X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Walter Iermano
    • Jun 2016

Originally posted by Bassman
    One question:

Since we are close to a new version of Edius, will the Macro Generator stay compatible without the need for an upgrade purchase?
    MG is constantly updating and will always be
    Be quiet there will be no surcharges for upgrades
    Walter Iermano
    Developer of Macro Generator for EDIUS
    http://www.macrogenerator.net/

Comment

• Bassman
      • May 2007

Thanks for your info Walter.
      Asus PrimeZ690A - Intel i9 13900K - 32GB RAM - NVidia GTX1070 - Edius X WG - BM Intensity 4k - Boris RED - Vitascene 2 - Windows 11

Comment

• Walter Iermano
        • Jun 2016

Originally posted by Bassman
        Thanks for your info Walter.
        you are Welcome
        Walter Iermano

Comment

• Rusty
          • May 2007

Mods,
          Should this move to "Compatible Third Party Products"?

Walter, this is looking really good.
          Rusty Rogers | Films
          >TYAN S7025 - 32GB RAM, 2 x Xeon X5690's, 4 x 10k video HD's, Win10 x64, BM DecklinkHD, nVidia TITAN, 12TB DroboPro w/iSCISI connection
          >RAZER BLADE - QHD+ - 16GB RAM, i7-6700HQ Quad, 512GB SSD, Win10 x64, GeForce GTX 1060 6GB

An inglorious peace is better than a dishonorable war.
          Twain - "Glances at History" 1906

Comment

• frenshprince
            • Jan 2012

Originally posted by Walter Iermano
            Hi , very simple , i have prepared and attach here
            but if you want create youself here the instructions :
            Goto in Menu Settings,Macro Settings,Create New Macro with Wizard ,
            select type idkey , number 55571 , click on select , save
            edit , new command , Select Type Keyboard , Down 9 <Generic>
            new command , select type Keyboard Enter <Generic>
            new command , Select Type Keyboard , Down 3 <Generic>
            new command , select type Keyboard Enter <Generic>
            Thanks.
            I'll check that.

Comment

• jsyrjanen
              • Sep 2008

The MacroGenerator Tablet UWP app in the Windows app store (https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/stor...p/9pmjg8fr2bd0) won't install on anything other than Windows Mobile 10. My Lenovo Ideapad, like I think most Windows tablets (maybe all) runs full Win10, so the app won't install. Is there an option to control through browser on a Win10 tablet?
              Desktop: Edius 8.50 WG/Win 7 Pro/HP Z620/Intel Xeon E5-1620 @ 3.60GHz/16GB RAM/NVIDIA Quadro 4000/Storm 3G

Laptop: 8.50 WG/Win 10 Home/ASUS ROG G751/Intel i7-4710HQ @ 2.50GHz/16GB RAM/NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970M

Comment

• Walter Iermano
                • Jun 2016

Originally posted by jsyrjanen
                The MacroGenerator Tablet UWP app in the Windows app store (https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/stor...p/9pmjg8fr2bd0) won't install on anything other than Windows Mobile 10. My Lenovo Ideapad, like I think most Windows tablets (maybe all) runs full Win10, so the app won't install. Is there an option to control through browser on a Win10 tablet?
                Hi , very strange that not instal i have to check
                You can use a browser
                The link address to use is
                Http:// ipaddresofpc : portaddress
                Let me know if all is ok
                Walter Iermano

Comment

• GrassValley_PS
                  • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Rusty
                  Mods,
                  Should this move to "Compatible Third Party Products"?

Walter, this is looking really good.
                  Yes it should and yes it is. Thanks Rusty.
                  1: Intel 13900K, Asus ROG Z790 Hero, G. Skill Trident Z5 6400 64G DDR5, Asus Tuff Gaming GeForce 4070Ti, WD SN850XNVMe 1T, 4T (2), Seagate IronWolf NAS 7200 14TB, Lian Li Galahad 360, Aja Kona 4, Super Flower Leadex Platinum 1600W

2: 3970X Threadripper, Asus ROG Strix TR40 E Gaming, G. Skill Trident Z Neo 128G DDR4 3600, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080Ti, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 1T, Intel 660P M.2 2T (2), Seagate Ironwolf NAS 12T, Enermax TR4 360 AIO, Lian Li 011 DXL, AJA Kona 4, Asus ROG Thor 1200

Comment

• Green Grass
                    • Sep 2014

MacroGenerator is a great time-saving program when using the cycle function, modifying or adding filters to multiple clips along a timeline track and a great solution for EDIUS missing shortcut keys.

I edited with the keyboard all the time. It speeds up my work and helps to prevent hand; wrist muscle fatigue using a mouse.
                    One problem with EDIUS the missing option for a keyboard shortcut to add the focus to a selected clip, (blue highlight around the clip on the timeline). You can use the keyboard shortcut keys Shift+Ctrl+Alt+z to selected clip (gray color) but without the blue highlight around the clip then the focus isn't on it. The clip info & filters in the information panel and the clip properties is the clip with a blue highlight (focus). You must first click the clip with the mouse cursor to add focus to it or move the focus across the timeline to the clip using Alt-arrows.
                    When working with random single clips on the timeline there’s not much time saving with a macro program because when I click on the clip with the mouse, I usually decide to finish the task with the mouse e.g. right click and change the gain or add a filter.

With EDIUS 4 the clip focus was automatically added to the selected clip when using the keyboard shortcut keys but that prevents the ability to copy filters from the clip with the blue highlight (focus) to multiple selected clips (gray color). What we need is a keyboard shortcut to add the focus to clip at the current playhead position on the track with its header selected.

In EDIUS 8 you can select a clip at the current playhead position using the keyboard shortcut keys Shift+Ctrl+Alt+z but not add the focus to it. There are unassigned keyboard shortcuts to Delete clip at current position and Ripple delete clip at the current position. Maybe in a future update EDIUS will have a keyboard shortcut to add the focus to clip at the current playhead position on the track with its header selected. In the meantime, I have a solution (see below).

With MacroGenerator I made a macro that does the following. The macro selects a clip at the current playhead position using the keyboard keys Shift+Ctrl+Alt+z (correct track header must be selected using another macro) Then Shift+z will add In and Out points to the selected clip. Press q to move the timeline cursor to the selected clip's In point. Ctrl+X for cut and Ctrl+V for paste again and x to get rid of the In and Out points. The focus will now be on the selected clip for modifying the clip. It works brilliantly when I'm editing by keyboard and MacroGenerator (no mouse). All the filters and rubber band adjustments will not be lost when cutting and pasting but the transitions will be lost.
                    Last edited by Green Grass; 04-27-2017, 12:59 PM.
                    Check out posts on this forum: Sync markers from PluralEyes version 3 or 4 http://forum.grassvalley.com/forum/s...021#post280021 Syncing by Timecode with Tentacle Sync http://forum.grassvalley.com/forum/s...330#post280330 Converting Sequence markers to Clip markers. http://forum.grassvalley.com/forum/s...898#post281898

Comment

• Jerry
                      • May 2007

Look at idKeys 53488-53495, you can choose one of those to select the track you are using. Just edit the macro and move this function to to the top of the list.
                      Jerry
                      Six Gill DV

Vistitle YouTube Channel
                      https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMVlxC8Am4qFbkXJRoPAnMQ/videos

Main System:: Azrock z690 Taichi, [email protected], 64gb ram, Lian Li Galahad 360mm in push pull, Lian Li 011 Dynamic XL ROG case, 13 Lian Infinity fans, Win11 Pro , Corsair ATX 3.0 Gen 5 1200 watt PSU, Samsung 980 1tb boot NVME, 2-4TB Samsung 990 Pro's, 1TB Samsung SSD, 1-12TB Seagate Ironwolf, BM MINI MONITOR 4K, Dual LG 27GK65S-B 144Hz monitors, GTX 1080ti SC Black Edius X.

Second System: EditHD Ultimax-i7, X58, [email protected], Corsair H80, Win764, 24gb ram, Storm 3g, Samsung 840 Pro 256, 4tb and 6tb RAID 0 on backplane, GTX 980ti Classified, Edius 9.55, Apple 30", Samsung 24", dual BD.

Comment

• Green Grass
                        • Sep 2014

It's difficult to explain what keyboard shortcut is needed to edit fast without a mouse. I re-edited my previous post and hopefully, the problem with EDIUS is more clear to understand.

Originally posted by Green Grass
                        MacroGenerator is a great time-saving program when using the cycle function, modifying or adding filters to multiple clips along a timeline track and a great solution for EDIUS missing shortcut keys.

I edited with the keyboard all the time. It speeds up my work and helps to prevent hand; wrist muscle fatigue using a mouse.
                        One problem with EDIUS the missing option for a keyboard shortcut to add the focus to a selected clip, (blue highlight around the clip on the timeline). You can use the keyboard shortcut keys Shift+Ctrl+Alt+z to selected clip (gray color) but without the blue highlight around the clip then the focus isn't on it. The clip info & filters in the information panel and the clip properties is the clip with a blue highlight (focus). You must first click the clip with the mouse cursor to add focus to it or move the focus across the timeline to the clip using Alt-arrows.
                        When working with random single clips on the timeline there’s not much time saving with a macro program because when I click on the clip with the mouse, I usually decide to finish the task with the mouse e.g. right click and change the gain or add a filter.

With EDIUS 4 the clip focus was automatically added to the selected clip when using the keyboard shortcut keys but that prevents the ability to copy filters from the clip with the blue highlight (focus) to multiple selected clips (gray color). What we need is a keyboard shortcut to add the focus to clip at the current playhead position on the track with its header selected.

In EDIUS 8 you can select a clip at the current playhead position using the keyboard shortcut keys Shift+Ctrl+Alt+z but not add the focus to it. There are unassigned keyboard shortcuts to Delete clip at current position and Ripple delete clip at the current position. Maybe in a future update EDIUS will have a keyboard shortcut to add the focus to clip at the current playhead position on the track with its header selected. In the meantime, I have a solution (see below).

With MacroGenerator I made a macro that does the following. The macro selects a clip at the current playhead position using the keyboard keys Shift+Ctrl+Alt+z (correct track header must be selected using another macro) Then Shift+z will add In and Out points to the selected clip. Press q to move the timeline cursor to the selected clip's In point. Ctrl+X for cut and Ctrl+V for paste again and x to get rid of the In and Out points. The focus will now be on the selected clip for modifying the clip. It works brilliantly when I'm editing by keyboard and MacroGenerator (no mouse). All the filters and rubber band adjustments will not be lost when cutting and pasting but the transitions will be lost.
                        Last edited by Green Grass; 04-27-2017, 01:49 PM.
                        Check out posts on this forum: Sync markers from PluralEyes version 3 or 4 http://forum.grassvalley.com/forum/s...021#post280021 Syncing by Timecode with Tentacle Sync http://forum.grassvalley.com/forum/s...330#post280330 Converting Sequence markers to Clip markers. http://forum.grassvalley.com/forum/s...898#post281898

Comment

• Geoff_C
                          • May 2012

Is this possible?

Trim first 8 or 12 frames from selected clips. Clips selected using Ctrl plus mouse click or complete timeline.

Reason: Audio recording kicks in after the video has started recording when using Panasonic GH2 through to GH4 cameras. (not tried GH5 yet)

If so how?

Many thanks Geoff
                          Sys1: Gigabyte Z370 HD3 i7 8086K(4.3Ghz), 16Gb ram, 256Gb SSD system + 2x2Tb Graphics: nVidia 4060 8Gb, (W10 Pro) BM IP4K, E8v3 WG; Vegas Pro19; Davinci Resolve18.4Studio, , Pana HC-X2000E, GoPro5

Sys2 :Clevo i7 6700K 2.5Ghz,16Gb ram 2565Gb SSD + 1Tb,nVidia 1060 6Gb (W10 Pro), Software: E8v3 WG; Vegas Pro19,Davinci Resolve18.4 Studio

Comment

• Walter Iermano
                            • Jun 2016

Originally posted by Geoff_C
                            Is this possible?

Trim first 8 or 12 frames from selected clips. Clips selected using Ctrl plus mouse click or complete timeline.

Reason: Audio recording kicks in after the video has started recording when using Panasonic GH2 through to GH4 cameras. (not tried GH5 yet)

If so how?

Many thanks Geoff
                            Yes , you can create , a new macro with Wizard , and use the command "CUT_FRAMES" and put as first parameter 8 and second parameters 12
                            and for apply to more clip you can use the cycle function

if you have problem can you contact me at my email [email protected]
                            Walter Iermano

Comment

• alanlacey
                              • Feb 2009

Green Grass, have you tried using a graphics tablet with Edius? I grew up with tablets in the early 90s with PaintBox and only later mice. The beauty of a tablet, with almost any program, is that you can access the keyboard just as quickly holding the pen. Give it a serious trial before discarding the idea if you haven't already tried it.
                              Alan.

More or less retired now. Still on the Essex(UK) coast. Edius 8.2wg all sorts of other, more or less redundant kit - production & Post.

Comment

• Geoff_C
                                • May 2012

Anyone updated to the latest version?

My 64 bit version was replaced with a 32 bit version, which cannot function.
                                Am correctly advised that a 64 bit version is needed but no link is provided.

Have uninstalled and reloaded the original 64 bit file but cannot run as file is time limited.

Not impressed!!

When next up and running must remember not to check for updates.
                                Sys1: Gigabyte Z370 HD3 i7 8086K(4.3Ghz), 16Gb ram, 256Gb SSD system + 2x2Tb Graphics: nVidia 4060 8Gb, (W10 Pro) BM IP4K, E8v3 WG; Vegas Pro19; Davinci Resolve18.4Studio, , Pana HC-X2000E, GoPro5

Sys2 :Clevo i7 6700K 2.5Ghz,16Gb ram 2565Gb SSD + 1Tb,nVidia 1060 6Gb (W10 Pro), Software: E8v3 WG; Vegas Pro19,Davinci Resolve18.4 Studio

Comment

Working...