Izotope Ozone 9 & VST

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Izotope Ozone 9 & VST

Have just installed Izotope Ozone 9 Advanced and find Edius 8.53.3263 will not start up. It now freezes, coming up with "Not responding" error.
    Was able to get it going by using Task Manager to [End Task] EdiusVstHost and then Edius starts up immediately.

What I found was that before Ozone 9 was installed, in Edius System Settings [VST Plug-in Bridge] would be visible.
    However after installing Ozone 9 that setting option is removed altogether, no longer listed. (Remember that I see this after getting Edius going by disabling EdiusVstHost in Task Manager).

Can anyone offer any suggestions?
    btw I have had Ozone 8 for years without any problems.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by andris; 06-17-2020, 10:16 AM. Reason: Add picture

when was Ozone 9 released? You may need EDIUS 9 for Ozone 9?

be sure to install any VST as VST2 and not VST3

is there anything inside the VST folder inside Plugins, I usually keep that empty and point a path instead
    Anton Strauss
    Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS 9 WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

Looks like October 2019

Comment

Originally posted by andris View Post
        Looks like October 2019
        I edited my post with more
        Anton Strauss

EDIUS 9 WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

How do I set up a VST2 folder?
          Is there more to it than just creating a new VST2 folder in Program Files / Common Files /VST2 and copying the contents over from the existing VST3 folder and re-routing the Edius path?
          Attached is picture of current setting.
          Attached Files

Comment

I am currently re-installing Ozone and directing the plugins to my VST2 folder.
            See how I go.

Comment

Made no difference.
              When installing Ozone (custom install) it gives the option to download VST2 & VST3 plugins. I un-ticked VST3 and pointed VST2 to the folder I had created and which the path Edius Plugins Bridge is set to.

Thanks for your ideas. Wonder if anyone has Ozone 9 and has it working on any Edius version?
              Last edited by andris; 06-17-2020, 11:07 AM.

Comment

yes, disable VST3 and only tick VST2 during installation

then point to VST2 folder

I assume your profile got corrupted by this, so create a new profile and see if you can make a connection to the Ozone VST folder

if it does not work, switch back to your existing profile and wait for some answers from Ozone9 users
                Anton Strauss

Comment

Thanks Anton. Got it under control.
                  If the Edius 8 VST Plug-in Bridge points to a folder having Ozone 9 VSTs in it, Edius will not start up.
                  So I re-installed Ozone 9 directing the VSTs to a different folder, one not listed in the Edius Bridge list and now Edius starts up OK.
                  btw: Ozone 8 works fine in Edius 8.
                  Wonder of Ozone 9 works with Edius 9 or upcoming Edius X.
                  Last edited by andris; 06-18-2020, 04:48 AM.

Comment

Yes it does. This is 9 in 9 ;-)
                    Attached Files
                    Main System: i7 6950X OC to 4.5GHz, ASUS RAMPAGE V EDITION 10, Corsair Dominator Platinum 64GB DDR4 2800, SAMSUNG 950 PRO M.2 512GB , GeForce GTX 1080ti SC Black, Corsair AX1200i PS, Phanteks Luxe Case, 16TB RAID (4)HGST Deskstar NAS 4TB, Corsair H115i CPU Cooler, AJA Kona 4, BMD Intensity Pro 4K, Win 10

Comment

Here is the Path where I have the VST plugins. I have way too many to show.
                      Attached Files
                      Main System: i7 6950X OC to 4.5GHz, ASUS RAMPAGE V EDITION 10, Corsair Dominator Platinum 64GB DDR4 2800, SAMSUNG 950 PRO M.2 512GB , GeForce GTX 1080ti SC Black, Corsair AX1200i PS, Phanteks Luxe Case, 16TB RAID (4)HGST Deskstar NAS 4TB, Corsair H115i CPU Cooler, AJA Kona 4, BMD Intensity Pro 4K, Win 10

Comment

Working...
                      X