Playback issue using VST plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Playback issue using VST plugin

I've got a couple of Izotope Elements plugins on the voice track for my project: RX Voice-DeNoise and Ozone Elements using only the Maximizer function. DeNoise works fine on it's own. By itself, Ozone freezes on playback for about 10 seconds. When both plugins are enabled, and then toggling them on and off in the information window... the playback also freezes for about 10 seconds, then resumes.

There are probably some settings with the plugin that I can adjust that might help, but I'm also wondering if there is a way (settings to change in Edius?) to optimize Edius in order to minimize or eliminate the pausing when using plugins.

Thanks.
    Mobile setup: Edius X - Laptop running i7-10875H CPU @ 2.30GHz 2.30 GHz (8 cores/16 threads) with 64GB RAM and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Super with Max-Q Design w/8GB VRAM.
    Desktop: Edius X - AMD 5950x installed in Asus ProArt Creator B550. 64GB Ram and a cheap GPU w/1GB VRAM until I can get my hands on a 3080. Running Windows 10 Pro

Which system is having the issue? Is this in HD or UHD? What is your frame rate and bit depth?
    You can always drop the resolution to 1/2 to improve playback for audio testing.
    Jerry
    Six Gill DV
    www.sgdvtutorials.com
    If you own the Tutorials and you need help, PM me.

Vistitle YouTube Channel
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMVlxC8Am4qFbkXJRoPAnMQ/videos

Windows 10 Pro up to v.1803 Tweaks for Edius Users
    http://sgdvtutorials.com/WIN%2010%20...%20V.2.0.0.pdf

Main System:: Azrock Z97 Extreme 6, [email protected], 32gb ram, NZXT Z63, Win10 Pro 64, Samsung 850 pro, E7.5/8.5/E9 on separate SSD drives, 2TB Sabrent M.2 NVME, BM MINI MONITOR 4K, 12tb RAID 0 on backplane ,2 BD, Dual LG 27GK65S-B 144Hz monitors, GTX 1080ti SC Black.
    Second System: EditHD Ultimax-i7, X58, [email protected], Corsair H80, Win764, 24gb ram, Storm 3g, Samsung 840 Pro 256, 4tb and 6tb RAID 0 on backplane, GTX 980ti Classified, Edius 9, Apple 30", Samsung 24", dual BD.

Comment

Mobile setup is the one with the issue. It's an HD project at 29.97p/8 bit/2 channel. I'll try the resolution drop and see what happens. Thanks.
      Mobile setup: Edius X - Laptop running i7-10875H CPU @ 2.30GHz 2.30 GHz (8 cores/16 threads) with 64GB RAM and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Super with Max-Q Design w/8GB VRAM.
      Desktop: Edius X - AMD 5950x installed in Asus ProArt Creator B550. 64GB Ram and a cheap GPU w/1GB VRAM until I can get my hands on a 3080. Running Windows 10 Pro

Comment

Hmmm. Changing the playback resolution really didn't make a difference.

Comment

I have seen this happen when audio is not PCM WAVE 48k but some other formats like AAC LC or mp3
          Anton Strauss
          Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

It's 48k/24bit wav. I'm guessing that the plugin needs the time to do it's thing since changing the playback resolution didn't make a difference.

Comment

Will it play jwith ust one of the filters active?
              Try doing a Shift+spacebar buffer prefil to see if it will play.
              Also, how much ram is in the system and what is you buffer set at?
              Jerry
              Six Gill DV
              www.sgdvtutorials.com

Vistitle YouTube Channel

Main System:: Azrock Z97 Extreme 6, [email protected], 32gb ram, NZXT Z63, Win10 Pro 64, Samsung 850 pro, E7.5/8.5/E9 on separate SSD drives, 2TB Sabrent M.2 NVME, BM MINI MONITOR 4K, 12tb RAID 0 on backplane ,2 BD, Dual LG 27GK65S-B 144Hz monitors, GTX 1080ti SC Black.
              Second System: EditHD Ultimax-i7, X58, [email protected], Corsair H80, Win764, 24gb ram, Storm 3g, Samsung 840 Pro 256, 4tb and 6tb RAID 0 on backplane, GTX 980ti Classified, Edius 9, Apple 30", Samsung 24", dual BD.

Comment

Yes, it will play with RX DeNoise active. Laptop has 64GB RAM. The Shift/Spacebar gave much better results. Not 100% but most of the time. Thanks for mentioning that. Didn't know about it. As far as buffers - Normal mode is 256/257 at full HD resolution. Just for kicks I tried it in Multicam mode. Buffer is pretty much 5/5

Comment

Which denoise filter are you using?
                  Steve

Get the Latest version of EDIUS:
                  EDIUS Download (grassvalley.com)

Please don't send me Private Messages for support. Contact Grass Valley support

Comment

Originally posted by GrassValley_SL View Post
                    Which denoise filter are you using?
                    I'm using the Izotope RX8 DeNoise plugin

Comment

Yes but which one? You have a few.
                      Izotope.PNG

I want to investigate but I need exact details.
                      Last edited by GrassValley_SL; 09-10-2021, 06:51 PM.
                      Steve

Comment

RX 8 Voice De-noise. That plug seems to work fine. It's the Izotope Ozone Elements plug that seems to hang things up. Does this whether or not Voice De-noise is active.

Comment

Thank for confirming. I will test.
                          Steve

Comment

I just tested this scenario on a clip with RX-7 Voice De-noise(I don't have RX8) and Maximizer from Izotope 8 elements.
                            I tried other Elements presets as well.
                            Playback is at full buffer. I'm running a 4790k at 4.6GHz.

I saw that your i7-10875H turbo mode can hit 5.1 GHz. Using benchmark comparisons found on the web, your chip should be faster than
                            my 4790k. It must be your subsystems.

Is the audio/video file running on a USB drive by chance?
                            I'm using a 2tb PCI-E 3.0 NVME for my editing drive. All project files are stored and have been transferred to the selected project folder.
                            This gives me the best throughput.

Look at your subsytems.
                            Jerry
                            Six Gill DV
                            www.sgdvtutorials.com

Vistitle YouTube Channel

Comment

Working...
                            X