Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Plugin for Edius: MacroGenerator Pro

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by Bassman View Post
    One question:

    Since we are close to a new version of Edius, will the Macro Generator stay compatible without the need for an upgrade purchase?
    MG is constantly updating and will always be
    Be quiet there will be no surcharges for upgrades
    Walter Iermano
    Developer of Macro Generator for EDIUS
    http://www.macrogenerator.net/

    Comment


    • #32
      Thanks for your info Walter.
      Asus Prime X299-A - Intel i9 7900x all cores @4.3GHz 2 cores @4.5GHz - 32GB RAM - NVidia GTX1070 - Edius 9 WG - BM Intensity 4k - Boris RED - Vitascene 2 - Windows 10

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by Bassman View Post
        Thanks for your info Walter.
        you are Welcome
        Walter Iermano
        Developer of Macro Generator for EDIUS
        http://www.macrogenerator.net/

        Comment


        • #34
          Mods,
          Should this move to "Compatible Third Party Products"?

          Walter, this is looking really good.
          Rusty Rogers | Films
          >TYAN S7025 - 32GB RAM, 2 x Xeon X5690's, 4 x 10k video HD's, Win10 x64, BM DecklinkHD, nVidia TITAN, 12TB DroboPro w/iSCISI connection
          >RAZER BLADE - QHD+ - 16GB RAM, i7-6700HQ Quad, 512GB SSD, Win10 x64, GeForce GTX 1060 6GB

          An inglorious peace is better than a dishonorable war.
          Twain - "Glances at History" 1906

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by Walter Iermano View Post
            Hi , very simple , i have prepared and attach here
            but if you want create youself here the instructions :
            Goto in Menu Settings,Macro Settings,Create New Macro with Wizard ,
            select type idkey , number 55571 , click on select , save
            edit , new command , Select Type Keyboard , Down 9 <Generic>
            new command , select type Keyboard Enter <Generic>
            new command , Select Type Keyboard , Down 3 <Generic>
            new command , select type Keyboard Enter <Generic>
            Thanks.
            I'll check that.

            Comment


            • #36
              The MacroGenerator Tablet UWP app in the Windows app store (https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/stor...p/9pmjg8fr2bd0) won't install on anything other than Windows Mobile 10. My Lenovo Ideapad, like I think most Windows tablets (maybe all) runs full Win10, so the app won't install. Is there an option to control through browser on a Win10 tablet?
              Desktop: Edius 8.50 WG/Win 7 Pro/HP Z620/Intel Xeon E5-1620 @ 3.60GHz/16GB RAM/NVIDIA Quadro 4000/Storm 3G

              Laptop: 8.50 WG/Win 10 Home/ASUS ROG G751/Intel i7-4710HQ @ 2.50GHz/16GB RAM/NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970M

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by jsyrjanen View Post
                The MacroGenerator Tablet UWP app in the Windows app store (https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/stor...p/9pmjg8fr2bd0) won't install on anything other than Windows Mobile 10. My Lenovo Ideapad, like I think most Windows tablets (maybe all) runs full Win10, so the app won't install. Is there an option to control through browser on a Win10 tablet?
                Hi , very strange that not instal i have to check
                You can use a browser
                The link address to use is
                Http:// ipaddresofpc : portaddress
                Let me know if all is ok
                Walter Iermano
                Developer of Macro Generator for EDIUS
                http://www.macrogenerator.net/

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by Rusty View Post
                  Mods,
                  Should this move to "Compatible Third Party Products"?

                  Walter, this is looking really good.
                  Yes it should and yes it is. Thanks Rusty.
                  1: 3970X Threadripper, Asus ROG Strix TR40 E Gaming, G. Skill Trident Z Neo 128G DDR4 3600, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080Ti, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 1T, Intel 660P M.2 2T (2), Seagate Ironwolf NAS 12T, Enermax TR4 360 AIO, Lian Li 011 DXL, AJA Kona 4, Asus ROG Thor 1200

                  2: i7 6950X OC to 4.5GHz, ASUS RAMPAGE V EDITION 10, Corsair Dominator Platinum 64G DDR4 2800, SAMSUNG 950 PRO M.2 512G, GeForce GTX 1080ti SC Black, Corsair AX1200i, Phanteks Luxe, 16T RAID HGST Deskstar NAS 4T, Corsair H115i AIO, BM IP 4K

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    MacroGenerator is a great time-saving program when using the cycle function, modifying or adding filters to multiple clips along a timeline track and a great solution for EDIUS missing shortcut keys.

                    I edited with the keyboard all the time. It speeds up my work and helps to prevent hand; wrist muscle fatigue using a mouse.
                    One problem with EDIUS the missing option for a keyboard shortcut to add the focus to a selected clip, (blue highlight around the clip on the timeline). You can use the keyboard shortcut keys Shift+Ctrl+Alt+z to selected clip (gray color) but without the blue highlight around the clip then the focus isn't on it. The clip info & filters in the information panel and the clip properties is the clip with a blue highlight (focus). You must first click the clip with the mouse cursor to add focus to it or move the focus across the timeline to the clip using Alt-arrows.
                    When working with random single clips on the timeline there’s not much time saving with a macro program because when I click on the clip with the mouse, I usually decide to finish the task with the mouse e.g. right click and change the gain or add a filter.

                    With EDIUS 4 the clip focus was automatically added to the selected clip when using the keyboard shortcut keys but that prevents the ability to copy filters from the clip with the blue highlight (focus) to multiple selected clips (gray color). What we need is a keyboard shortcut to add the focus to clip at the current playhead position on the track with its header selected.

                    In EDIUS 8 you can select a clip at the current playhead position using the keyboard shortcut keys Shift+Ctrl+Alt+z but not add the focus to it. There are unassigned keyboard shortcuts to Delete clip at current position and Ripple delete clip at the current position. Maybe in a future update EDIUS will have a keyboard shortcut to add the focus to clip at the current playhead position on the track with its header selected. In the meantime, I have a solution (see below).

                    With MacroGenerator I made a macro that does the following. The macro selects a clip at the current playhead position using the keyboard keys Shift+Ctrl+Alt+z (correct track header must be selected using another macro) Then Shift+z will add In and Out points to the selected clip. Press q to move the timeline cursor to the selected clip's In point. Ctrl+X for cut and Ctrl+V for paste again and x to get rid of the In and Out points. The focus will now be on the selected clip for modifying the clip. It works brilliantly when I'm editing by keyboard and MacroGenerator (no mouse). All the filters and rubber band adjustments will not be lost when cutting and pasting but the transitions will be lost.
                    Last edited by Green Grass; 04-27-2017, 01:59 PM.
                    Check out posts on this forum: Sync markers from PluralEyes version 3 or 4 http://forum.grassvalley.com/forum/s...021#post280021 Syncing by Timecode with Tentacle Sync http://forum.grassvalley.com/forum/s...330#post280330 Converting Sequence markers to Clip markers. http://forum.grassvalley.com/forum/s...898#post281898

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Look at idKeys 53488-53495, you can choose one of those to select the track you are using. Just edit the macro and move this function to to the top of the list.
                      Jerry
                      Six Gill DV
                      www.sgdvtutorials.com
                      If you own the Tutorials and you need help, PM me.

                      Vistitle YouTube Channel
                      https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMVlxC8Am4qFbkXJRoPAnMQ/videos

                      Windows 10 Pro up to v.1803 Tweaks for Edius Users
                      http://sgdvtutorials.com/WIN%2010%20...%20V.2.0.0.pdf


                      Main System:: Azrock Z97 Extreme 6, [email protected], 32gb ram, Corsair H110, Win10 Pro 64, Samsung 850 pro, E7.5/8.5/E9 on separate SSD drives, HD Spark, Intensity Shuttle, 12tb RAID 0 on backplane ,2 BD, Benq 27 and Hanns-G 28 monitors, CC 2019, GTX 1080ti SC Black.
                      Second System: EditHD Ultimax-i7, X58, [email protected], Corsair H80, Win764, 24gb ram, Storm 3g, Samsung 840 Pro 256, 4tb and 6tb RAID 0 on backplane, GTX 980ti Classified, Edius 9, Apple 30", Samsung 24", dual BD.

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        It's difficult to explain what keyboard shortcut is needed to edit fast without a mouse. I re-edited my previous post and hopefully, the problem with EDIUS is more clear to understand.

                        Originally posted by Green Grass View Post
                        MacroGenerator is a great time-saving program when using the cycle function, modifying or adding filters to multiple clips along a timeline track and a great solution for EDIUS missing shortcut keys.

                        I edited with the keyboard all the time. It speeds up my work and helps to prevent hand; wrist muscle fatigue using a mouse.
                        One problem with EDIUS the missing option for a keyboard shortcut to add the focus to a selected clip, (blue highlight around the clip on the timeline). You can use the keyboard shortcut keys Shift+Ctrl+Alt+z to selected clip (gray color) but without the blue highlight around the clip then the focus isn't on it. The clip info & filters in the information panel and the clip properties is the clip with a blue highlight (focus). You must first click the clip with the mouse cursor to add focus to it or move the focus across the timeline to the clip using Alt-arrows.
                        When working with random single clips on the timeline there’s not much time saving with a macro program because when I click on the clip with the mouse, I usually decide to finish the task with the mouse e.g. right click and change the gain or add a filter.

                        With EDIUS 4 the clip focus was automatically added to the selected clip when using the keyboard shortcut keys but that prevents the ability to copy filters from the clip with the blue highlight (focus) to multiple selected clips (gray color). What we need is a keyboard shortcut to add the focus to clip at the current playhead position on the track with its header selected.

                        In EDIUS 8 you can select a clip at the current playhead position using the keyboard shortcut keys Shift+Ctrl+Alt+z but not add the focus to it. There are unassigned keyboard shortcuts to Delete clip at current position and Ripple delete clip at the current position. Maybe in a future update EDIUS will have a keyboard shortcut to add the focus to clip at the current playhead position on the track with its header selected. In the meantime, I have a solution (see below).

                        With MacroGenerator I made a macro that does the following. The macro selects a clip at the current playhead position using the keyboard keys Shift+Ctrl+Alt+z (correct track header must be selected using another macro) Then Shift+z will add In and Out points to the selected clip. Press q to move the timeline cursor to the selected clip's In point. Ctrl+X for cut and Ctrl+V for paste again and x to get rid of the In and Out points. The focus will now be on the selected clip for modifying the clip. It works brilliantly when I'm editing by keyboard and MacroGenerator (no mouse). All the filters and rubber band adjustments will not be lost when cutting and pasting but the transitions will be lost.
                        Last edited by Green Grass; 04-27-2017, 02:49 PM.
                        Check out posts on this forum: Sync markers from PluralEyes version 3 or 4 http://forum.grassvalley.com/forum/s...021#post280021 Syncing by Timecode with Tentacle Sync http://forum.grassvalley.com/forum/s...330#post280330 Converting Sequence markers to Clip markers. http://forum.grassvalley.com/forum/s...898#post281898

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Is this possible?

                          Trim first 8 or 12 frames from selected clips. Clips selected using Ctrl plus mouse click or complete timeline.

                          Reason: Audio recording kicks in after the video has started recording when using Panasonic GH2 through to GH4 cameras. (not tried GH5 yet)

                          If so how?

                          Many thanks Geoff
                          Sys1: Gigabyte Z370 HD3 i7 8086K(4.3Ghz), 16Gb ram, 256Gb SSD system + 2x2Tb video drives, Graphics: nVidia 1060 (W10 Pro) E8v3 WG; Vegas Pro17; DVD Architect 5.2 GH2(hacked) Pana HC-X2000E
                          Sys2 :Clevo i7 6700HQ 3.5Ghz,16Gb ram 2565Gb SSD + 1Tb (W10 Pro)
                          Software: E8v3 WG; Vegas Pro17

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Originally posted by Geoff_C View Post
                            Is this possible?

                            Trim first 8 or 12 frames from selected clips. Clips selected using Ctrl plus mouse click or complete timeline.

                            Reason: Audio recording kicks in after the video has started recording when using Panasonic GH2 through to GH4 cameras. (not tried GH5 yet)

                            If so how?

                            Many thanks Geoff
                            Yes , you can create , a new macro with Wizard , and use the command "CUT_FRAMES" and put as first parameter 8 and second parameters 12
                            and for apply to more clip you can use the cycle function

                            if you have problem can you contact me at my email [email protected]
                            Walter Iermano
                            Developer of Macro Generator for EDIUS
                            http://www.macrogenerator.net/

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Green Grass, have you tried using a graphics tablet with Edius? I grew up with tablets in the early 90s with PaintBox and only later mice. The beauty of a tablet, with almost any program, is that you can access the keyboard just as quickly holding the pen. Give it a serious trial before discarding the idea if you haven't already tried it.
                              Alan.

                              More or less retired now. Still on the Essex(UK) coast. Edius 8.2wg all sorts of other, more or less redundant kit - production & Post.

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Anyone updated to the latest version?

                                My 64 bit version was replaced with a 32 bit version, which cannot function.
                                Am correctly advised that a 64 bit version is needed but no link is provided.

                                Have uninstalled and reloaded the original 64 bit file but cannot run as file is time limited.

                                Not impressed!!

                                When next up and running must remember not to check for updates.
                                Sys1: Gigabyte Z370 HD3 i7 8086K(4.3Ghz), 16Gb ram, 256Gb SSD system + 2x2Tb video drives, Graphics: nVidia 1060 (W10 Pro) E8v3 WG; Vegas Pro17; DVD Architect 5.2 GH2(hacked) Pana HC-X2000E
                                Sys2 :Clevo i7 6700HQ 3.5Ghz,16Gb ram 2565Gb SSD + 1Tb (W10 Pro)
                                Software: E8v3 WG; Vegas Pro17

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X