Which DVD Software are you using?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by beachside View Post
    That is an essential feature for me, and as far as I have seen only DVDit Pro allows that.
    On the downside, you can only have one set of assets, so usually you would use HD assets and let DVDitPro HD transcode that to produce the SD disk -- you never want to go the other way and let it upscale. My preference would be to supply the program with separate SD and HD assets that I produce using Procoder 3, it is far more flexible in configuring the output settings.

Another thing I absolutely hate about the program is the lack of support from Roxio. There are some serious problems with the program that cause crashes and the company hasn't fixed them. Instead they put the fixes into a separate point upgrade (V6.3 -> V6.4), but that upgrade is not free, and I refuse to pay another $200 to resolve a problem that should never have made it past QA.

Comment

That is an essential feature for me, and as far as I have seen only DVDit Pro allows that.
      Adobe Encore CS3 and Sony DVD Architect 5 can do the same. CS3 can even output the same project to Flash.
      Edius Workgroup 8.53

Comment

Originally posted by plekkie View Post
        Adobe Encore CS3 and Sony DVD Architect 5 can do the same. CS3 can even output the same project to Flash.
        Without re-doing the menus? Using the same menu templates?
        Cheers,
        Stuart.

Comment

Without re-doing the menus? Using the same menu templates?
          Exactly the same. Just change the output. My Bluray and SD are exactly the same. In fact played back on my PS3 upscaled to 1080p30 over HDMI to my Plasma TV, I sometimes wonder why I do the Bluray version!!!! There are some slight differences due to the disc formats. In SD there is a" return to last menu "which for Bluray needs to be a popup menu etc. But both can be arranged in Architect. Not sure about Encore as I haven't used since Architect 5.0 came out. You have a choice in Architect of letting it do the encode or I prefer to set up the authoring with the HD version and then substitute the SD file for the SD DVD output. Nothing else changes just replace the video file with the SD version. I start with a HDV output from Edius( could use HQ but often backup to tape so HDV output is more useful), set final audio mix and named markers in Vegas, let Vegas encode for Bluray input preset for Architect 5.0 and use this as the author master. I like to use TMPGenc to do the encode for SD so use the same HDV file from Edius and just substitute in Architect. They are virtually identical between Bluray and SD version. Architect has some usable templates or you can create your own. Will automatically create sub menus from the chapters and use the names created in Vegas as chapter names and frame grab at that point ( which can be changed to any point in the file).
          Ron Evans
          Ron Evans

Threadripper 1920 stock clock 3.7, Gigabyte Designare X399 MB, 32G G.Skill 3200CL14, 500G M.2 NVME OS, 500G EVO 850 temp. 1T EVO 850 render, 6T Source, 2 x 1T NVME, MSI 1080Ti 11G , EVGA 850 G2, LG BLuray Burner, BM IP4K, WIN10 Pro, Shuttle Pro2

ASUS PB328 monitor, BenQ BL2711U 4K preview monitor, EDIUS X, 9.5 WG, Vegas 18, Resolve Studio 18

Cameras: GH5S, GH6, FDR-AX100, FDR-AX53, DJI OSMO Pocket, Atomos Ninja V x 2

Comment

Encore CS3

Hope to upgrade to CS4

Comment

Now I'm using Encore CS3, but really miss Architect's "smart prepare" function...
              Gintaras
              Edius 8.5/ 5.51, Panasonic hc-x1, Canon 5d3, Canon 550, JVC GZ-GX1 www.gintarasmockus.lt
              i7 3770k, 8 GB RAM, Gigabyte Z77-D3H, Geforce GTX 650 2 GB, 120 GB SSD, 2×1 TB HDD, Win 7 HP 64

Comment

DVDLab. Studio, but I have the "pro" version waiting for my new set-up- a Dell tower with StormHD, if it'll fit- just Edius 5, if not. DVDLab is very good: simple when you want it to be, but if you do want to get fancy fancy, it's there as well.
                No blu-ray, though, so I'm going to expriment with the included software in E5.
                Work: Edius 7.20.437 on HP Z220 workstation; Edius 6.08 on i7 running Win 7 64 bit 6 GB RAM. Neo 2.0 on a Lenovo T61. JVC GY-HD201 and GY-HD110.
                Home: Canon HV20 and Panasonic GH1 (hacked); Neo 3.01 on HP elitebook 8440p i7 and Neo 1 on homemade dualcore desktop.

Comment

i m using Ulead DVD movie Factory its so easy n fast..
                  Intel® Core™ i7-4790K Processor
                  (8M Cache, 4.00 GHz), ASUS H97-PLUS sli mother board, 16Gb 1600mhz Kingston DDR3 RAM, Windows7 64bit, Acer 23inch Crystal wide TFT, 128gb SSD system drive, 2TB+2TB+2TB Data drive, Edius 7.5, Gigabyte Nvidia GT630 2GB, Creative 7.1 Audigy2 Sound Card.

For Wedding Video Editing & TV Comercials....

Comment

Originally posted by kmdeziner View Post
                    i m using Ulead DVD movie Factory its so easy n fast..

Ulead is easy and works great with Edius but like many others I have switched to the CS4 Master Collection. It is hard to beat. Edius is great editor but CS4 does everything (print, web, video). I would never go back to the Edius/Ulead combo as of now. I can only image Edius 6 will get a more robust authoring solution. Edius has came a long way but it still drags behind in many areas.

Comment

I have Ulead PT2 and TAW4... TAW 4 is very good. Blu-Ray ready.. pretty intuitiv, stabel... I haven´t tested it too intensive. My first impression are however good.

Regards,

I.

Comment

Originally posted by THoff View Post
                        On the downside, you can only have one set of assets, so usually you would use HD assets and let DVDitPro HD transcode that to produce the SD disk -- you never want to go the other way and let it upscale. My preference would be to supply the program with separate SD and HD assets that I produce using Procoder 3, it is far more flexible in configuring the output settings.

Another thing I absolutely hate about the program is the lack of support from Roxio. There are some serious problems with the program that cause crashes and the company hasn't fixed them. Instead they put the fixes into a separate point upgrade (V6.3 -> V6.4), but that upgrade is not free, and I refuse to pay another $200 to resolve a problem that should never have made it past QA.
                        Thoff, I was using 6.3 DVDitPro HD and ask about the upgrade to 6.4 which supports Vista 64bit, thay sent me the download link and a new serial number for free, No charge, the update is meant to be for free, you might want to email them about this.

Steve
                        Main system, Supermicro X8DAH+,Dual Xeon X5680 cpu's 24 cores,2x1400watt power supplys,SC747TG-R1400B-SQ Case,192GB 1333mhz ECC Registered ram,8 x 480GB Intel 520 SSD drives,Windows 7 64 bit ultimate, GTX 670 4GB ,2 x Sony BWU300S Blu-Ray burners, 1x Sony DVD burner,LSI 9266 Raid Controller with Cache vault & fast path Lic, ESI MayaE Audio,HD Spark,Blackmagic intensity Pro,TMPGenc 5,Episode Pro 6,Sorenson 9 Pro,Alcohol 120 V2, Edius 6.53,Dell 27"LCD,HD Spark, Powershield 3000VA UPS.

Comment

I'm using 'DVD Studio Pro 4' on the Mac.
                          Awesome app, the main reason I bought a Mac in the 1st place.

Now I'm hoping they incorporate Blu-Ray in their next upgrade or I will buying a PC Blu-Ray Authoring app...
                          GESTOS PRODUCTIONS
                          www.gpvideo.com.au

Comment

Hi Bill

I have a question for you.

I gave a client his DVD back in elementary streams m2v and .wav after demuxing it. On his Mac, DVD Studio PRO does not play the audio (no sound), is this because i worked on a PC? The same files go fine into Encore.
                            AMD Ryzen 9 5950X, RTX 3080, 64GB RAM, EDIUS X WG.

Comment

Hi Mark :)

That doesn't sound right at all.

Wave files work perfectly on the Mac and in DVD Studio Pro.
                              I have never had a problem with .wav files that have been worked on from the PC and moved over to the Mac.

I usually get Compressor to encode my .wav file into a Dolby .ac3 file.
                              Compressor is a certified 'Pro Encoder' for Dolby.
                              (that's why I get Procoder to pump out a .wav instead of it's own .ac3)
                              In Compressor you can choose Dolby Digital Professional 2.0 or 5.1 audio,
                              or let Compressor select the correct setting based on the number of channels in the source file.

If he wants to use the .wav file and not compress it,
                              then tell him to get Compressor to encode it into an .aiff file if his DVD Studio Pro is having trouble with the .wav file.
                              (.aiff is Apple's version of the .wav file for the mac)

Hope that helps, still doesn't make any sense why the .wav file doesn't work on his Mac...

?Strange?
                              GESTOS PRODUCTIONS
                              www.gpvideo.com.au

Comment

Thanks for clearing that up. Bill, we pretty much both believed that to be the case but I had to ask a Mac guy with experience :)

I'll ask him to make .aiff to check first then AC3.
                                Oh, he also said one of the files (wav) was 2 seconds longer according to DVDStudio than the video. Again, not seeing that on the PC so it is V strange- but I am not there to see how or what he is really doing so it may in fact be operator error.
                                AMD Ryzen 9 5950X, RTX 3080, 64GB RAM, EDIUS X WG.

Comment

Working...
                                X