Affinity Photo, Designer and Publisher software

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Affinity Photo, Designer and Publisher software

Version 1.9 just released with new features and improvements, Inexpensive and currently with 50% off and a 90 day trial, a mountain of tutorials and a great Forum. I was introduced to the first Affinity Photo public beta on this forum and have been a fan ever since. What is there not to like about Affinity...other than it's not Adobe?
    https://affinity.serif.com/

I totally agree that it is a nice suite for a great price.
    I bought it beginning of last year, when I completely dropped adobe, and have been using it almost daily, I even purchased designer and Publisher also as it's at a price you can't go wrong.
    The graphics import painless into Edius and it works just great.
    The forum is useful and many great free tutorials to be found.
    Tony D.

EDIUS WG 9.54 / MATROX MXO2 LE / WIN10 Pro WS / LENOVO P71 Workstation laptop / XEON E3-1535M v6 / nVidia QUADRO P3000 6GB / Toshiba M.2 NVMe 512GB / 2x Samsung 860 EVO 4TB / 32GB ECC RAM.
    EDIUS WG 8.53 / HDRX-E1 + HDBX-1000H / WIN10 Pro / DUAL XEON X5470 / SUPERMICRO X7DWA-N / SUPERMICRO SUPERCHASIS SC745TQ-920B / INTEL 520 SSD 240GB / WD CAVIAR BLACK 4TB (many) / 32GB ECC RAM / GTX 770 4GB / 2x MOTU 896HD.
    wavearts / neatvideo / tmpgenc / hitfilm / imaginate / affinity

Comment

Originally posted by DigitalDave View Post
      Version 1.9 just released with new features and improvements, Inexpensive and currently with 50% off and a 90 day trial, a mountain of tutorials and a great Forum. I was introduced to the first Affinity Photo public beta on this forum and have been a fan ever since. What is there not to like about Affinity...other than it's not Adobe?
      https://affinity.serif.com/
      Great shout Dave, thanks.

I’ve been looking for something ‘photoshop-like’ that can do basic editing of rastered PSD layers and add vectored text. Plus something for making simple thumbnails. Photoshop is total overkill for many things and is far too expensive unless you’re making full use and money out of it. Photo looks great and dead cheap.

Cheers,
      Dave.
      Checkout my Edius video at www.Edius.co.uk

"There's only one thing more powerful than knowledge. The free sharing of it"

If you don't know the difference between Azimuth and Asimov, then either your tapes sound bad and your Robot is very dangerous. Kill all humans...... Or your tape deck won't harm a human, and your Robot's tracking and stereo imagining is spot on.

Is your Robot three laws safe?

Comment

I have been using it for sometime. I used to us "content aware fill" a lot in photoshop to make plates for replacing things in video and Affinity has "inpaint" which is the same thing. Photoshop's version may work slighty better, but Affinity if £50 notmally - £23.99 now - and you never have to pay again. Thoroughly recommended.
        EDIUS silver certified trainer.
        Main edit laptop: DVC Kaby Lake desktop processor laptop, 32GB RAM, 3.5Ghz i5 desktop processor, nVidia 1060, Windows 10.
        Desktop: 4Ghz 9900K processor, 32GB RAM, nVidia 1660TI GPU, Windows 10.
        Desktop: 2Ghz 12 core Xeon processor, 32GB RAM, nVidia 1060, BM Intensity Pro, Windows 10

Comment

There is a caveat re PSD as once exported to PSD text is not editable BUT saving to the native Affinity format as well will not only allow any rediting but the whole history is saved too. Publisher is another great tool for DTP. I don't think I'm the only one that would like to see Edius recognise the Affinity photo native format.

Comment

A great software program for photo editing that has a plug-in for Affinity is ON1 Photo Raw 2021. It is also inexpensive with great support. I use it a lot for photo editing. The resize module is the best I have found.
            Edius 8 Workgroup, Intel 3770K, Asus P8Z77-V Motherboard, 32GB DDR3 1600 ram, SSD for C, external Raid box with WE RE4 1TB drives Raid 0 for video assets. Overclocked 4.3ghz, Asus GTX 660 ti, water cooled system. Windows 10 Professional 64bit

Comment

Working...
            X