Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

can Neat video 5.0 work in edius as 10bit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can Neat video 5.0 work in edius as 10bit?

Hi all

Can neat video ver5 plug in work in edius in 10bit. according to the makers or neat video... the answer is no.

thanks

Yeah, I asked about this. Neat throws the blame to GV, GV flips the ball to Neat. And users suffer.
    Pawel Chyrowski

Edius 9 Workgroup

Writer/Director. Director of Photography. Motion Picture and Sound Editor. Colorist.

https://facebook.com/chyrowski
    https://www.youtube.com/c/PawelChyrowski
    https://vimeo.com/pawelchyrowski

Comment

Sorry at this time Neatvideo can't work in 10 bit in EDIUS.
      Steve

Please don't send me Private Messages for support. Contact Grass Valley support

Comment

Originally posted by Seemedia View Post
        Yeah, I asked about this. Neat throws the blame to GV, GV flips the ball to Neat. And users suffer.
        here is the reply from neat video about neat video in edius not being in 10bit.

To support more than 8 bits in Neat Video, we need Edius to add full support for 10-bit data
        in its plug-in interface. The current versions of Edius do not provide such full support,
        they only partially support such data. Once developers of Edius improve that aspect
        of their product, we will be able to improve Neat Video to support that too.

Comment

Originally posted by GrassValley_SL View Post
          Sorry at this time Neatvideo can't work in 10 bit in EDIUS.
          HI all.

could Neat video work in edius in 10bit if used via the ofx bridge with the plug in adobe after effects?

Comment

At this time neatvideo does not work trough the OFX bridge.
            Steve

Comment

that's a bugger.

Thank you Steve.

Comment

Originally posted by GrassValley_SL View Post
                At this time neatvideo does not work trough the OFX bridge.
                Dear Steve.
                I have found out the same bad thing. And reply from Neat video support team is very similar:
                "Unfortunately there is not much we can do about 10-bit color support in Edius because the source of problem lies in Edius itself. Edius' plug-in interface does not offer full 10-bit support (there is only partial support that is not sufficient for Neat Video) so Neat Video plug-in cannot receive all necessary input frames in 10-bit precision. Edius provides only 8-bit data to Neat Video. To lift this limitation, Edius developers should improve the plug-in interface of Edius. We asked them to do that several times over the years, but so far nothing changes in that part of Edius as far as I know.

Many other video editing applications currently work in 32-bit color and the corresponding Neat Video plug-ins do support that because those applications do offer full 32-bit support in their plug-in interfaces. Unfortunately that part is missing or insufficient in Edius."

So can you do something with that please?
                It is shame that is not there support for Edius plugin...

Thank you very much and have a nice day.

Robert
                EDIUS Pro 9.50.5351 WG, Intel Core i7-8700K 3.7 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia GeForce GTX-1080Ti, Win10 Pro, Blackmagic DeckLink 4K Extrema 12G
                Sony PXW-FS7, DJI Phantom 4 Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Robert_nj View Post
                  Dear Steve.

So can you do something with that please?
                  It is shame that is not there support for Edius plugin...

Robert
                  Told Ya... But it would be great to have that possibility. Like full 10 bit or even 12 bit support ... (dreaming ;))
                  Pawel Chyrowski

Edius 9 Workgroup

Writer/Director. Director of Photography. Motion Picture and Sound Editor. Colorist.

https://facebook.com/chyrowski
                  https://www.youtube.com/c/PawelChyrowski
                  https://vimeo.com/pawelchyrowski

Comment

Originally posted by Seemedia View Post
                    Told Ya... But it would be great to have that possibility. Like full 10 bit or even 12 bit support ... (dreaming ;))
                    As I said in another post on here... Edius is a fantastic product but needs better features in some areas or the ability to work with other plug-ins in 10bit. 10bit is the norm these days in serious editing software packages..

Comment

Steve (or somebody else from GV),
                      so what can you do for that please?

Robert
                      EDIUS Pro 9.50.5351 WG, Intel Core i7-8700K 3.7 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia GeForce GTX-1080Ti, Win10 Pro, Blackmagic DeckLink 4K Extrema 12G
                      Sony PXW-FS7, DJI Phantom 4 Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Robert_nj View Post
                        Steve (or somebody else from GV),
                        so what can you do for that please?

Robert
                        At this time there is no information about when.
                        If you really need to use NeatVideo in 10 bit is is best to use it in a host were the plug-in is able to run in 10 bit or higher.

This cannot be done in EDIUS at this time.
                        Steve

Comment

Steve, you are saying Neat video doesn’t work 10 bit at this time, and it doesn’t work with the OFX bridge at this time - but is this because Neat video haven’t programmed it to work yet via the bridge, or that it simply can’t be written as Edius currently is?
                          Matt, AdVision TV Ltd

Main System: Edius WG 9.51 - Storm 3G, Intel Core i7-3930 Sandy Bridge 6-Core @ 3.2Ghz, Gigabyte GA-X79-UP4 Intel X79, 4GB DDR3 1600Mhz Ram, 12TB RAID Array, GT650 1024MB GDDR5 Gfx Card

Laptop System: Edius WG 9.51 - Intel Core i9-9900K @ 3.6Ghz, 64GB RAM

Comment

Take a look at the screen shot:
                            Neat Video Plugins.png

As you can see, Neat Video does not currently offer an OFX plugin for Edius.
                            As Steve stated, Edius has a native plugin, which currently does not operate at 10bit.

If you are curious as to when or if Neat will create an OFX plugin for Edius, I would contact them directly by going here:
                            https://www.neatvideo.com/contacts/details
                            Jerry
                            Six Gill DV
                            www.sgdvtutorials.com
                            If you own the Tutorials and you need help, PM me.

Vistitle YouTube Channel
                            https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMVlxC8Am4qFbkXJRoPAnMQ/videos

Windows 10 Pro up to v.1803 Tweaks for Edius Users
                            http://sgdvtutorials.com/WIN%2010%20...%20V.2.0.0.pdf

Main System:: Azrock Z97 Extreme 6, [email protected], 32gb ram, NZXT Z63, Win10 Pro 64, Samsung 850 pro, E7.5/8.5/E9 on separate SSD drives, 2TB Sabrent M.2 NVME, BM MINI MONITOR 4K, 12tb RAID 0 on backplane ,2 BD, Dual LG 27GK65S-B 144Hz monitors, GTX 1080ti SC Black.
                            Second System: EditHD Ultimax-i7, X58, [email protected], Corsair H80, Win764, 24gb ram, Storm 3g, Samsung 840 Pro 256, 4tb and 6tb RAID 0 on backplane, GTX 980ti Classified, Edius 9, Apple 30", Samsung 24", dual BD.

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry View Post
                              Take a look at the screen shot:
                              [ATTACH]20666[/ATTACH]

As you can see, Neat Video does not currently offer an OFX plugin for Edius.
                              As Steve stated, Edius has a native plugin, which currently does not operate at 10bit.

If you are curious as to when or if Neat will create an OFX plugin for Edius, I would contact them directly by going here:
                              https://www.neatvideo.com/contacts/details

Hi Jerry.

here is the reply from neat video about neat video in edius not being in 10bit.

To support more than 8 bits in Neat Video, we need Edius to add full support for 10-bit data
                              in its plug-in interface. The current versions of Edius do not provide such full support,
                              they only partially support such data. Once developers of Edius improve that aspect
                              of their product, we will be able to improve Neat Video to support that too.

Comment

Working...
                              X