More performances on W10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More performances on W10

I have just received this : https://www.01net.com/astuces/commen...0-1934827.html

What are you thinking about ? Any opinion is welcome

Thanks in advance
    Yvon durieux alias "Haddock" Belgium GMT + 2

Sorry for my poor english, I am french native speaking

Main System: Azus Z87 Pro, [email protected], 16gb ram, Nvidia GeForce GT 630, Windows 7 Pro 64, Samsung 840 pro, Edius 8.53.2808 WG and 9.40.4896 + NXexpress or HDspark, 2T separate video SSD.

once I finish learning French, I maybe able to tell you
    Anton Strauss
    Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS 9 WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

Chrome translated into English.

Comment

Originally posted by Haddock View Post
        I have just received this : https://www.01net.com/astuces/commen...0-1934827.html

What are you thinking about ? Any opinion is welcome

Thanks in advance
        Sorry, I forgot to paste the translation, here it is :

How to enable hidden "Best Performance" mode in Windows 10?
        06/17/2020 at 4:24 p.m.
        Geoffroy Ondet

Geoffroy
        Undet

Journalist

How to enable hidden "Best Performance" mode in Windows 10?

Windows 10 includes a hidden power mode, usually reserved for workstations, which can be activated for the Home and Pro versions. Here's how.

Depending on how you use your computer, you can configure Windows to use a power plan that will prioritize either performance or energy conservation.

Since Windows 10 version 1803, Microsoft has introduced a new power plan, Best Performance, intended primarily for workstations running Windows 10 Pro. To activate it, go to Windows Settings, then in the System menu, enter the Power and standby section.

At the bottom of the window, click Additional Power Settings. The Power Options window should then display an Ultimate Performance option that you just need to select to activate the mode.

But other machines running Windows 10 Home and Professional are by default, deprived of this power supply. If the option is present in the operating system, it is hidden but can still be activated with a few clicks to use it on any PC. Here's how.
        1. Open the command prompt as administrator

Click on the Start menu and search for Command Prompt. Right click on it and choose to run it as administrator.
        2. Enter the command

In the Command Prompt window that appears, enter the following command using a copy and paste and validate using the Enter key:

powercfg -duplicatescheme e9a42b02-d5df-448d-aa00-03f14749eb61

The Command Prompt should then confirm the activation of the power management mode graphical interface (GUID), thereby confirming the addition of the option in the dedicated power management panel.
        Also to discover in video:
        3. Activate the Ultimate Performance power plan

Click on the Start menu and enter Windows Settings. Access the System menu and go to the Power and standby section.

Scroll through the options and then, at the bottom of the page, click Additional Power Settings.

In the Power Options window that appears, choose to Show additional modes by clicking the arrow on the right.

Then select the Best performance mode to activate it on your computer. Used on ruggedly configured machines, this power mode will provide better performance in the most resource-intensive tasks.
        I hope this is enough (...without images) if not, I will create a pdf...

Main System: Azus Z87 Pro, [email protected], 16gb ram, Nvidia GeForce GT 630, Windows 7 Pro 64, Samsung 840 pro, Edius 8.53.2808 WG and 9.40.4896 + NXexpress or HDspark, 2T separate video SSD.

Comment

Ultimate settings sounds nice .....
          It's actually more or less the same what you can set your self to maximum or always on in the power plan settings.
          What we don't know is what (maybe) windows does in the background. ​
          Anyways, I'm using it since long and it doesn't have any negative effect if you have sufficient cooling.
          It doesn't consume that much more in idle, but helps with the heavy lifting.
          Tony D.

EDIUS WG 9.52 / MATROX MXO2 LE / WIN10 Pro WS / LENOVO P71 Workstation laptop / XEON E3-1535M v6 / nVidia QUADRO P3000 6GB / Toshiba M.2 NVMe 512GB / 2x Samsung 860 EVO 4TB / 32GB ECC RAM.

EDIUS WG 8.53 / HDRX-E1 + HDBX-1000H / WIN10 Pro / DUAL XEON X5470 / SUPERMICRO X7DWA-N / SUPERMICRO SUPERCHASIS SC745TQ-920B / INTEL 520 SSD 240GB / WD CAVIAR BLACK 4TB (many) / 32GB ECC RAM / GTX 770 4GB / 2x MOTU 896HD.

wavearts / neatvideo / tmpgenc / hitfilm / imaginate / affinity

Comment

personally I can't see any difference between high performance which I always use and ultimate, maybe there are hidden things as you say?
            Anton Strauss
            Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS 9 WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

Taskbarbar snippet.png I actually made a shortcut on my taskbar to toggle power settings in 2 clicks.
              When browsing web etc i use balanced settings with screen settings on less brightness and lower processor speed, so system is always silent.
              Tony D.

EDIUS WG 9.52 / MATROX MXO2 LE / WIN10 Pro WS / LENOVO P71 Workstation laptop / XEON E3-1535M v6 / nVidia QUADRO P3000 6GB / Toshiba M.2 NVMe 512GB / 2x Samsung 860 EVO 4TB / 32GB ECC RAM.

EDIUS WG 8.53 / HDRX-E1 + HDBX-1000H / WIN10 Pro / DUAL XEON X5470 / SUPERMICRO X7DWA-N / SUPERMICRO SUPERCHASIS SC745TQ-920B / INTEL 520 SSD 240GB / WD CAVIAR BLACK 4TB (many) / 32GB ECC RAM / GTX 770 4GB / 2x MOTU 896HD.

Comment

Thanks for these advices. So it is not a dangerous modification ... except care for may be heat-up

Comment

If your pc had always high performance setting and never overheated then your safe.
                  it's not gonna run any hotter :)
                  Tony D.

Comment

Working...
                  X