Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• shueardm
    replied
    Just followed the links from the Canopus site so that's probably the issue- thanks.

Leave a comment:

• SRsupport
    replied
    Did you download the latest of the installer? There was a fix for EDIUS 5 done.

Leave a comment:

• shueardm
    replied
    Dah, where is it then, it's called Cartoonr yeah? Not installed.
    Thanks

Leave a comment:

• swsw1550
    replied
    Hi Mark not a 64bit thing bcause it works fine on 64bit Vista.

Cheers
    Steve

Leave a comment:

• shueardm
    replied
    Cartoonr doesn't install to EDIUS 5? The install finished but no plugin for me. Mayeb a Vista 64 bit thing?

Leave a comment:

• Rusty
    replied
    For a freebie it's really good! Download and install, it's that simple.
    It looks best with properly lit subjects, otherwise 50% Motion Blur looks great!

Leave a comment:

• hasan-uz-zaman
    replied
    hasan

Originally posted by majormauser View Post
    Hi,

I just saw this and it looks Quite a bit like xPlode FX Pro for Modern systems.

But they are also giving away (As Well as having to register it with an email address ) a free Edius Plug-in as well

Enjoy..... overall my review ....this stuff looks good.

http://www.newbluefx.com/
    Hi I want to use this plaging

Leave a comment:

• GrassValley_KH
    replied
    Check under 'VideoFilters' in the Effect Palette - there should be a new subfolder called 'NewBlueFX'.

Applying the effect is the same as any other filter in EDIUS, drag and drop it to a clip on the timeline. To make adjustments, click on the clip in question, and then open the effect from the Information Palette.

Leave a comment:

• Andy1234
    replied
    How to use

Hi,
    I already registered cartoonr and also installed it but I need to know how to work on it with Edius. How can I apply its effect on Eduis????

Thanks lots

Andy

Leave a comment:

• Rusty
    replied
    Spam, no... I think the word you're looking for is Nagware.

Fairly painless, one click and you're done for the day.

I bought their stuff anyway.

Leave a comment:

• Operater
    replied
    I want to thank you NewBlueFx for this free effect. They earn a future new customer.
    At my tryings to "make" a similar effect, I discover (as a newbie)
    a new way.
    Copy your clip and put it upside of the copied clip. Apply to the new clip the Video Effect-> Pencil Sketch, and apply Keyer>Blend> Overlay.
    Just play and with others keyers and video effects.

I hope it's not a spam.......:(

Leave a comment:

• Rusty
    replied
    Todor,

Thanks for the quick reply to an issue that's really a non-issue.

I see CartoonR is actually embedded in many of your other filters and now has a place in my video tool set.

I think it's great when a third-party has such an interest in what (may be) the (perceived) underdog NLE.

If NewBlue updates are available, how will we know?
    I just looked at their support page and the update list seems pretty vague...
    you don't know what you may be downloading until you click the file! (shrug) new site needs work... not exactly news, but probably a headache for NewBlue.

Is there a purchase option for cross-platform users?

Note to NewBlue... if the nag will continue, add Edius to the "Host Application" pull-down menu (had to chuckle) :~)

Thanks for listening!
    Last edited by Rusty; 05-20-2008, 01:52 AM.

Leave a comment:

• caminostereo
    replied
    Originally posted by NewBlueFX View Post

Please also note that as a free product, there is nothing to buy, ever. I am aware of other products that nag you untill you buy them. But, I am not aware of a free product that nags you until you buy something else! I'm sure I am wrong and y'all will point out all the great examples that do this right, and we will learn from that.

FWIW, for the trial versions of our products, we don't nag at all!

But, we want to make you happy. We'll increase the interval in our next release, which should be soon. We'll find the right balance. (And note that installing a second time does not require the internet connection.)

Thanks for your honest opinions,

Todor
    it would be good if Mr New Blue FX that there was a second form to register the product without internet connection ... because most users are fairly careful that our main PC that is not subject to viruses that round by internet security work, a warm greeting from Peru and thanks for the support sue company that extends their products "New Blue FX "to" EDIUS 4.xx "which is undoubtedly the most emblematic editor who have Windows.

Leave a comment:

• NewBlue_TF
    replied
    Originally posted by SRsupport View Post
    I am afraid not.
    I get where you are coming from. Other software manufactures remove the nag screen when you buy their products.
    Who knows maybe NewBlue will implement that in the future. :)

Steve
    I apologize that this annoys some (or many?) of you.

This happens once a day but only when you are using Cartoonr. When it opens, it's only a matter of seconds to click on the close button and be rid of it. Hopefully, this isn't too painfull for a free product! And, hopefully, you find it useful. If nothing else, this presents specials that are available only to Cartoonr users.

The only negative comments we are aware of have been these on this forum, but we take you all seriously (this is a great community! Feedback has been incredible - finding and helping us solve issues as we brought this product to release. Rusty posted that amazing demo of Cartoonr on the first or second day of release and was one of our first paying customers.) Initially, the interval was longer and we had users complaining that they missed the specials and had no way to revisit them without waiting. We can't win!

Please also note that as a free product, there is nothing to buy, ever. I am aware of other products that nag you untill you buy them. But, I am not aware of a free product that nags you until you buy something else! I'm sure I am wrong and y'all will point out all the great examples that do this right, and we will learn from that.

FWIW, for the trial versions of our products, we don't nag at all!

But, we want to make you happy. We'll increase the interval in our next release, which should be soon. We'll find the right balance. (And note that installing a second time does not require the internet connection.)

Thanks for your honest opinions,

Todor

Leave a comment:

• NewBlue_TF
    replied
    Originally posted by prakashkrp View Post
    Hi All,

I use the NewBlue cartoon effect..it is cool. Any body tell me how it is install with non-internet pc ?

Thanks in advance.

Prakash Kumar Patra
    Sorry, at this point it really does require an internet connection to install. We are looking into a manual solution, but please understand that this is a free product. Some people simply connect to the internet temporarily during the installation.

Thanks very much for your interest in Cartoonr and NewBlueFX.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X