Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems Edius X - OFX Bridge (NewBlue) and Boris Continuum OFX Version

Hi folks,

a few weeks ago i bought the Boris Optical Plugin for Photoshop to get cool LensFlare FX on my photos. So i thought, I'll give Boris Continuum OFX version a try with Edius X. Every software, Edius X, Boris Continuum and the NewBlue OFX Interface are installed in their latest available version on my PC.
    Right now I'm facing the issue, when i add a BCC effect on a clip, which needs to be rendered for preview or output, the BCC effect is not vissible anymore, after the render process is finalized, on/within the clip(s). Means i have the blank/original clip with no FX as preview or render output.
    In further tests i got this results:

Scenario 1:
    * Videoclip and BCC effect can be played in realtime on the timeline, the BCC FX is vissible and correct shown on the preview monitor and playback signal
    * if i want to render the clip to a file, in the rendered video/file the effect disapear and is not shown.

Scenario 2:
    * Videoclip and BCC effect can NOT be played in realtime on the timeline. Without a preview render i can see the BCC effect during scrubbing on the timeline and also during playback, which is jittery of course (no realtime)
    * If i render the clip, to playback in realtime on the timeline, the BCC effect disappers
    * Open the "rendered" clips to edit the BCC fx, brings back the prewiew on the timeline with the BCC FX and the Green marked area in Edius becomes yellow.
    * As long as the clips isn't rendered on the timeline, the BCC FX will be shown, rendering the clip again let the BCC FX disapear on the clip

Note: on the same workstation the BCC OFX plugin works well with Davinci Resolve 17 (and of course the same clips for testing).

Seems for me, that Edius or the NewBlue Open FX interface has some troubles with BCC?
    Can anyone confirm this issue too, to ensure it's not a local problem of ny Editing workstation?

The trial version of BCC can be downloaded for free, after a small registration on the Boris FX website.

Thanks for any comments and input!

Ciao
    Werner
    Werner Weißböck
    [SIZE="2"]X-trem production, Austria

which version EDIUS X and which version OFX Bridge? latest OFX Bridge is 210609

also, what is the render codec in project settings?
    Anton Strauss
    Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro 21H2

Comment

Hi Anton,

Edius Version is 10.32.8750
      OFX Bridge - 3.0.201014 (seem to be older than yours)
      Render Codec in the project is GV-HQ-Standard. I changed the codec settings to Uncompressed RBG or Prores422 but result was always the same. Issue still there.

Where can I download the latest Version of OFX Bridge, because when i use the Edius Net Manager, he's telling me that I am using the latest versions off all used software parts. So i guess i have to update the OFX Bridge manual. Do you have a download link for me?

Hot greetings from Austria with 38 degree :-)
      Werner
      Werner Weißböck

Comment

Hi Werner

latest version of OFX and Titler is here
        http://dl.newbluefx.com/downloads/Wi...roForEDIUS.exe

+38 is a bit hot for Austrian conditions, but not uncommon here in summer
        Anton Strauss

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro 21H2

Comment

Hi Anton,

thanks for the link. I downloaded and installed the new package, but this doensn't influence my problem. Still there.
          I tried also to change the project setting to a 10bit project, with/without Alpha in the Video channels, different sizes Full HD, QHD, frame rates etc., but also here no effect on my problem. Still the same as i described my problem above.

One thing i tried too, is i rendered a clip on the timeline so that the clips becomes "green" in Edius, playback of the green area in the clip doesnt show the BCC effect. Then i extended the clip, and the extended parts of the clip become a "yellow" render status. So ia have a mix, first 1/2 is green second 1/2 is yellow. During Playback green partis not shown with the BCC FX, yellow part is shown with the BCC FX, as it was not rendered.

For me it looks like there is some kind of render issue, independet of frame rates, 8/10 bit and videoformat, 720p, 1080p, QHD etc.

Ciao
          Werner

Werner Weißböck

Comment

can you test render with Shift+Q after setting in and out

I don't have that Boris to test myself
            Anton Strauss

Comment

Werner for this issue it is best to contact New Blue.
              Steve

Get Support or the Latest version of EDIUS:
              EDIUS support and Downloads

Comment

here it works well, some effects don't work, but very few, I made the area render and it works perfect, the effect continues.
                Attached Files

Comment

another issue is that Boris uses Open Gl and not directx to render, so he is slow

Comment

Originally posted by MUSTAFA STUDIO View Post
                    here it works well, some effects don't work, but very few, I made the area render and it works perfect, the effect continues.
                    Can you try a Lensflare effect or a 3D Lensflare effect in BCC. There are two different types of Lensflares in. Both of them are not working on my Edius system.
                    Things like a color correction filter or similar are fine here as well. Can you give a try on a lensflare effect to see if it's working for you?

BR.
                    Werner
                    Werner Weißböck

Comment

here I only see the effects that work
                      Attached Files

Comment

did the Shift+Q render also fail?
                        Anton Strauss

Comment

I made a render of a part, and it was perfect with the effect, if you change the effect in the render part, it loses the render, you have to do it again, of the known Edius effects, it is the most problematic, I don't use it myself , and look that my PC is very strong, gxt 1080ti, m.2 raid on C and 4 more ssd zero raid, 64gb 3200mhz ram, 1300 watts power supply, 03 dell 27 monitors and 01 samsung 32 monitor, evga Nu audio card, dual boot win 10 use

Comment

ahh forgot, 9900k and asus rog xi code card

Comment

Shift Q render also fails, at least here on my workstation. Doesn't matter which kind of render I'll set, after the effect is rendered on the timeline, edius has lost the FX information and only playback the "original" video source" without the borisFX, 100% reproducable with the LensFlare FX in BCC, because that's the reason I want to buy this software,as the lensflare effects are amazing in BCC !

As i said in a previous post on the top, color correction FX, highlight, glitter or some other effects in BCC works in Edius also when it's rendered. ONly the LensFlare Effects and 3D LensFlare effect in BCC via OFX Bridge are not working ;-(

Send and Email to Boris Support, but after one week, still no feedback from them :-(

Werner Weißböck

Comment

Working...
                              X