• Show
Clear All

• gameroja
    replied
    Thanks dpalomaki !!

Leave a comment:

• dpalomaki
    replied
    FWIW: HDMI audio splitter are available for under US$25 from Amazon and other sources. They pass the HDMI signal (up to 4K) through while providing separate analog RCA and SPDIF audio outputs. Useful if your monitor/TV does not provide separate audio output jacks.

Leave a comment:

• gameroja
    replied
    Thanks BernH and Anton for your advises. Yes, maybe I had no patience, but also because I don't need so urgently to make the whole change to 4K-10bit and also update to EdiusX (even if I paid for the Edius update). I will wait (patiently) for new hardware.

Leave a comment:

• BernH
    replied
    Originally posted by gameroja View Post
    Storm card was great, HDSpark, the same. I am a bit tired that with the years we are loosing simplicity. HDSpark is not compatible with Edius X. Edius X needs Windows 10. So, we have to make very often more and more changes in hardware and software. Hope Grass Valley makes an HDSpark 4K
    While I don't work for GV and can't exactly speak for them, I doubt very much you will see that happen. As the the years have gone by, they have been making fewer I/O cards, so I can't see them getting back into that market, especially when there are other card manufacturers out there that are offering cards that work with more software than just edius like the spark did, making them more attractive to end users.

I still think your issue with your IP4k sounded like the firmware update never got applied. I did one install of an IP4k that I could not get to update, so I pulled it and stuck in in a different computer with different hardware, applied the drivers and update and then placed it back in the intended system. I have no idea what was causing the firmware to not install, but once I did that, future driver installs were able to update the firmware. You may have been too quick to throw in the towel and return the card.

Leave a comment:

• gameroja
    replied
    Storm card was great, HDSpark, the same. I am a bit tired that with the years we are loosing simplicity. HDSpark is not compatible with Edius X. Edius X needs Windows 10. So, we have to make very often more and more changes in hardware and software. Hope Grass Valley makes an HDSpark 4K

Leave a comment:

• BernH
    replied
    Originally posted by antonsvideo View Post

so you use powered speakers, why not connect them to the TV, surely the TV has a headphone output, so you use a headphone 1/8" stereo jack to stereo RCA splitter cable, I have several laying around here
    That's exactly what I suggested above. We do it at the office in our edit suites, although we do go through a little 4ch mackie desktop mixer for easy volume control (also as I mentioned above and in several other threads) This always gives perfect lip sync with the video monitor because the analog is sent to the speakers after any processing is done in the tv/video monitor, meaning no sync delay.

Leave a comment:

• antonsvideo
    replied
    I don't use an amp. With the HDSpark I can connect with left-right RCA both speakers directly. And with perfect lipsync. Would be great if Grass Valley makes an HDSpark 4K 10bit
    so you use powered speakers, why not connect them to the TV, surely the TV has a headphone output, so you use a headphone 1/8" stereo jack to stereo RCA splitter cable, I have several laying around here

Leave a comment:

• gameroja
    replied
    I don't use an amp. With the HDSpark I can connect with left-right RCA both speakers directly. And with perfect lipsync. Would be great if Grass Valley makes an HDSpark 4K 10bit

Leave a comment:

• GrassValley_PS
    replied
    Originally posted by antonsvideo View Post
    ...many TV have optical audio output and many Yamaha Amps have an optical input
    That is the way I have seen most of the time on setups like this.

Leave a comment:

• antonsvideo
    replied
    Thanks Anton, Mini Monitor 4K would be perfect if they had RCA connectors. My two Yamaha HS5, which are great for monitoring audio, don't have HDMI connections. The have XLR ones. I don't need amplifier: directly from RCA to XLR.
    but doing it your way, the audio will be out of lipsync

does your TV have an audio out connector (even headphone) that you could feed to your Amp?

also, many TV have optical audio output and many Yamaha Amps have an optical input

Leave a comment:

• gameroja
    replied
    Thanks Anton, Mini Monitor 4K would be perfect if they had RCA connectors. My two Yamaha HS5, which are great for monitoring audio, don't have HDMI connections. The have XLR ones. I don't need amplifier: directly from RCA to XLR.

Leave a comment:

• antonsvideo
    replied
    the Mini Monitor 4k makes no fan noise and works perfect for me, no RCA needed, audio is delivered via HDMI

Leave a comment:

• gameroja
    replied
    Maybe is my card. I returned it and reinstalled the HDSpark, which is perfect for monitoring audio and video with its two RCA connectors directly to my powered speakers. The problem: I can't monitor 4K through an external TV and it doesn't work with Edius X. I stick for the moment with Edius 9, which has everything I need and use my own PC Benq monitor for color correction. The external monitor it's just 2K. I wanted to make the change to watch everything in 4K and 10 bit on an external TV, but I don't see good solutions at the moment. A pity that I paid for Edius X update.

Leave a comment:

• noafilm
    replied
    is terribly loud
    There must be something wrong with this unit as my Intensity Pro 4K is near silent, the only thing I hear from my pc are the cooling fans that are build into the pc case.

Leave a comment:

• BernH
    replied
    No loud doesn't sound right. When i was using my IP4k (which I will have to go back to for Edius X when I make the upgrade), the initial installed drivers did not update the firmware, so the little fan on it was on full speed all the time. i decided to put in my older IP original version while I did a little research and decided what to do. Everyone was complaining of the same issue, so while I waited to see if BM would fix it, I also looked at possibly replacing the fan with something else. BM did release new drivers that installed a firmware flash and like Don the fan noise went from unbearable to about on par with any other fan.

So once again, if you didn't see the firmware update window when installing the drivers, something is blocking it. The update does require a reboot for it to install properly, and you will see a little window come up after the reboot too if I recall. If you haven't seen that, your firmware has not been updated, and something has blocked the process.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X