muffled audio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• muffled audio

GV Browser disappeared from Desktop. Updated 8.51.22 and got Mync. Imported file and sound muffled. Sounds like it is only playing through subwoofer and not speakers. Files play properly from camera.

How to fix? and why the change from GV to Mync?

Are you choosing the correct channel for playback?
    How many channels does the asset have? can you provide some detail about the audio?
    Just checked with different assets and the audio sounds fine. sampling rate 48Khz 16 bit
    Last edited by GrassValley_SL; 06-27-2017, 04:03 PM.
    Steve

Please don't send me Private Messages for support. Contact Grass Valley support

Comment

The settings are correct. When I play the file in preview same problem. When I drop into timeline and add a fill right effect it works. I have tried moving to different positions with no effect.

Comment

No detail in there.
        We cannot help without details.
        Steve

Comment

Here are the project settings. I have tried all audio channels and none work.

Video
          Frame Size : 1280 x 720
          Frame Rate : 29.97
          Aspect Ratio : 1.0000
          Field order : Progressive
          Video Channels : YCbCr + Alpha
          Quantization Bit Rate : 10Bit
          Stereoscopic Editing : Disable
          Audio
          Sampling Rate : 48000Hz
          Quantization Bit Rate : 16 Bit
          Channel : 8
          Setup
          Render format
          Grass Valley HQX Standard
          Over Scan Size : 3 %
          Audio Reference Level : -20.0dB
          Resampling method
          Area Average (Fast & Sharp)

Comment

It appears to be imported improperly from MYNC. Are there special settings needed?

Comment

is the source file a 5.1 surround file? can you make a screenshot of the file properties with mediainfo in tree view

I noticed your project setting is on 8 channel? are you making 7.1 surround sound video? or stereo video? is stereo, set project to two channels. If surround sound, make sure you map the sequence for surround sound
              Anton Strauss
              Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

Originally posted by storyp24 View Post
                Here are the project settings. I have tried all audio channels and none work.

Video
                Frame Size : 1280 x 720
                Frame Rate : 29.97
                Aspect Ratio : 1.0000
                Field order : Progressive
                Video Channels : YCbCr + Alpha
                Quantization Bit Rate : 10Bit
                Stereoscopic Editing : Disable
                Audio
                Sampling Rate : 48000Hz
                Quantization Bit Rate : 16 Bit
                Channel : 8
                Setup
                Render format
                Grass Valley HQX Standard
                Over Scan Size : 3 %
                Audio Reference Level : -20.0dB
                Resampling method
                Area Average (Fast & Sharp)
                Since you are reporting about mync playback that is off we need to know what type of asset you are playing back and if you are monitoring the correct channel or all.
                What you posted are the project presets of EDIUS which are not very usefull for the Mync issue. Can you load the asset in Mync. Have the preview window and the
                File details expanded. Please take a screenshot and post it please.
                Steve

Comment

When trying to add screen shot it wants a url link. Do not see where to just attach photo.

Comment

Type in your reply click go advanced and click manage attachments.
                    Browse to the file file upload. When done post your reply.
                    Steve

Comment

Here are the screen shots
                      Attached Files

Comment

Thanks but those are Jpegs. Did you attach sound? If so what is the sample rate how many channels does it have.

If not what asset are you playing back and hear muffled sound. Can you be precise? Sampling rate , channels , wrapper ect.

Also we don't need screen shots of EDIUS.

We need the detailed info of the asset you were playing when you got muffled sound. This way we can try to replicate the issue.

Please look at the screen shot to get an idea what we expect.
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by GrassValley_SL; 06-29-2017, 01:23 PM.
                        Steve

Comment

If you have a short segment of that video, could you upload it so that we may test it.
                          That 51 second clip would be great. You can use Google drive for free if you have a Google account.
                          You get 15GB free.

What is your main complaint? The fact that the audio is muffled, which I think is on your end,
                          or the new branding.
                          Jerry
                          Six Gill DV
                          www.sgdvtutorials.com
                          If you own the Tutorials and you need help, PM me.

Vistitle YouTube Channel
                          https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMVlxC8Am4qFbkXJRoPAnMQ/videos

Windows 10 Pro up to v.1803 Tweaks for Edius Users
                          http://sgdvtutorials.com/WIN%2010%20...%20V.2.0.0.pdf

Main System:: Azrock Z97 Extreme 6, [email protected], 32gb ram, Corsair H110, Win10 Pro 64, Samsung 850 pro, E7.5/8.5/E9 on separate SSD drives, HD Spark, Intensity Shuttle, 12tb RAID 0 on backplane ,2 BD, Benq 27 and Hanns-G 28 monitors, CC 2019, GTX 1080ti SC Black.
                          Second System: EditHD Ultimax-i7, X58, [email protected], Corsair H80, Win764, 24gb ram, Storm 3g, Samsung 840 Pro 256, 4tb and 6tb RAID 0 on backplane, GTX 980ti Classified, Edius 9, Apple 30", Samsung 24", dual BD.

Comment

The video is shot on Panasonic HVX 200 with a p2 card. It plays fine from the camera.
                            Once in Edius, if I add the fill right channel it works. It is also muffled in MYNC.
                            Here is a screen grab of details.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Please upload the 51 sec clip. We then can determine if it is the clip or your hardware.
                              My P2 clips play and sound just fine. Notice the 4 channel meter indicators and the file information listing of 4 channels.
                              P2 example.jpg

Here is what it looks like on the Edius timeline.
                              4 Channel in Edius.png
                              Last edited by Jerry; 06-29-2017, 10:36 PM.
                              Jerry
                              Six Gill DV
                              www.sgdvtutorials.com
                              If you own the Tutorials and you need help, PM me.

Vistitle YouTube Channel
                              https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMVlxC8Am4qFbkXJRoPAnMQ/videos

Windows 10 Pro up to v.1803 Tweaks for Edius Users
                              http://sgdvtutorials.com/WIN%2010%20...%20V.2.0.0.pdf

Main System:: Azrock Z97 Extreme 6, [email protected], 32gb ram, Corsair H110, Win10 Pro 64, Samsung 850 pro, E7.5/8.5/E9 on separate SSD drives, HD Spark, Intensity Shuttle, 12tb RAID 0 on backplane ,2 BD, Benq 27 and Hanns-G 28 monitors, CC 2019, GTX 1080ti SC Black.
                              Second System: EditHD Ultimax-i7, X58, [email protected], Corsair H80, Win764, 24gb ram, Storm 3g, Samsung 840 Pro 256, 4tb and 6tb RAID 0 on backplane, GTX 980ti Classified, Edius 9, Apple 30", Samsung 24", dual BD.

Comment

Working...
                              X