Saving a shot with NewBlue Cartoonr

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saving a shot with NewBlue Cartoonr

Thought I'd share a little trick that completely saved a shot from a recent gig. Below is the original camera image. The videographer had a very nice composition of important people, but the lighting... UG! Our Bridesmaids deserve better.

Editing in GV Edius, I needed to save shot this in a hurry. Preserve the composition, colors, backlight, but lose the harshness. So I used the free version of Cartoonr with some pretty whacked out settings like the ones below.

I intend to create a base of smoothed color for the final clip.
    Here's the results...

Create a copy of the clip to a higher video track with Ctrl+Drag and remove Cartoonr from this new clip. Apply a Screen keyer to the new clip for the results below...

The Screen Key adds too much brightness for this shot, but I can adjust this with the Transparency Rubber Band. And I'm done!

Fixed in about 5 minutes!
    Rusty Rogers | Films
    >TYAN S7025 - 32GB RAM, 2 x Xeon X5690's, 4 x 10k video HD's, Win10 x64, BM DecklinkHD, nVidia TITAN, 12TB DroboPro w/iSCISI connection
    >RAZER BLADE - QHD+ - 16GB RAM, i7-6700HQ Quad, 512GB SSD, Win10 x64, GeForce GTX 1060 6GB

An inglorious peace is better than a dishonorable war.
    Twain - "Glances at History" 1906

Originally posted by Rusty View Post
    Fixed in about 5 minutes!
    in the final shot, the texture in their strands of hair looks really great. very neat.
    emrl.com

Comment

Working...
    X