No announcement yet.

Audio output with Edius X

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What do you mean by its terribly loud? Are there any audio output level settings in the BM Desktop Video Setup app?

Anton-01690.png
    Anton Strauss
    Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro 21H2

Comment

Originally posted by gameroja View Post
      After a couple of hours with the Intensity Pro 4K, I can say that I'm planning to return it: is terribly loud and it is not possible to deactivate when I am out of Edius. I am searching for a simple card like the HDSpark, but with 4K support. Do you know another alternative for the same prize as the Intensity? It's just for having video and audio output with left and right RCA. It's a pity that Grass Valley doesn't update HDSpark
      If you are referring to the fan noise (sounds like it since you say it is loud outside of Edius, but you didn’t exactly say what is loud), this was cured by a firmware update that came out after the card was released. When you installed the desktop video drivers, you should have been prompted to update the firmware and then reboot. If you did not get that prompt, it may be that your virus scanner is blocking the firmware update from running.
      Last edited by BernH; 01-15-2022, 06:25 PM.
      Edius WG 9.55.7761, various 3rd party plugins, VisTitle 2.9.5.6, Win 7 Ultimate SP1, i7-4790K @ 4GHz with HD4600 GPU embedded, MSI Z97 Gaming 7 Motherboard, 32GB Kingston HyperX RAM, nVidia GTX680 4GB GPU, Matrox MX02 Mini MAX, Corsair 750W PSU, Corsair H110i GT Water Cooler, Corsair C70 case, 8TB Internal RAID 0/stripe (2x4TB Seagate SATAIII HDD's, Win7 Software stripe), 1TB Crucial MX500 SSD, Pioneer BDR-207D, Dual 1920x1080 monitors (one on GTX680 and one on Intel HD4600).

Comment

Yes, the fan is very, very loud, even with the new update. And it is not possible to deactivate to use only for editing. Is all the time running. I think I will return it. I bought also the Edius X update, but I prefer Edius 9, because I have problems all the time with exporting: I don't see the progress of exporting and if it happens or not. So, I will stick with Edius 9 and HDSpark for the moment. Thanks a lot

Comment

Yes, the fan is very, very loud, even with the new update. And it is not possible to deactivate to use only for editing. Is all the time running. I think I will return it. I bought also the Edius X update, but I prefer Edius 9, because I have problems all the time with exporting: I don't see the progress of exporting and if it happens or not. So, I will stick with Edius 9 and HDSpark for the moment. Thanks a lot
          if you select add to bin, you will see the export progress bar in the bin thumbnail
          https://www.videoproductions.com.au/...n-progress.png
          I have no issues with 10.30 but I don't use 11th or 12th Gen CPU

I am using a BM Mini Monitor 4k and can't hear its fan at all. I guess the Intensity Pro fan is louder?
          Anton Strauss

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro 21H2

Comment

Thanks for the advise about exporting. Edius is sometimes complicating things and people don't want to loose time researching. Yes, the fan of the Intensity is very loud and I don't find the way to deactivate the card when I don't use Edius as HDSpark does. Only through devices administration in Windows

Comment

which BM driver version are you using?
              Anton Strauss

Comment

• gameroja
                gameroja commented
                Editing a comment
                Desktop Video Installer v12.2.2

Loud doesn't sound right. My IP4K fan is quieter than the case, graphics card, and CPU fans. Did BMD change to a different fan during the production run as well and if so, perhaps you got old stock.

Comment

No loud doesn't sound right. When i was using my IP4k (which I will have to go back to for Edius X when I make the upgrade), the initial installed drivers did not update the firmware, so the little fan on it was on full speed all the time. i decided to put in my older IP original version while I did a little research and decided what to do. Everyone was complaining of the same issue, so while I waited to see if BM would fix it, I also looked at possibly replacing the fan with something else. BM did release new drivers that installed a firmware flash and like Don the fan noise went from unbearable to about on par with any other fan.

So once again, if you didn't see the firmware update window when installing the drivers, something is blocking it. The update does require a reboot for it to install properly, and you will see a little window come up after the reboot too if I recall. If you haven't seen that, your firmware has not been updated, and something has blocked the process.
                Edius WG 9.55.7761, various 3rd party plugins, VisTitle 2.9.5.6, Win 7 Ultimate SP1, i7-4790K @ 4GHz with HD4600 GPU embedded, MSI Z97 Gaming 7 Motherboard, 32GB Kingston HyperX RAM, nVidia GTX680 4GB GPU, Matrox MX02 Mini MAX, Corsair 750W PSU, Corsair H110i GT Water Cooler, Corsair C70 case, 8TB Internal RAID 0/stripe (2x4TB Seagate SATAIII HDD's, Win7 Software stripe), 1TB Crucial MX500 SSD, Pioneer BDR-207D, Dual 1920x1080 monitors (one on GTX680 and one on Intel HD4600).

Comment

is terribly loud
                  There must be something wrong with this unit as my Intensity Pro 4K is near silent, the only thing I hear from my pc are the cooling fans that are build into the pc case.

Comment

Maybe is my card. I returned it and reinstalled the HDSpark, which is perfect for monitoring audio and video with its two RCA connectors directly to my powered speakers. The problem: I can't monitor 4K through an external TV and it doesn't work with Edius X. I stick for the moment with Edius 9, which has everything I need and use my own PC Benq monitor for color correction. The external monitor it's just 2K. I wanted to make the change to watch everything in 4K and 10 bit on an external TV, but I don't see good solutions at the moment. A pity that I paid for Edius X update.

Comment

the Mini Monitor 4k makes no fan noise and works perfect for me, no RCA needed, audio is delivered via HDMI
                      Anton Strauss

Comment

Thanks Anton, Mini Monitor 4K would be perfect if they had RCA connectors. My two Yamaha HS5, which are great for monitoring audio, don't have HDMI connections. The have XLR ones. I don't need amplifier: directly from RCA to XLR.

Comment

Thanks Anton, Mini Monitor 4K would be perfect if they had RCA connectors. My two Yamaha HS5, which are great for monitoring audio, don't have HDMI connections. The have XLR ones. I don't need amplifier: directly from RCA to XLR.
                          but doing it your way, the audio will be out of lipsync

does your TV have an audio out connector (even headphone) that you could feed to your Amp?

also, many TV have optical audio output and many Yamaha Amps have an optical input
                          Anton Strauss

Comment

Originally posted by antonsvideo View Post
                            ...many TV have optical audio output and many Yamaha Amps have an optical input
                            That is the way I have seen most of the time on setups like this.

1: 3970X Threadripper, Asus ROG Strix TR40 E Gaming, G. Skill Trident Z Neo 128G DDR4 3600, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080Ti, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 1T, Intel 660P M.2 2T (2), Seagate Ironwolf NAS 12T, Enermax TR4 360 AIO, Lian Li 011 DXL, AJA Kona 4, Asus ROG Thor 1200

2: i7 6950X OC to 4.5GHz, ASUS RAMPAGE V EDITION 10, Corsair Dominator Platinum 64G DDR4 2800, SAMSUNG 950 PRO M.2 512G, GeForce GTX 1080ti SC Black, Corsair AX1200i, Phanteks Luxe, 16T RAID HGST Deskstar NAS 4T, Corsair H115i AIO, BM IP 4K

Comment

I don't use an amp. With the HDSpark I can connect with left-right RCA both speakers directly. And with perfect lipsync. Would be great if Grass Valley makes an HDSpark 4K 10bit

Comment

Working...
                              X