Compatibility Edius X with NewTek

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Compatibility Edius X with NewTek

On behalf of the users of the NewTek TriCaster system, I am asking you, as a company lost the ability to edit their video files in the new version of Edius X. NewTek has created its own codec, which most NLE programs, like Edius, recognize as QuickTime. But it's not QuickTime.

NewTek is an American company known for its emission solutions in NDI technology.

We want Edius X to still be able to read files in this format without having to convert them to ProRes every time. We produce a lot of video using TriCaster and it is simply a waste of time to convert it.

We contacted NewTek to see if GrassValley and NewTek could collaborate and it is possible by implementing their SDK for developers in Edius. Some of the smaller companies decided to take that SDK and add it to their systems. Unfortunately they would be unable to add their own product to anyone else's software, so we suggest implementation with NDI to GrassValley. It would be much more efficient to be able to directly import files into Edius software, as it was in Edius 9.

Here is the link to NewTek's SDK libraries if you would like to implement: https://www.ndi.tv/sdk/#download.

We would be happy to see your work with them to bring a more proworkflow to life to NewTek users. Thank you.

Sorry for the late response do you have a sample clip for us?
    Steve

Please don't send me Private Messages for support. Contact Grass Valley support

Comment

We have confirmed the issue and listed it. Thanks for reporting this.
      Steve

Please don't send me Private Messages for support. Contact Grass Valley support

Comment

Working...
      X