

The other alternative is to either make the storyboard into an EDIUS project on the first machine and copy that new EDIUS project across or export the storyboard as and XML file and load that to EDIUS on the new machine.

I did a video about the exporting process you can see here : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDuWjapIm8c&t=46s
      EDIUS silver certified trainer.
      Main edit laptop: DVC Kaby Lake desktop processor laptop, 32GB RAM, 3.5Ghz i5 desktop processor, nVidia 1060, Windows 10.
      Desktop: 4Ghz 9900K processor, 32GB RAM, nVidia 1660TI GPU, Windows 10.
      Desktop: 2Ghz 12 core Xeon processor, 32GB RAM, nVidia 1060, BM Intensity Pro, Windows 10

Comment

• Alpha Video
        • Aug 2012

Originally posted by David Clarke
        The Mync database is here:
        C:\Users\david\AppData\Roaming\Grass Valley\Mync

There are no options to move where it is stored, back it up or share it. I did put in a feature request some time ago for the option to back it up but it would not hurt if you did too.

To get a Mync database from one computer to another I have just copied the contents.db file. If the clips are in the same place on the new machine - i.e. the same drive letter and folders - it should see them straight away.

Copying this across will wipe out whatever database was on the destination machine and I know of no option to merge them.

The other alternative is to either make the storyboard into an EDIUS project on the first machine and copy that new EDIUS project across or export the storyboard as and XML file and load that to EDIUS on the new machine.

I did a video about the exporting process you can see here : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDuWjapIm8c&t=46s
        Thank you David. My workstation and laptop are set up with the exact same folder structure and path so what you are saying about copying the file should work. I'll give it a go.
        System:

Comment

• David Clarke
          • Aug 2007

I have to say I have not tried this since they added storyboarding but I assume the storyboard is in the same database file.
          EDIUS silver certified trainer.
          Main edit laptop: DVC Kaby Lake desktop processor laptop, 32GB RAM, 3.5Ghz i5 desktop processor, nVidia 1060, Windows 10.
          Desktop: 4Ghz 9900K processor, 32GB RAM, nVidia 1660TI GPU, Windows 10.
          Desktop: 2Ghz 12 core Xeon processor, 32GB RAM, nVidia 1060, BM Intensity Pro, Windows 10

Comment

Working...