Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Blue not working well in UHD 50p projects

Hello

Sadly New Blue is not very usable in UHD 50p.

Test PC Dual 18 Core (72 threads) Xeon 2.3GHz, 3.6GHz turbo (all cores in turbo 2.8GHz) 64GB RAM NVIDIA GTX 1080TI watercooled GPU

Titler 7 works ok in HD with real time playback with resolution at 1/2 but it cannot play in UHD and the resolution reduction does nothing to help.

(This is the Titler clip on its own with no other video to play at the same time).

NB support recognise that this is a problem for them to solve and the CPU activity is below 30% when trying to play with one random core occasionally peaking 100%.

Multithreading not working? (On my older systems with Edius 8.53 NB other plugins were better behaved on those as they were dual 4 core 3.6GHz Xeons without multithreading).

BUG (accepted by NB) if the V button top left of the timeline is off (the last activity might have been to drag audio only over to the timeline) the other titlers will not launch. NB Titler 7 will launch but locks the timeline and the titler GUI is nowhere to be seen. Only option is to crash out of the Edius app.

I then turn to the OFX bridge.

With my OFX list below it takes the bridge 1.5 minutes to assess which OFX plugins it likes and which ones it will reject, and it does this once per Edius session. The next time the bridge is accessed in the same edit session it opens instantly but does not show all the installed OFX plugins.

I must not click on anything at all during this check or Edius will crash.

Boris BCC OFX Bundle: working (But Chroma Keyer can crash Edius)
    Boris OFX 3D objects bundle: working
    Boris RED OFX bundle: rejected
    Ignite Core OFX bundle: rejected
    Ignite Pro OFX bundle: rejected
    Magic Bullet suite: working
    ProDAD Vitascene 4: working
    Digital Anarchy: working
    Sapphire OFX bundle: rejected

All my above OFX plugins work just fine in DaVinci Resolve as a comparative test which then says to me it is a bridge issue not an OFX installation issue.

NB OFX bridge 2 at version 3.0.210609

If an OFX effect has been added to a clip in a project Edius takes a long time to load the project and it will prompt the crash reporter "taking too long" (probably because it kicks off the OFX checker in the background)

If the plugins are all OFX compatible they should all work in the bridge, not just some of them, and as Resolve is happy they are all compatible, the bridge needs to be fixed.

Rating 3/10 not a good experience for me in 4k/UHD as it currently stands.

Edius.net support recommend any examples of problems with NB should be sent to NB support as it is NB who need to fix the issues and the more people that do that NB will be pressured to fix it. I have done that myself.

Regards

Mike

Last edited by createmedia; 08-17-2021, 11:37 AM. Reason: Additional sentence to add
    Sys4: Z10PE-D16WS MB 2xE5-2696 Xeon 72 active logical cores. EWG9. 64G RAM. Aorus GTX1080Ti. 55" Q7 1500 NIT HDR 4K TV/Storm 3G Elite/Decklink 4K 12G/8CH audio monitoring, Yamaha RXA-870 A/V. Sys1-3 EWG8 + RX-E1+HDBX1000 MIP in HP xw8600 2 x X5492 CPU 8 cores, 8Gig RAM, Quadro FX3800. All sys Fibre to central media pool - 5TB Axus Yotta RAID + QLogic Fibre Switch. Central VCR rack plus YUV & audio to viewing room with Yamaha AX1 7.1 100 watt per channel amp with 1000W sub 63" HD 3D Samsung TV

Mike:

1. There is a newer version of the Bridge-210216....I seriously doubt that it will help with playback.
    2. Continuum is not supported in Edius by Boris. Steve has labeled it as a 'use at your own risk' product.
    3. Why are you using the Ignite Pro OFX version? The last OFX version I used was in the 1.x series. There is a native interface for Edius.
    4. Sapphire is the only compatible OFX plugin in Edius X.
    5. Be sure to wait until the green circle around the play button is complete (this means fully rendered) prior to clicking the green check mark to return to Edius.
    6. How do Vistitle titles perform in the same situation?

I can get UHD 50p playback in Edius if I Shift+G render the NB title and set the resolution dropdown to Full 8bit (with HQX-1/2 with AVC).
    Also, if you are using H.264/265 files beneath the title, transcode these to HQX to improve performance.
    There is an issue with NB titles not retaining renders.

I'm running a 4790k at 4.6GHz with an overclocked 1080ti.
    Last edited by Jerry; 08-17-2021, 04:22 PM.
    Jerry
    Six Gill DV
    www.sgdvtutorials.com
    If you own the Tutorials and you need help, PM me.

Vistitle YouTube Channel
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMVlxC8Am4qFbkXJRoPAnMQ/videos

Windows 10 Pro up to v.1803 Tweaks for Edius Users
    http://sgdvtutorials.com/WIN%2010%20...%20V.2.0.0.pdf

Main System:: Azrock Z97 Extreme 6, [email protected], 32gb ram, NZXT Z63, Win10 Pro 64, Samsung 850 pro, E7.5/8.5/E9 on separate SSD drives, 2TB Sabrent M.2 NVME, BM MINI MONITOR 4K, 12tb RAID 0 on backplane ,2 BD, Dual LG 27GK65S-B 144Hz monitors, GTX 1080ti SC Black.
    Second System: EditHD Ultimax-i7, X58, [email protected], Corsair H80, Win764, 24gb ram, Storm 3g, Samsung 840 Pro 256, 4tb and 6tb RAID 0 on backplane, GTX 980ti Classified, Edius 9, Apple 30", Samsung 24", dual BD.

Comment

Hi Jerry

Vistitle works pretty well for me in UHD but I am mainly using it for subtitles. 2.95 is real time even over a chroma key on a XAVC 50p clip.

BCC works pretty well.

Ignite installed the OFX version, but it doesn't show.

Sapphire doesn't show but Resolve is happy with it so why doesn't Edius see it?

I updated Titler and Bridge last week directly in the NB App manager and that was the bridge version I got.

What I am having to do is have a shortcut on the desktop for OFX plugins and another folder for OFX removed plugins and remove the no show ones first as I can't cope with the 1.5 minutes check and reject cycle that I am getting now when first opening the bridge in Edius.

Mike
      Last edited by createmedia; 08-17-2021, 11:35 PM. Reason: adding clarity
      Sys4: Z10PE-D16WS MB 2xE5-2696 Xeon 72 active logical cores. EWG9. 64G RAM. Aorus GTX1080Ti. 55" Q7 1500 NIT HDR 4K TV/Storm 3G Elite/Decklink 4K 12G/8CH audio monitoring, Yamaha RXA-870 A/V. Sys1-3 EWG8 + RX-E1+HDBX1000 MIP in HP xw8600 2 x X5492 CPU 8 cores, 8Gig RAM, Quadro FX3800. All sys Fibre to central media pool - 5TB Axus Yotta RAID + QLogic Fibre Switch. Central VCR rack plus YUV & audio to viewing room with Yamaha AX1 7.1 100 watt per channel amp with 1000W sub 63" HD 3D Samsung TV

Comment

Just heard back from NB support.

Real time playback optimisation for NB plugins in Edius for 4K/UHD is not expected until 2022

Mike

Comment

Working...
        X