VisTitle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VisTitle

I am running Edius 7.53 on Windows 7 Pro along with VisTitle 7.29 no dongle. My problem is every time I shut down Edius I get a VisTitle error and I can't start Edius until I run task manager and end the Edius process. I have contacted VisDom and sent all of the info they asked for and they said they could not duplicate the problem. They said to install VisTitle 2.8 to see if the problem still exists. It does. So I reinstalled 2.9. All of these installs were clean. Any help appreciated.

what antivirus programs do you use

is the Vistitle folder and all 3 GV folders excluded from any such virus programs?
    Anton Strauss
    Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

• bobbyd
      bobbyd commented
      Editing a comment
      Norton 360. All of the folders you mentioned are blocked from Norton and I always turn Norton off when I edit. The problem still exists. Thank You for your help Anton.

Do you have NB Titler Pro installed on that same machine?

When you uninstall Vistitle, have you also removed all Vistitle related registry entries and Vexel under Program Data?

Did you clear the cache files?

There is also the possibility that Edius 7.53 may have an issue that causes the problem.

Jerry
    Six Gill DV
    www.sgdvtutorials.com
    If you own the Tutorials and you need help, PM me.

Vistitle YouTube Channel
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMVlxC8Am4qFbkXJRoPAnMQ/videos

Windows 10 Pro up to v.1803 Tweaks for Edius Users
    http://sgdvtutorials.com/WIN%2010%20...%20V.2.0.0.pdf

Main System:: Azrock Z97 Extreme 6, [email protected], 32gb ram, NZXT Z63, Win10 Pro 64, Samsung 850 pro, E7.5/8.5/E9 on separate SSD drives, 2TB Sabrent M.2 NVME, BM MINI MONITOR 4K, 12tb RAID 0 on backplane ,2 BD, Dual LG 27GK65S-B 144Hz monitors, GTX 1080ti SC Black.
    Second System: EditHD Ultimax-i7, X58, [email protected], Corsair H80, Win764, 24gb ram, Storm 3g, Samsung 840 Pro 256, 4tb and 6tb RAID 0 on backplane, GTX 980ti Classified, Edius 9, Apple 30", Samsung 24", dual BD.

Comment

I removed everything. Cleaned the registry, cleaned the cache and I do not use NB Titler Pro but use other NB products. Thank You for your help.

Comment

Did that solve your problem?
        Jerry
        Six Gill DV
        www.sgdvtutorials.com
        If you own the Tutorials and you need help, PM me.

Vistitle YouTube Channel
        https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMVlxC8Am4qFbkXJRoPAnMQ/videos

Windows 10 Pro up to v.1803 Tweaks for Edius Users
        http://sgdvtutorials.com/WIN%2010%20...%20V.2.0.0.pdf

Main System:: Azrock Z97 Extreme 6, [email protected], 32gb ram, NZXT Z63, Win10 Pro 64, Samsung 850 pro, E7.5/8.5/E9 on separate SSD drives, 2TB Sabrent M.2 NVME, BM MINI MONITOR 4K, 12tb RAID 0 on backplane ,2 BD, Dual LG 27GK65S-B 144Hz monitors, GTX 1080ti SC Black.
        Second System: EditHD Ultimax-i7, X58, [email protected], Corsair H80, Win764, 24gb ram, Storm 3g, Samsung 840 Pro 256, 4tb and 6tb RAID 0 on backplane, GTX 980ti Classified, Edius 9, Apple 30", Samsung 24", dual BD.

Comment

No it did not. VisDOM said they could not duplicate the error. Not a big deal jut annoying. Thanks for your input.

Comment

I am willing to bet if you uninstall Norton, the issue will be gone
            Anton Strauss

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

I will try that tomorrow and let you know the results. Thanks Anton.

Comment

Anton I uninstalled Norton, VisTitle and all of the third party plugins. Cleaned the registry with Windows 7 manager and cleaned it manually. Cleaned the cache. Reinstalled VisTitle, same error. Uninstalled VisTitle again, loaded Edius shut it down same problem but without any error. I still had to load task manager and end the Edius process. I beginning to think this is an Edius problem. Maybe I should reinstall Edius. Kind of afraid to because it runs so well.

Comment

there is nothing to be afraid of when uninstalling/reinstalling EDIUS

simply uninstall and do not deactivate when asked

no need to clean registry, this often breaks things

empty appdata/local/Temp

install the latest version 7.53
                  Anton Strauss

Comment

Did that but the problem remains. Something is causing Edius not to unload. I will keep playing with it. Thank you again for your help.

Comment

maybe EDIUS7 needs an earlier version of Vistitle? I never tried the current version for Win10 in Win7
                      Anton Strauss

Comment

VisDOM said to try that and I did but the problem was still there.

Comment

is there anything preventing you from installing Win10?
                          Anton Strauss

Comment

• bobbyd
                            bobbyd commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Only afraid Edius 7.53 will not work. The dll file that is causing the error is "VxWinUtils.dll"
                            Last edited by bobbyd; 08-19-2021, 04:51 AM.

Originally posted by antonsvideo View Post
                          maybe EDIUS7 needs an earlier version of Vistitle? I never tried the current version for Win10 in Win7
                          I am running Win 7sp1, VisTitle 2.9.5.6 and Edius 9.55.7761. I don't have any hanging issues, so I doubt it is the Win7/Vistitle combo specifically, but it could be Edius 7 or even some other bit of software or driver. Perhaps Intel GPU driver? Edius is pretty picky about that one.
                          Edius WG 9.55.7761, various 3rd party plugins, VisTitle 2.9.5.6, Win 7 Ultimate SP1, i7-4790K @ 4GHz with HD4600 GPU embedded, MSI Z97 Gaming 7 Motherboard, 32GB Kingston HyperX RAM, nVidia GTX680 4GB GPU, Matrox MX02 Mini MAX, Corsair 750W PSU, Corsair H110i GT Water Cooler, Corsair C70 case, 8TB Internal RAID 0/stripe (2x4TB Seagate SATAIII HDD's, Win7 Software stripe), 1TB Crucial MX500 SSD, Pioneer BDR-207D, Dual 1920x1080 monitors (one on GTX680 and one on Intel HD4600).

Comment

• bobbyd
                            bobbyd commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Quicktime was causing the problem.
                        Working...
                        X