Audio output with Edius X

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Audio output with Edius X

I have a HDSpark to output video and audio using Edius 9. It has two RCA jacks to connect to my two stereo external speakers. How can I monitor video and audio in the same conditions with EdiusX? Because BlackMagic Monitor doesn't have RCA jacks. Thanks

The Intensity Pro 4K has a breakout cable with rca connectors.
    Jerry
    Six Gill DV
    www.sgdvtutorials.com
    If you own the Tutorials and you need help, PM me.

Vistitle YouTube Channel
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMVlxC8Am4qFbkXJRoPAnMQ/videos

Windows 10 Pro up to v.1803 Tweaks for Edius Users
    http://sgdvtutorials.com/WIN%2010%20...%20V.2.0.0.pdf

Main System:: Azrock Z97 Extreme 6, [email protected], 32gb ram, NZXT Z63, Win10 Pro 64, Samsung 850 pro, E7.5/8.5/E9 on separate SSD drives, 2TB Sabrent M.2 NVME, BM MINI MONITOR 4K, 12tb RAID 0 on backplane ,2 BD, Dual LG 27GK65S-B 144Hz monitors, GTX 1080ti SC Black.
    Second System: EditHD Ultimax-i7, X58, [email protected], Corsair H80, Win764, 24gb ram, Storm 3g, Samsung 840 Pro 256, 4tb and 6tb RAID 0 on backplane, GTX 980ti Classified, Edius 9, Apple 30", Samsung 24", dual BD.

Comment

Originally posted by gameroja View Post
    I have a HDSpark to output video and audio using Edius 9. It has two RCA jacks to connect to my two stereo external speakers. How can I monitor video and audio in the same conditions with EdiusX? Because BlackMagic Monitor doesn't have RCA jacks. Thanks
    you don't need the RCA jacks as these are out of lip sync with the HDMI vision

connect the HDMI from Spark to a Yamaha or similar Home Amplifier and go from the Yamaha to TV via HDMI

or connect the HDMI from Spark to a TV with built in speakers
    Anton Strauss
    Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

• gameroja
      gameroja
      gameroja commented
      Editing a comment
      With Edius X I can't use HDSpark. I have two speakers with cannon connexions and RCA which I connected since now directly to the RCA connections of the HDSpark (using Edius 9). I see SGDV suggest the Intensity Pro 4K. There is perfect audio-video syncro with this card?

• gameroja
      gameroja
      gameroja commented
      Editing a comment
      Is it possible to have both cards (HDSpark and Intensity Pro 4K) in the same motherboard? Does the Intensity Pro 4K works as well as the HDSpark? Because audio goes through a breakout cable, not directly.

The A/V Sync issues are usually not caused by the I/O card (Spark, IP4k, etc.) They are usually caused by the processing delay in your video monitor. The audio leaving the IP4k via the RCA connectors is in sync with the computer monitor and HDMI out of the IP4k, but the HDMI processing in a video monitor can introduce a delay. If your monitor is fast at processing, this isn't generally noticeable, but if it is not fast it is noticeable. Monitoring the audio through an amp like Anton suggested works because the amp can delay the audio to match the video. Some amps require manual adjustment, but some can auto adjust because they "query" the video monitor for the processing delay.

If you don't have an amp or your speakers are self powered, another option is to use the 3.5mm audio out from the video monitor to feed the speakers via a cheap 3.5mm to dual RCA cable. (if it is a consumer model, this is a very common connection). If you set the TV to make this a variable output, the TV than becomes your volume control for the speakers, or you can run through some other volume control like a small desktop mixer or an ART SCC (https://www.artproaudio.com/product/scc/ )
    Edius WG 9.55.7761, various 3rd party plugins, VisTitle 2.9.5.6, Win 7 Ultimate SP1, i7-4790K @ 4GHz with HD4600 GPU embedded, MSI Z97 Gaming 7 Motherboard, 32GB Kingston HyperX RAM, nVidia GTX680 4GB GPU, Matrox MX02 Mini MAX, Corsair 750W PSU, Corsair H110i GT Water Cooler, Corsair C70 case, 8TB Internal RAID 0/stripe (2x4TB Seagate SATAIII HDD's, Win7 Software stripe), 1TB Crucial MX500 SSD, Pioneer BDR-207D, Dual 1920x1080 monitors (one on GTX680 and one on Intel HD4600).

Comment

Thank you BernH for your comments

Comment

I just installed a Monoprice Blackbird splitter https://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=24278
        I went with this unit and a toslink connector. It runs through my Edirol UA-25EX USB audio interface.
        You can also go analog into your powered speakers if you don't have a USB interface.

I will say there is still a very quick slapback echo when both the system audio and the tv audio are playing.
        Using just the system audio, there is no visual perception of delay. It's not perfect, but it is really close.

This unit does work with the BM Mini Monitor 4k.
        Here is the manual: https://downloads.monoprice.com/file...ual_170718.pdf
        Jerry
        Six Gill DV
        www.sgdvtutorials.com

Vistitle YouTube Channel

Main System:: Azrock Z97 Extreme 6, [email protected], 32gb ram, NZXT Z63, Win10 Pro 64, Samsung 850 pro, E7.5/8.5/E9 on separate SSD drives, 2TB Sabrent M.2 NVME, BM MINI MONITOR 4K, 12tb RAID 0 on backplane ,2 BD, Dual LG 27GK65S-B 144Hz monitors, GTX 1080ti SC Black.
        Second System: EditHD Ultimax-i7, X58, [email protected], Corsair H80, Win764, 24gb ram, Storm 3g, Samsung 840 Pro 256, 4tb and 6tb RAID 0 on backplane, GTX 980ti Classified, Edius 9, Apple 30", Samsung 24", dual BD.

Comment

Thank you, Jerry. I finally bought the Intensity Pro 4K. I am waiting for it

Comment

I see that the Monoprice Blackbird splitter supports 4K 60Hz 4:4:4: video. It is possible to watch video output to a monitor?, or just audio?. It's not clear in the manual

Comment

That unit just splits the audio from the HDMI so it can be sent to an audio device via the analog out and/or the optical out. The video is passed on to the video monitor along with the audio. It is simply a way to get the embedded digital audio from the HDMI to an audio only device.

The slap-back echo Jerry mentioned is once again due to the processing delay of the TV and the splitter not being the same. If you use the AMP setup like Anton suggested, which also splits the audio off of the HDMI or the audio out of the monitor, which feeds the speakers after the monitor has processed the video and has split the audio off to send to it's internal speakers, like I suggested, the processing delay is not an issue as I mentioned above.
              Edius WG 9.55.7761, various 3rd party plugins, VisTitle 2.9.5.6, Win 7 Ultimate SP1, i7-4790K @ 4GHz with HD4600 GPU embedded, MSI Z97 Gaming 7 Motherboard, 32GB Kingston HyperX RAM, nVidia GTX680 4GB GPU, Matrox MX02 Mini MAX, Corsair 750W PSU, Corsair H110i GT Water Cooler, Corsair C70 case, 8TB Internal RAID 0/stripe (2x4TB Seagate SATAIII HDD's, Win7 Software stripe), 1TB Crucial MX500 SSD, Pioneer BDR-207D, Dual 1920x1080 monitors (one on GTX680 and one on Intel HD4600).

Comment

Originally posted by gameroja View Post
                I see that the Monoprice Blackbird splitter supports 4K 60Hz 4:4:4: video. It is possible to watch video output to a monitor?, or just audio?. It's not clear in the manual
                I'm using it to connect to an LG 4K TV. With my latest adjustments in the Roland UA-25EX control panel, I have the slap back almost gone.
                The unit passes 10bit HDR, 4:4:4 video, up to 192hz, and multi channel over Toslink. Basically, the video is just passed thru.

I have not tried this analog. It should work with powered speakers with an aux in using the analog out on the back of the device.
                Having the USB interface does make a difference.
                Jerry
                Six Gill DV
                www.sgdvtutorials.com

Vistitle YouTube Channel

Comment

FWIW I use a HDTV and BMD Intensity Pro. The TV has RCA audio output jacks I feed to an amplifier (receiver actually) for monitoring in sync sound. I can select the TV audio or audio from the PC sound card (or FM radio for that matter) depending on what I am doing.

Be aware that the Intensity Pro 4K has issues with analog video capture, especially the component inputs.

Comment

i installed the Intensity Pro 4K. For the moment I only have audio to my two powered speakers, but not video. I selected Intensity Pro 4K inside Edius, which appears in hardware options, but no image in the monitor connected via HDMI

Comment

You need to setup the desktop video settings.
                      Jerry
                      Six Gill DV
                      www.sgdvtutorials.com

Vistitle YouTube Channel

Comment

Thanks Jerry. Problem solved. I had it connected to the input HDMI instead of the output one...

Comment

After a couple of hours with the Intensity Pro 4K, I can say that I'm planning to return it: is terribly loud and it is not possible to deactivate when I am out of Edius. I am searching for a simple card like the HDSpark, but with 4K support. Do you know another alternative for the same prize as the Intensity? It's just for having video and audio output with left and right RCA. It's a pity that Grass Valley doesn't update HDSpark

Comment

Working...
                          X