Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gosh, I was trying to avoid the "C" word.
    Death is somehow better.
    Rusty Rogers | Films
    >TYAN S7025 - 32GB RAM, 2 x Xeon X5690's, 4 x 10k video HD's, Win10 x64, BM DecklinkHD, nVidia TITAN, 12TB DroboPro w/iSCISI connection
    >RAZER BLADE - QHD+ - 16GB RAM, i7-6700HQ Quad, 512GB SSD, Win10 x64, GeForce GTX 1060 6GB

An inglorious peace is better than a dishonorable war.
    Twain - "Glances at History" 1906

Comment

Hi guys,

Few people here interested in HD not in SD format. I have asked some videographer from most countries..they till now using SD. HD using only in USA & AUS. But rest of the world use SD.
      AVCS SYSTEMS INDIA www.avcsindia.com, Email : [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by Rusty View Post
        Gosh, I was trying to avoid the "C" word.
        Death is somehow better.
        I do not understand your opinion..SORRY

Comment

in Australia, it has taken 8 years so far to try and switch people from receiving analogue to digital

so far, 80% have switched in 8 years, another 2 years and analogue will be turned off

so, as for SD, you have a comfortable 10 years before it may or may not fully die, enjoy
          Last edited by antonsvideo; 06-14-2008, 03:58 AM.
          Anton Strauss
          Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro 21H2

Comment

There's no way that SD is dead yet. But like Mike said, Xplode is dead.

SD (a switch from 4:3 to 16:9 is not even finalized yet on most stations) will live for a long time coming.

Comment

Originally posted by antonsvideo View Post
              in Australia, it has taken 8 years so far to try and switch people from receiving analogue to digital

so far, 80% have switched in 8 years, another 2 years and analogue will be turned off

so, as for SD, you have a comfortable 10 years before it may or may not fully die, enjoy
              Antons,

I am enjoying too much with SD and infinite poeple in the world too..AUS is not world..think about others tooo...

in best of my knowledge India & China was and are the place where worlds 70% people lived from total population of earth.

I think you understand.

Comment

Originally posted by STORMDAVE View Post
                There's no way that SD is dead yet. But like Mike said, Xplode is dead.

SD (a switch from 4:3 to 16:9 is not even finalized yet on most stations) will live for a long time coming.
                If xplode dead no problem,..we only work with edius for xplode supported version.

Comment

Originally posted by prakashkrp View Post
                  If xplode dead no problem,..we only work with edius for xplode supported version.
                  Tell me please. you do not understand or you do not want to understand, that Xlode is dead? Xplode for Edius too! Both of them using the same engine, both of them not working on VISTA! And everybody here waiting for Edius 5, that will support Vista, it will not be any of Xplodes in ver. 5.0
                  You are trying to sell a product that will not work with next version Edius in few months.
                  I am not going to pay for something that I can use only short time. Sorry.
                  Asus P8P67, Intel i7 2600K working at 4.50 Ghz, 16Gb Kingston RAM, Windows 7 64bit, 500Gb system drive, 320Gb Data drive and 1TB RAID-0 for AV, Edius NX Express, EVGA nVidia GTX 570 2.5CB DDR5, 750w ALTEC power and some creativity...

Comment

mike0130, don't lose sleep over this one...

This is the longest and silliest thread I've seen over a product based on a 1980's look and technology. While it served it's purpose, it's days are numbered.

I'll be glad to see it (and this thread) go the way of the Dodo.
                    Farewell old Xplode... I used you once.
                    Rusty Rogers | Films
                    >TYAN S7025 - 32GB RAM, 2 x Xeon X5690's, 4 x 10k video HD's, Win10 x64, BM DecklinkHD, nVidia TITAN, 12TB DroboPro w/iSCISI connection
                    >RAZER BLADE - QHD+ - 16GB RAM, i7-6700HQ Quad, 512GB SSD, Win10 x64, GeForce GTX 1060 6GB

An inglorious peace is better than a dishonorable war.
                    Twain - "Glances at History" 1906

Comment

Agreed - this thread is getting seriously derailed.

The first few posts in this thread show links to the CURRENT product and really, that's what matters.

Please take any further debate on the use of Xplode technology and SD vs HD off the forums.

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by STORMDAVE View Post
                        Since Xplode Pro is out of development, what will you guys if it doesn't work on the next version of Edius? Maybe develop a plugin like proDad did.
                        does not stop friend, apart from these adverse comments I am with you ... it was hard to develop a product and watch that I do for free with a draft software "Cinema Suite 3.0" ... I hope you could develop a new plug-in for EDIUS 4 and also for future versions, and greetings go ahead
                        CSXD2 l For EDIUS Pro 6.5
                        http://cinemasuite.blogspot.com/

Comment

nathan_uk

I just received UltraFx2 form AVCS. I am really thrilled after i have installed few strugle. I really have to thank to Sanjeev who really helped me online. After I have worked with AVCs Project My few friends have been tempted. And Now start thinkinging of getting theirs. Its poor instuctions given for installations, But after installed excited. Well done AVCS. If anyone want to ask my experience with this new plugins email me.
                          [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by ajansvideo_uk View Post
                            I just received UltraFx2 form AVCS. I am really thrilled after i have installed few strugle. I really have to thank to Sanjeev who really helped me online. After I have worked with AVCs Project My few friends have been tempted. And Now start thinkinging of getting theirs. Its poor instuctions given for installations, But after installed excited. Well done AVCS. If anyone want to ask my experience with this new plugins email me.
                            [email protected]
                            Thanks ajan. I have appreciate your opinion. Actually we are now work for UltraFX3, and we will provide all possible best help instructions in it.

Comment

Originally posted by Rusty View Post
                              a product based on a 1980's look and technology
                              I do know what you're talking (writing) about, but as a person coming from Europe (i'm actually from the Neteherlands) not so long ago, therefore I can also shed some light on "the way things are" in asia.

Most people in US and Europe, Australia and Singapore etc. are roughly on the same technology and fashionable looks etc.

There are lots of countries (people) who still have very different values about "how things should be" and look like (Malaysia, Thailand, Indonesia etc.).

Me as a westerner, living for several years over here in Asia, can still get surprised by what asian's actually like in e.g. video effects.

These "outdated" 80's hollywood effects, as "we westerners" like to call them are still used by many, and I mean many, budget and super budget wedding videographers over here, so don't dismiss it quite yet.

I know heaps of people who still use a competitors product, and a version that is really reeeeeally old, just because of "these" cheesy effects only work there, and no where else.

I do agree that from a buisness point of view it is not wise to further develop a "dead" technology, but if the effects software is only version 4.x capable and won't work in version 5.x lots of people will stay with version 4.x just for that.

just to give you an strong example of "dead" technology, I am pushing for years the DVD format to all our clients here, and still there are request's, actually severall a week to also produce a VCD (mpeg1) format.

If I don't remember wrong this was rejected by the masses in Europe in the 80's begin 90's, Still going strong here, and some / most of us are already leaving SD-DVD behind.

just some food for tought ...........

Comment

Originally posted by SoundFreak View Post
                                I do know what you're talking (writing) about, but as a person coming from Europe (i'm actually from the Neteherlands) not so long ago, therefore I can also shed some light on "the way things are" in asia.

Most people in US and Europe, Australia and Singapore etc. are roughly on the same technology and fashionable looks etc.

There are lots of countries (people) who still have very different values about "how things should be" and look like (Malaysia, Thailand, Indonesia etc.).

Me as a westerner, living for several years over here in Asia, can still get surprised by what asian's actually like in e.g. video effects.

These "outdated" 80's hollywood effects, as "we westerners" like to call them are still used by many, and I mean many, budget and super budget wedding videographers over here, so don't dismiss it quite yet.

I know heaps of people who still use a competitors product, and a version that is really reeeeeally old, just because of "these" cheesy effects only work there, and no where else.

I do agree that from a buisness point of view it is not wise to further develop a "dead" technology, but if the effects software is only version 4.x capable and won't work in version 5.x lots of people will stay with version 4.x just for that.

just to give you an strong example of "dead" technology, I am pushing for years the DVD format to all our clients here, and still there are request's, actually severall a week to also produce a VCD (mpeg1) format.

If I don't remember wrong this was rejected by the masses in Europe in the 80's begin 90's, Still going strong here, and some / most of us are already leaving SD-DVD behind.

just some food for tought ...........
                                Cool go ahead..I am in my way.

Comment

Working...
                                X