New Blue Titler 7 Not Rendering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Anton -

Thanks for your help. Looks like below (the files are actually in six sub-directories. I used a file manager to make the screen capture below, which makes them appear like they are all in one shared directory).

The "Titler" subdirectory contains the file named "EdiusXHostDC" listed below.

Titler GPU Usage 7.PNG

Comment

that looks fine, except I don't use OFX Bridge

can you make sure EDIUS is closed and then delete both OFX entries and try the tilter again

if no improvement, restore the OFX plugins
      Anton Strauss
      Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

Originally posted by SeanW View Post
        I created the simplest possible timeline in 1080p60, and put the title sequence on a dedicated "T" track. Same story.

This is not a "me" problem, this is a "them" problem. Their stuff doesn't work.

Titler GPU Usage 4.PNG

Do me a favor and start a new 1920x1080 29.97p 8bit project. Place just a title on the timeline and let it render within the TP7 interface before returning to Edius.
        Does this play easier?
        You can also use the preview resolution dropdown to help in playback.
        Instead of using Shift+G on the title, let it render normally through the TP7 interface. You can try either a Shift+G or a Shift+Q on the video clip to render it instead of the title.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Jerry; 02-21-2021, 05:20 PM.
        Jerry
        Six Gill DV
        www.sgdvtutorials.com
        If you own the Tutorials and you need help, PM me.

Vistitle YouTube Channel
        https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMVlxC8Am4qFbkXJRoPAnMQ/videos

Windows 10 Pro up to v.1803 Tweaks for Edius Users
        http://sgdvtutorials.com/WIN%2010%20...%20V.2.0.0.pdf

Main System:: Azrock Z97 Extreme 6, [email protected], 32gb ram, Corsair H110, Win10 Pro 64, Samsung 850 pro, E7.5/8.5/E9 on separate SSD drives, HD Spark, Intensity Shuttle, 12tb RAID 0 on backplane ,2 BD, Benq 27 and Hanns-G 28 monitors, CC 2019, GTX 1080ti SC Black.
        Second System: EditHD Ultimax-i7, X58, [email protected], Corsair H80, Win764, 24gb ram, Storm 3g, Samsung 840 Pro 256, 4tb and 6tb RAID 0 on backplane, GTX 980ti Classified, Edius 9, Apple 30", Samsung 24", dual BD.

Comment

I have tested by dropping resolution as low as 1/4 in a 1080 59.94p project and the buffer drops to 1 and then it stutters, even though the title is fully rendered inside the titler. Something not right for sure. It appears as if the EDIUS resolution dropdown bypasses Newblue titler

Anton-01108.png Anton-01107.png
          Anton Strauss

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

You don't need to replace any graphics card!I use AMD RX5700 and gtx1050 rtx3080.Gpu,I have fed back this fault for some time, but it still hasn't been solved,The possibility of using English is much less, but once use Chinese subtitles are restarted EDIUS ,is basically offline,This software is not reliable!

Comment

Originally posted by antonsvideo View Post
              I have tested by dropping resolution as low as 1/4 in a 1080 59.94p project and the buffer drops to 1 and then it stutters, even though the title is fully rendered inside the titler. Something not right for sure. It appears as if the EDIUS resolution dropdown bypasses Newblue titler

Anton-01108.png Anton-01107.png
              Anton, I get real time 1080 59.94 10bit playback with NB Titles.
              the difference in my project settings is that I don't have Lanczos 3 selected. I also have my ram buffer setting at 8GB.
              Last edited by Jerry; 02-23-2021, 01:07 AM.
              Jerry
              Six Gill DV
              www.sgdvtutorials.com

Vistitle YouTube Channel

Main System:: Azrock Z97 Extreme 6, [email protected], 32gb ram, Corsair H110, Win10 Pro 64, Samsung 850 pro, E7.5/8.5/E9 on separate SSD drives, HD Spark, Intensity Shuttle, 12tb RAID 0 on backplane ,2 BD, Benq 27 and Hanns-G 28 monitors, CC 2019, GTX 1080ti SC Black.
              Second System: EditHD Ultimax-i7, X58, [email protected], Corsair H80, Win764, 24gb ram, Storm 3g, Samsung 840 Pro 256, 4tb and 6tb RAID 0 on backplane, GTX 980ti Classified, Edius 9, Apple 30", Samsung 24", dual BD.

Comment

I get realtime on my main PC, I was testing this on my Office PC i7-4770 but it should be realtime since I render the title inside the titler. So what would be the point to render inside the titler?
                Anton Strauss

Comment

But, the main issue is also that the EDIUS resolution drop down does not help at all when it comes to Newblue Titler, not even at 1/16
                  Anton Strauss

Comment

I have been working some more to try and figure this out. I have not found any solution yet. However, we can see from the screenshots below that EDIUS natively uses the NVidia CUDA drivers for rendering, whereas New Blue uses OpenGL for rendering. Those are very different beasts. EDIUS and NewBlue are using two completley different techniques to access the GPU.

NVidia_DLL_ScreenCapt_10.PNG

NVidia_DLL_ScreenCapt_11.PNG

Comment

Related: Typically, the main reason a developer would choose to use Open GL instead of Direct X is if they wanted their code to work on both Windows and Mac. Open GL is roughly the same as "java" in the sense that it kinda sorta works OK, but not really, but it does run on both Mac and Windows.

Notably, NewBlue Titler package is offered on both Windows and Mac.

So, there you go. They want to have their cake and eat it too.

Comment

If anybody from Grass Valley & New Blue is reading this.....

If you can't make Titler playback smooth because of some sort of Open GL issue or whatever, then **AT LEAST** fix the bug that "unrenders" title sequences that have already been rendered manually.

Really, if I have to hit Shift + G every time I close the New Blue Titler window, I don't think that' s a big deal. Especially since most title sequences are short. I really don't think that's a problem.

But unrendering title sequences that have previously been manually rendered is just completely and totally intolerable. Cancelling out work that somebody has already completed is the worst possible kind of bug.

Anyway....that's my opinion, and I'm sticking to it...

Comment

I can confirm your Shift+G failure on NB Titles after Edius X restart. This does not happen in Edius 9.54. I can't compare Apples to Apples with this. Edius X uses TP7 and Edius 9.54 uses TP5.

As a work around, select the area (in and out markers) that your title, or titles are in, and then do a Shift+Q. After that, right click on the render in the Job Monitor and select add to bin.
                          Then place this clip above the previous clips that were between the in and out points. All should play in real time.
                          Last edited by Jerry; 03-02-2021, 05:47 PM.
                          Jerry
                          Six Gill DV
                          www.sgdvtutorials.com

Vistitle YouTube Channel

Comment

Thank you Jerry!! I was starting to think it was just me.

I appreciate the workaround. I had not thought about that as a possibility.

Comment

if you render with Shift+Q it will be automatically added to empty track above between in and out. Are you saying that such a render also breaks?

by default, Shift+Q is not assigned in keyboard shortcuts

Anton-01131.png
                              Anton Strauss

Comment

Working...
                              X