.ZOOM Files to MP4 for Edius

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• .ZOOM Files to MP4 for Edius

HEY you smartypants! Need some info and maybe someone here can help.
    We have a ZOOMITZVAH (yeah, it's a word now). I have all the zoom files from the host. This includes the .zoom files (2 files about 4G & 2G) and the zoom-compressed .mp4 file (1 file just under 9MB) as well as the audio files etc. As I am sure you are all in some way using zoom, you are familiar with the zoom-compressed .mp4 file as WAY poor quality, compressed to within an inch of its life, and squished to lower than SD standard. However, the raw .zoom files clearly have more info and potentially better quality.
    The question: HOW do I convert the .ZOOM files to HD video using an external better-compression method?

Please do not refer me to the "copy the files to a previously recorded zoom meeting" method within ZOOM, as it results in the same quality file (because it's again, using Zoom's compression method). Upscaling it does not work either (tried TOPAZ) - results in a wonky-looking video.

SO - all you smartypants techie people - ANY IDEAS??
    Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astaire did, but she did it backwards and in high heels.

Have you contacted Zoom and asked how to convert the raw files?
    Jerry
    Six Gill DV
    www.sgdvtutorials.com
    If you own the Tutorials and you need help, PM me.

Vistitle YouTube Channel
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMVlxC8Am4qFbkXJRoPAnMQ/videos

Windows 10 Pro up to v.1803 Tweaks for Edius Users
    http://sgdvtutorials.com/WIN%2010%20...%20V.2.0.0.pdf

Main System:: Azrock Z97 Extreme 6, [email protected], 32gb ram, Corsair H110, Win10 Pro 64, Samsung 850 pro, E7.5/8.5/E9 on separate SSD drives, HD Spark, Intensity Shuttle, 12tb RAID 0 on backplane ,2 BD, Benq 27 and Hanns-G 28 monitors, CC 2019, GTX 1080ti SC Black.
    Second System: EditHD Ultimax-i7, X58, [email protected], Corsair H80, Win764, 24gb ram, Storm 3g, Samsung 840 Pro 256, 4tb and 6tb RAID 0 on backplane, GTX 980ti Classified, Edius 9, Apple 30", Samsung 24", dual BD.

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry View Post
      Have you contacted Zoom and asked how to convert the raw files?
      I have a free acct. The only access I have is to the online info. It does not have any info that will help.

ZOOM:
      To better serve you, we are providing additional online resources along with new support guidelines listed below. For the months of May and June, the following changes will be in effect temporarily:

For all Free account users and end users to the below listed accounts, we will only be able to offer unrestricted access to our online resources.
      We will continue to offer web support to owners and administrators of Zoom Pro accounts.
      We will continue to offer web, chat, and phone support to owners and administrators of Zoom Business, Education, Enterprise and API accounts.
      Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astaire did, but she did it backwards and in high heels.

Comment

You can convert to a pro account for a month and get the support you need. :) Especially if it is a paid JOb. Just bill the 14.99 and cancel after a month.
        Steve

Please don't send me Private Messages for support. Contact Grass Valley support

Comment

LOL YES! We are probably going to do that. I wanted to know if anyone knows of a .zoom to .mp4 quality converter. You guys are way tech savvy so... :)

Comment

I've never encountered one of those files to be able to say. What does media info say about it if it will tell you anything.
            Edius WG 9.52.6153, various 3rd party plugins, VisTitle 2.8.0.5, Win 7 Ultimate SP1, i7-4790K @ 4GHz with HD4600 GPU embedded, MSI Z97 Gaming 7 Motherboard, 32GB Kingston HyperX RAM, nVidia GTX680 4GB GPU, Matrox MX02 Mini MAX, Corsair 750W PSU, Corsair H110i GT Water Cooler, Corsair C70 case, 4TB Internal RAID 0/stripe (2x2TB Seagate SATAIII HDD's, Win7 Software RAID 0/stripe), 1TB Crucial MX500 SSD, Pioneer BDR-207D, Dual 1920x1080 monitors (one on GTX680 and one on Intel HD4600).

Comment

When I look at one of the files, all I get is that it's a .zoom file that is 4.43G and plays with ZOOM.

And, all I get from the web is how to convert it using Zoom. I have seen quite a few other people asking the same question, but the general consensus is "ummmmm we don't know".

Comment

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
                When I look at one of the files, all I get is that it's a .zoom file that is 4.43G and plays with ZOOM.

And, all I get from the web is how to convert it using Zoom. I have seen quite a few other people asking the same question, but the general consensus is "ummmmm we don't know".
                OK, so it isn't a standard codec that mediainfo can read.

Here is something I found on a reddit post. https://www.reddit.com/r/Zoom/commen..._files_to_mp4/

There's a workaround. You need all the files for this to work i.e

.zoom files ( named double_click_to_convert_01 and double_click_to_convert_02)

.tmp files

Now follow these steps

Go to the Documents > Zoom folder.

Go into any previous meeting folder which has already been converted. Take a backup of those files, and delete the contents of the folder.

Transfer the files of the meeting to be converted into the folder.

Restart the Zoom app and go into the meetings interface.

Go into the previous meeting which you've copied the files into. Now you can see the convert button being displayed.

Press Convert. Voila!

Note: If you don't have any previous meetings that have been recorded. No worries. Just start a meeting now, with a friend or anyone. Record the meeting for a minute or so. Now you have recorded meeting folder in Documents > Zoom.
                Edius WG 9.52.6153, various 3rd party plugins, VisTitle 2.8.0.5, Win 7 Ultimate SP1, i7-4790K @ 4GHz with HD4600 GPU embedded, MSI Z97 Gaming 7 Motherboard, 32GB Kingston HyperX RAM, nVidia GTX680 4GB GPU, Matrox MX02 Mini MAX, Corsair 750W PSU, Corsair H110i GT Water Cooler, Corsair C70 case, 4TB Internal RAID 0/stripe (2x2TB Seagate SATAIII HDD's, Win7 Software RAID 0/stripe), 1TB Crucial MX500 SSD, Pioneer BDR-207D, Dual 1920x1080 monitors (one on GTX680 and one on Intel HD4600).

Comment

Yeah - I know of that method I spoke of in my original post and tried it. This is Zoom's compression algorithm and it compresses the video again into an inch of it's life, worse than SD.
                  I have that crappy SD-not version LOL :)
                  Also - up-scaling crap = crap.... so that's not really an option. tried it.

My theory is that the 4+ and 2+ Gig files I have of this meeting (pre-compression) look like they are much better quality based on the file sizes. I was hoping that there was an external .ZOOM to .Mp4 (or .AVI... whatever) that would keep this quality intact.

I was hoping the techies here may know some secret weird way to do it.

Comment

If it was a standard wrapper/codec, it might be possible, but it looks like this isn't the case.

I just tried a little zoom recording, and the app automatically converted the recording to .m4a and .mp4 files when I stopped the meeting. There is also an option in zoom to optimize the mp4 for a video editing application, but that seems to reduce the bitrate even further. Without the optimize option, I got about 1.5Mbps from my 720p webcam and with it i got about 850kbps.

My mediainfo does see the codec in the .zoom files, but the container seems to be in a format that noting can understand.
                    Last edited by BernH; 06-17-2020, 04:21 PM.

Comment

Raw .zoom file structure seems to be changing over time. If I had a single meeting and launched/stooped recording three times it used to produce three separate .zoom files. Last time I recorded an important meeting it produced only one .zoom file out of three recording sessions started during the meeting. Initially I even freaked out thinking the last two parts of the meeting wasn't recorded. But no, after conversion I got 3 separate mp4 files. I agree that it produces a poor quality on everything that is not static screen capture or a presentation.

The quality is further degraded if one uses ZOOM to livestream to YouTube. It reduces quality down to HD and bitrate is under 1Mbps. Compared to that the recorded 2560 x 1440 and rescaled version was of a much much better quality. The content included narated presentation mostly.

All that said ZOOM produces better quality video and audio recordings than most conferencing software e.g. popular WebEX.

1st System: Edius 8.53 & Neat Video 3.5, TMPGEnc VMW5 & AW4, ASUS P9X79, Core i7-3930K, Intel SSD 330 180GB, GeForce GTX 570, Corsair Graphite 600T Mid-Tower, Sony Optiarc AD-7280S, 16GB RAM, 12TB , Canopus ADVC-300,

2nd System: Edius 8.53, HP ZBook 17 G3, i7-6700HQ CPU @ 2.60GHz, 16GB RAM, 512Gb SSD, 1 TB HDD.

Cameras:
                      JVC GY-HM100E, Nikon D750, Sony RX10

Comment

Working...
                      X