VisTitle well overdue for an update.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VisTitle well overdue for an update.

Maybe its just me, not doing so much production work in the last 10months but I find some aspects of VT really annoying.
    One example today. I have an animated title. Nothing Orgasmic... just an incremental build up of featured acts in a show. The EP that I am working with wants the length extended by 2 secs but all the keyframes then get dragged as well in proportion to the extra 2 secs. YES I can list workarounds and could or should had made it 5secs longer to start off with but in BLUFF as an example, there is an option to extend duration without screwing up what comes before. So simple but missing in VT. I cannot find a way of locking the Keyframes only the whole track. Mini Rant over!
    I do wonder if a new version will ever materialise.

I extend it in the mini editor and have not noticed any keyframe issues, see attached
    Attached Files
    Anton Strauss
    Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

I think if you look carefully at the keyframes, in my case i'm using XY scaling and light sweeps they are NOT in the same position after you extend the duration, even when using the mini editor. They get stretched along too. Well they do in the Northern Hemispere.
      The other annoying thing with incremental titles is if you pull one back to start a bit earlier, then you will be short at the end...and when you restretch, the keyframes move.
      In the past I have made more complex titles in multiple sections, sometimes built in a sequence. Fades and timings are so much easier on an Edius timeline, particularly with a fickle client who might need a few frames of a single line moved...and more often than not he is right!!

Comment

it depends which button you click first in the mini editor, watch my video again
        Anton Strauss

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

Originally posted by antonsvideo View Post
          it depends which button you click first in the mini editor, watch my video again
          In Mini Editor only the right hand button is active, which I believe was the one you used. If you then compare the 15sec screenshot of full editor and the 20sec screenshot of full editor you will see the keyframes have moved.

Attached Files

Comment

I clicked on the left one first, then the right one, this seems to lock keyframes. I have tried it several times and the keyframes stayed put, whereas if I only click the right one, the keyframes dynamically move according to the new duration
            Anton Strauss

Comment

Originally posted by antonsvideo View Post
              I clicked on the left one first, then the right one, this seems to lock keyframes. I have tried it several times and the keyframes stayed put, whereas if I only click the right one, the keyframes dynamically move according to the new duration
              My left one, was greyed out as per earlier screenshot.

Comment

I will try again tomorrow
                Anton Strauss

Comment

Working...
                X