No announcement yet.

Free Plugin - Cartoon Effect For Edius

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does not appear to support Ev3.62. Has not loaded that I can see. Made 2 install attempts.

Have emailed Newblue TS - FTR
    Last edited by peterC; 04-17-2008, 10:43 AM.
    peterC
    ---------------------
    Edius 3 v3.62 beta / DVRexRT cards
    (Please don't throw stones, it works!)
    Edius 9 v3

Comment

Originally posted by swsw1550 View Post
      Hi,
      I have installed the Newblue Cartoon Plugin in edius 4.61 but have noticed that when I open up Edius the section where I select new progect is all black around the out side, I can still select or enter a progect name ect and edius starts normally, I would like to know why the progect setting page before edius starts is black around the edges of it.

Cheers
      Steve
      Hi Steve

after rebooting my PC, the startup screen has also turned black for me, there is clearly a bug with this plugin

I have renamed NewBlueCartoonR.tpi to NewBlueCartoonR.tpi-old (Plugins folder)

my startup screen is normal again, lets wait and see if the maker has a solution
      Anton Strauss
      Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

Anton

Hi Anton,
        Did renaming the tpi folder fix the black screen problem at start up?

Cheers
        Steve
        Main system, Supermicro X8DAH+,Dual Xeon X5680 cpu's 24 cores,2x1400watt power supplys,SC747TG-R1400B-SQ Case,192GB 1333mhz ECC Registered ram,8 x 480GB Intel 520 SSD drives,Windows 7 64 bit ultimate, GTX 670 4GB ,2 x Sony BWU300S Blu-Ray burners, 1x Sony DVD burner,LSI 9266 Raid Controller with Cache vault & fast path Lic, ESI MayaE Audio,HD Spark,Blackmagic intensity Pro,TMPGenc 5,Episode Pro 6,Sorenson 9 Pro,Alcohol 120 V2, Edius 6.53,Dell 27"LCD,HD Spark, Powershield 3000VA UPS.

Comment

Originally posted by swsw1550 View Post
          Hi Anton,
          Did renaming the tpi folder fix the black screen problem at start up?

Cheers
          Steve
          yes it did, but of course the filter no longer works while it is renamed, I just wanted to know if this is the cause and renaming is quicker than uninstalling

I renamed the actual file and not the folder
          Anton Strauss
          Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

Anton,

Can you please post a screen grab of that black start up screen. I am curious.

Steve
            Steve
            EDIUS Trainer, Grass Cutter Gold
            A proud EDIUS EDITOR
            For more information on the Grass Cutter program please visit: http://www.grass-cutters.net

Comment

Pretty keen!

Hows this?

No crashes yet (knock wood)

Anybody stopped by the Blue-plug-in-guys' booth at the NAB?
              Rusty Rogers | Films
              >TYAN S7025 - 32GB RAM, 2 x Xeon X5690's, 4 x 10k video HD's, Win10 x64, BM DecklinkHD, nVidia TITAN, 12TB DroboPro w/iSCISI connection
              >RAZER BLADE - QHD+ - 16GB RAM, i7-6700HQ Quad, 512GB SSD, Win10 x64, GeForce GTX 1060 6GB

An inglorious peace is better than a dishonorable war.
              Twain - "Glances at History" 1906

Comment

Looks cool though. Maybe the guys at new blue like black. he he
                I like it. :)

Steve
                Steve
                EDIUS Trainer, Grass Cutter Gold
                A proud EDIUS EDITOR
                For more information on the Grass Cutter program please visit: http://www.grass-cutters.net

Comment

Getting the effect to work under EDIUS

I was also plagued with the problem of getting the plugin to work under EDIUS, but was able to get it to work by copying the tpi and dll files into the plugin directory under EDIUS.

This seems to fix the problem.

I don't know about my posting opening up any storm doors :), but I do feel that this is a very interesting plugin.

I may not post much here, but I am glad to help out in any forum, where I can.

Comment

Andrew,

Did the installer not work for you?
                    Are you logged on as an Administrator? (sorry, had to ask) :~/

It's refreshing to hear from the folks from the other side of that "Big Blue Wet Thing" between here and where you are.

Even if not much happens, it's good to hear someone's listening.
                    Rusty Rogers | Films
                    >TYAN S7025 - 32GB RAM, 2 x Xeon X5690's, 4 x 10k video HD's, Win10 x64, BM DecklinkHD, nVidia TITAN, 12TB DroboPro w/iSCISI connection
                    >RAZER BLADE - QHD+ - 16GB RAM, i7-6700HQ Quad, 512GB SSD, Win10 x64, GeForce GTX 1060 6GB

Comment

Black Screen With NewBlue

Hi,
                      This black screen thing also happens with the WaveArt Audio suite which are VST plugins, BUT wavearts suite includes about 5 VST plugins, I have noticed when I remove one of the VST Wavearts plugins the black screen thing will go away, Very strange as NewBlue Cartoon effect is not a VST plugin though, the problem might be with Edius! Who knows, if anyone works out how to stop this black screen thing with NewBlue Cartoon effect please let me know.

Cheers
                      Steve
                      Main system, Supermicro X8DAH+,Dual Xeon X5680 cpu's 24 cores,2x1400watt power supplys,SC747TG-R1400B-SQ Case,192GB 1333mhz ECC Registered ram,8 x 480GB Intel 520 SSD drives,Windows 7 64 bit ultimate, GTX 670 4GB ,2 x Sony BWU300S Blu-Ray burners, 1x Sony DVD burner,LSI 9266 Raid Controller with Cache vault & fast path Lic, ESI MayaE Audio,HD Spark,Blackmagic intensity Pro,TMPGenc 5,Episode Pro 6,Sorenson 9 Pro,Alcohol 120 V2, Edius 6.53,Dell 27"LCD,HD Spark, Powershield 3000VA UPS.

Comment

I've got a ton of VSTs that didn't ship with Edius and I'm not having any problems.

Comment

Not All

No it is not all vst plugins, it is only a couple, it must be the VST plugins then that is having this problem. Not Edius..

Cheers
                          Steve

Comment

Originally posted by GrassValley_AS View Post
                            I was also plagued with the problem of getting the plugin to work under EDIUS, but was able to get it to work by copying the tpi and dll files into the plugin directory under EDIUS.

This seems to fix the problem.

I don't know about my posting opening up any storm doors :), but I do feel that this is a very interesting plugin.

I may not post much here, but I am glad to help out in any forum, where I can.
                            For the New Bluefx guys:

Did you guys buy out Hollywood FX? A lot of the effects are very similar to that program series.
                            When you ship these for GV Edius, will these work in RT or will they all have
                            to be rendered. Are your effects 100% GPU handled or what?
                            Just curious.
                            Jerry
                            Six Gill DV
                            www.sgdvtutorials.com
                            If you own the Tutorials and you need help, PM me.

Vistitle YouTube Channel
                            https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMVlxC8Am4qFbkXJRoPAnMQ/videos

Windows 10 Pro up to v.1803 Tweaks for Edius Users
                            http://sgdvtutorials.com/WIN%2010%20...%20V.2.0.0.pdf

Main System:: Azrock Z97 Extreme 6, [email protected], 32gb ram, Corsair H110, Win10 Pro 64, Samsung 850 pro, E7.5/8.5/E9 on separate SSD drives, HD Spark, Intensity Shuttle, 12tb RAID 0 on backplane ,2 BD, Benq 27 and Hanns-G 28 monitors, CC 2019, GTX 1080ti SC Black.
                            Second System: EditHD Ultimax-i7, X58, [email protected], Corsair H80, Win764, 24gb ram, Storm 3g, Samsung 840 Pro 256, 4tb and 6tb RAID 0 on backplane, GTX 980ti Classified, Edius 9, Apple 30", Samsung 24", dual BD.

Comment

Originally posted by Rusty View Post
                              Andrew,

Did the installer not work for you?
                              Are you logged on as an Administrator? (sorry, had to ask) :~/

It's refreshing to hear from the folks from the other side of that "Big Blue Wet Thing" between here and where you are.

Even if not much happens, it's good to hear someone's listening.
                              I am logged in as administrator, and the installer worked fine (except that the installed couldn't register the product - I think it firewall related).

One possibility may be in the different file structure for installing the system on a Japanese system, instead of an English system (I'm checking this out with our developing dpt. guys).

And yes, we try to keep an ear open on things like this (even if there is a time-delay :) ).

Comment

Any possibility this plug-in would be causing SpeedEncoder to crash?
                                I'll uninstall to test a theory here.
                                Rusty Rogers | Films

Comment

Working...
                                X