Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Blue Titler 7 Not Rendering

Hi All,

I am just starting to figure out the NewBlue Titler 7 package for EDIUS 10.

I'm running into a couple of issues:

(1) The help file links to the NewBlue web page are invalid. So basically there is no help file or user manual available.

(2) When I close out of Titler 7 to go back into EDIUS, the title sequence does NOT render like shown in Jerry's video. In fact, the title sequence never renders until I do a "Print to File" for the entire project. I can try to manually render the title on the EDIUS timeline, it appears to work and turn green, but then suddenly becomes "unrendered" when I attempt play back.

(3) Title sequence playback is really stuttered. I have a pretty fast Intel Xeon machine with a modern NVidia P2200 GPU. But playback at 1080p60 is not even close to real-time. Is there any way to know if Titler 7 is actually using my NVidia GPU to render?

Again....ahem.....a help file or user manual would be extremely useful for a novice like me :)

Are you allowing the green circle that goes around the play button to complete before pressing the green check mark to return to Edius?
    Jerry
    Six Gill DV
    www.sgdvtutorials.com
    If you own the Tutorials and you need help, PM me.

Vistitle YouTube Channel
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMVlxC8Am4qFbkXJRoPAnMQ/videos

Windows 10 Pro up to v.1803 Tweaks for Edius Users
    http://sgdvtutorials.com/WIN%2010%20...%20V.2.0.0.pdf

Main System:: Azrock Z97 Extreme 6, [email protected], 32gb ram, NZXT Z63, Win10 Pro 64, Samsung 850 pro, E7.5/8.5/E9 on separate SSD drives, 2TB Sabrent M.2 NVME, BM MINI MONITOR 4K, 12tb RAID 0 on backplane ,2 BD, Dual LG 27GK65S-B 144Hz monitors, GTX 1080ti SC Black.
    Second System: EditHD Ultimax-i7, X58, [email protected], Corsair H80, Win764, 24gb ram, Storm 3g, Samsung 840 Pro 256, 4tb and 6tb RAID 0 on backplane, GTX 980ti Classified, Edius 9, Apple 30", Samsung 24", dual BD.

Comment

Yes, the green circle is complete before I close the window.

In your video example for Edius 9, a dialog pops up indicating that the title sequence is rendering before the Titler window closes. I just don't see that dialog at all/ever.

I did figure out that if you include the same title sequence on your EDIUS timeline twice, then the Shift + G rendering doesn't work correctly. It seems to work fine as long as you only have the title sequence in one place on your timeline. So at least I got that part figured out.

Comment

What are your system specs, project settings, and can you post screen shots of the settings in TP7.
        Also, which version of TP7 are you using?
        Jerry
        Six Gill DV
        www.sgdvtutorials.com

Vistitle YouTube Channel

Main System:: Azrock Z97 Extreme 6, [email protected], 32gb ram, NZXT Z63, Win10 Pro 64, Samsung 850 pro, E7.5/8.5/E9 on separate SSD drives, 2TB Sabrent M.2 NVME, BM MINI MONITOR 4K, 12tb RAID 0 on backplane ,2 BD, Dual LG 27GK65S-B 144Hz monitors, GTX 1080ti SC Black.
        Second System: EditHD Ultimax-i7, X58, [email protected], Corsair H80, Win764, 24gb ram, Storm 3g, Samsung 840 Pro 256, 4tb and 6tb RAID 0 on backplane, GTX 980ti Classified, Edius 9, Apple 30", Samsung 24", dual BD.

Comment

Hi Jerry -

I noticed something else today. Every time I open and close Title Designer, all of the other titles on the EDIUS timeline which were previously rendered manually via Shift+G will suddenly become "unrendered". Even the titles that I was not attempting to edit, and were not selected, will suddenly become unrendered. So that's more than a little frustrating, too... Am I really the only person with these issues?

Here is my setup:

EDIUS 10.10.7056 (latest)
          NewBlue Titler Pro for EDIUS 7.3.201014 (latest)
          HPZ640 Workstation, 48GB RAM, NVIDIA P2200, Intel Xeon 16-core, 8TB HDD, Win 10 64 latest patches
          Project Settings: See screenshot below / 4 Video tracks, 4 Audio tracks

The issue occurs even with the sample title animations provided by NewBlue. All I did in the example below was change a few lines of text. I don't see a whole lot "settings" in Title Designer other than "preview and render quality", which are both set to "Good" quality. Maybe I'm missing a settings menu somewhere else?

Project Settings.PNG

Title Designer Screenshot.PNG

Comment

The GPU is underpowered and NB uses the CUDA cores and GPU speed.

Your CPU speeds may be slower than needed as well.
            Jerry
            Six Gill DV
            www.sgdvtutorials.com

Vistitle YouTube Channel

Comment

Are you sure? The GPU is a $450 NVidia card with 1280 CUDA Cores and 5GB RAM.

That doesn't really explain why previously rendered clips suddenly become unrendered either. The software just doesn't work the way the previous version was shown in your demo video.

Comment

I would look at the RTX-3070 as a minimum, it has nearly 6000 Cuda Cores

Anton-01087.png
                Anton Strauss
                Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

Originally posted by SeanW View Post
                  Are you sure? The GPU is a $450 NVidia card with 1280 CUDA Cores and 5GB RAM.

That doesn't really explain why previously rendered clips suddenly become unrendered either. The software just doesn't work the way the previous version was shown in your demo video.
                  I also have a 1080ti with 3584 CUDA cores running at over 1600MHz with 11GB of vram and my CPU is running at 4.6GHZ across 4 cores and 4 threads.

Jerry
                  Six Gill DV
                  www.sgdvtutorials.com

Vistitle YouTube Channel

Comment

OK, that's good advice guys. I'll look at video cards. Still.....once a title is rendered, it should stay rendered. Certainly every title on the timeline should not spontaneously unrender itself every time you open the Titling App.

Comment

do you have the title in a V track or T track?

recent reports indicate that a T track can give better realtime performance
                      Last edited by antonsvideo; 02-17-2021, 06:27 AM.
                      Anton Strauss

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

Definitely a "V" track. I will experiment with a "T" track and report results here. Thanks for the lead!

Comment

Guys -

There is no way NewBlue is even using my NVidia GPU. GPU usage actually goes DOWN when playback hits the title sequence. As you can see, there is tons of headroom on both the GPU and CPU during the title sequence.

I'll try a "T" track next and see what happens.

Titler GPU Usage.PNG

Titler GPU Usage 2.PNG
                          Attached Files

Comment

I created the simplest possible timeline in 1080p60, and put the title sequence on a dedicated "T" track. Same story.

This is not a "me" problem, this is a "them" problem. Their stuff doesn't work.

Titler GPU Usage 4.PNG

Comment

hmm? It plays here with instant full buffer even if started in the middle of an animated title (I normally don't use this titler but am using it to test your issue)

can I see the content of the NewBlue Effects folder that is in the Plugins folder
                              Anton Strauss

Comment

Working...
                              X