No announcement yet.

OFX Bridge 2 bug in the 23.98 project?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OFX Bridge 2 bug in the 23.98 project?

Hi,

I noticed strange OFX Bridge 2 behavior, which in some cases stops my work completely.

I work on projects with 2 types of frame rate: 29.97 and 23.98. If I use FilmConvert plugin in 29.97 project, everything works well if I do render In/Out (render loaded area) or print to file. However, if I use FilmConvert in 23.98 project, I run into an insurmountable bug. To begin with, render In/Out (render loaded area) does nothing (I'm still playing loaded area slowly). Most importantly, when I try to print to file, I get a gray frame instead of my video clip. Magic Bullet Looks works great in both types of projects, however FilmConvert or Magic Bullet Film does not work completely on project 23.98 (Magic Bullet Film just "turns off").

My disposal:

Edius X 10.20.7490
    OFX Bridge 2 3.0.210216
    FilmConvert 2.20

Maybe related to this?
    https://forum.grassvalley.com/forum/...301#post564301
    Anton Strauss
    Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro 21H2

Comment

Originally posted by ngrin View Post
      Hi,

I noticed strange OFX Bridge 2 behavior, which in some cases stops my work completely.

I work on projects with 2 types of frame rate: 29.97 and 23.98. If I use FilmConvert plugin in 29.97 project, everything works well if I do render In/Out (render loaded area) or print to file. However, if I use FilmConvert in 23.98 project, I run into an insurmountable bug. To begin with, render In/Out (render loaded area) does nothing (I'm still playing loaded area slowly). Most importantly, when I try to print to file, I get a gray frame instead of my video clip. Magic Bullet Looks works great in both types of projects, however FilmConvert or Magic Bullet Film does not work completely on project 23.98 (Magic Bullet Film just "turns off").

My disposal:

Edius X 10.20.7490
      OFX Bridge 2 3.0.210216
      FilmConvert 2.20
      I just tried with Fim convert Nitrate and it seems to work correct in EDIUS X.
      Both the rendering and export.
      Nitrate 23.98_GUI.png Nitrate 23.98.png

Steve

Get Support or the Latest version of EDIUS:
      EDIUS support and Downloads

Comment

Originally posted by GrassValley_SL View Post

I just downloaded and installed the latest available (trial) filmconvert version 3.04. Now the frame just turns black after applying the effect.

1.png 2.png
        Attached Files

Comment

Could this be hardware problem? Let me remind you that I have problems with any film emulation effect, be it Film from Red Giant or FilmConvert.

Comment

Currently the only ofx plug which is compatible with EDIUS x trough the NB OFX bridge 2 is Sapphire.

Looks is incompatible.

Steve

Comment

I forgot to add that your black frame issue is a known issue. If you set the preview to 1/2 res you will get a blackv-frame in the preview. If you set the preview to full all is well. This one of the reasons we have not listed this as compatible unfortunately.
              Steve

Comment

Originally posted by GrassValley_SL View Post

So do I understand correctly that the FilmConvert plugin is not officially compatible, but it works for you correctly?

Comment

Originally posted by ngrin View Post

So do I understand correctly that the FilmConvert plugin is not officially compatible, but it works for you correctly?
                  It works correctly when Preview is set to full (with some incidental issues) but this is not an official endorsement. It is more a use at your own risk issue.

I have only used it with the GH5 camera pack.
                  Steve

Comment

Working...
                  X