Best free VST limiter plugin for Edius.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Geoff_C View Post
    Sorry. Should have added in Windows not Edius.
    Main PC screen set to 100% & loudmax panel displays correctly, laptop set to screen-.display set 125% most of loundmax panel missing.
    Nice one, Geoff.

Cheers,
    Dave.
    "There's only one thing more powerful than knowledge. The free sharing of it"

If you don't know the difference between Azimuth and Asimov, then either your tapes sound bad and your Robot is very dangerous. Kill all humans...... Or your tape deck won't harm a human, and your Robot's tracking and stereo imagining is spot on.

Is your Robot three laws safe?

Comment

Main PC screen set to 100% & loudmax panel displays correctly, laptop set to screen-.display set 125% most of loundmax panel missing.
      of course at 100% scaling, you can't read any menu text on a 4k screen

there are too many plugins that don't scale on 4k screens inside EDIUS when scaling is not 100%, example, Wavearts Master Restoration, see attached

in other words, I personally would never use a 4k screen as a PC monitor and only use them for 4k output from Blackmagic card

the following resolution monitors work perfect at 100% scaling and menu text is readable
      1920x1080
      1920x1200
      2560x1440 (Dell)
      2560x1600 (what I use) (Dell)
      Attached Files
      Last edited by antonsvideo; 09-14-2018, 12:19 AM.
      Anton Strauss
      Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS 9 WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Liverpool TV View Post
        Have you tried changing your resolution or project settings?
        That doesn't work. It is the display settings.
        I7-6900K, X99 Taichi, Geforce GTX 1070, Corsair RM850X, Corsair H100 IV2, Windows 10, Edius WG 9.30

Comment

Right, if I set it to 100%, it works, but then I can't see crap on my 4K monitor lol. My system recommend 150%
          Attached Files
          I7-6900K, X99 Taichi, Geforce GTX 1070, Corsair RM850X, Corsair H100 IV2, Windows 10, Edius WG 9.30

Comment

Originally posted by antonsvideo View Post
            of course at 100% scaling, you can't read any menu text on a 4k screen

there are too many plugins that don't scale on 4k screens inside EDIUS when scaling is not 100%, example, Wavearts Master Restoration, see attached

in other words, I personally would never use a 4k screen as a PC monitor and only use them for 4k output from Blackmagic card

the following resolution monitors work perfect at 100% scaling and menu text is readable
            1920x1080
            1920x1200
            2560x1440 (Dell)
            2560x1600 (what I use) (Dell)
            Anton, I use 4K monitor because everything I output to the web is in 4K so I want to make sure it looks right. Even my dog video are in 4K:-) https://vimeo.com/262673200
            Last edited by Khoi Pham; 09-14-2018, 11:22 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Khoi Pham View Post
              Anton, I use 4K monitor because everything I output to the web is in 4K so I want to make sure it looks right. Even my dog video are in 4K:-) https://vimeo.com/262673200

and that is why I suggested to connect the 4k mon to the output of the BM 4k card and use non 4k mon for the PC

4k mon for computer desktop use are ...... because software makers are not ready for it
              Last edited by GrassValley_PS; 09-14-2018, 02:44 PM.
              Anton Strauss

EDIUS 9 WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

and that is why I suggested to connect the 4k mon to the output of the BM 4k card and use non 4k mon for the PC

4k mon for computer desktop use are ...... because software makers are not ready for it
                As Anton has suggested, going external for UHD monitoring is going to be the best way to do this and not just because it gets around any GUI issues. There are a number of reasons why using the GUI isn't best for gauging a proper 'video' signal, if doing anything where serious picture adjustments are concerned. This is also true for any other typical broadcast resolutions.

On the other hand, if you've already got pictures that aren't going to be retouched for colour etc., Or don't need to adhere to certain broadcast standards. Or if like me, you're producing videos predominantly for web streaming to computer and mobile device screens, where the variation in screen quality, calibration, colour standards and playback environments etc. would probably negate the efforts of a properly calibrated 'standards' master. Then not using a properly calibrated external video monitor for gauging picture probably won't be such an issue. As long as the GUI resolution, quality and scaling isn't an issue for you and your material and you're OK with maybe not monitoring 1:1

Getting back to the subject of the thread. Maybe people would like to comment on the plugin or other audio related tips that allow for total audio manipulation and delivery from within Edius.

If you don't know the difference between Azimuth and Asimov, then either your tapes sound bad and your Robot is very dangerous. Kill all humans...... Or your tape deck won't harm a human, and your Robot's tracking and stereo imagining is spot on.

Comment

I do have a 4K monitor hook up to my BM card for editing and grading, but I need to see what people see on their computer when they are watching my 4K video on the internet on their computer monitor.

Comment

Please return to the OP. This thread is not about 4K monitors except how it relates to the plugin.
                    Main System: i7 6950X OC to 4.5GHz, ASUS RAMPAGE V EDITION 10, Corsair Dominator Platinum 64GB DDR4 2800, SAMSUNG 950 PRO M.2 512GB , GeForce GTX 1080ti SC Black, Corsair AX1200i PS, Phanteks Luxe Case, 16TB RAID (4)HGST Deskstar NAS 4TB, Corsair H115i CPU Cooler, AJA Kona 4, BMD Intensity Pro 4K, Win 10

Comment

I have tested this VST and it causes no delay after print to file, just like Elephant, in other words, a good free VST

other VST plugins cause a delay after export, anywhere from 1 - 3 frames which can be seen when you add the exported file above the original and compare waveforms
                      Anton Strauss

Comment

I have tested this VST and it causes no delay after print to file, just like Elephant, in other words, a good free VST

other VST plugins cause a delay after export, anywhere from 1 - 3 frames which can be seen when you add the exported file above the original and compare waveforms
                        Thanks for confirming that, Anton.

Exactly the same on my setup, I'm using E8. All my MP4 and HQ/X files are perfect.

Cheers,
                        Dave.

Comment

can the Loadmax plugin be used in edius 7.53? and what is the latest version?

Comment

Originally posted by ulyssesvideo View Post

yes it can be used, any VST that works in 9 will work in 7
                            Anton Strauss

Comment

Originally posted by ulyssesvideo View Post
                              Hi Carl.

It should be fine with any version of Edius that is VST compatible.

Cheers,
                              Dave.

Comment

Originally posted by Liverpool TV View Post
                                Hi Carl.

It should be fine with any version of Edius that is VST compatible.

Cheers,
                                Dave.
                                HI Dave.

thanks...
                                I use the newblue audio plug in... its very good but not as simple to use.

cheers

Comment

Working...
                                X