Ignite denoiser: ram use goes up and up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ignite denoiser: ram use goes up and up

I use Ignite Pro 2017. This is a great plugin. However: I used the Ignite denoiser. You have to render your file(s). When I do this, the use of RAM goes up and up until it reaches the limit (in my case 16Gb) and then I get some nasty warnings and Edius craches.

Anyone noticed the same?
    Cure/workaround?
    System: Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro, Win10, i9 9900K, 16 Gb RAM 3200MHz, M2 SSD 250Gb for OS and Edius, M2 SSD 500Gb for projectfiles, several HDD for archieving, dual screen Benq PD2700U, GTX1070, Corsair H115i Watercooling, E9.5WG, Mercalli V4, TPMG Authoring Works 5, Davinci Resolve, Sony fdr-ax700

I have 32gb of ram so I never noticed that. I have noticed that the controls get sluggish when using the particle effect. I have the original Ignite and until they fix it I can't use it in Edius with TP5.
    The way I see it, if I have to render the file I might as well use it in AE and have full keyframing ability and no sluggish interface. It also takes less time to output from AE than rendering in Edius.
    Jerry
    Six Gill DV
    www.sgdvtutorials.com
    If you own the Tutorials and you need help, PM me.

Vistitle YouTube Channel
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMVlxC8Am4qFbkXJRoPAnMQ/videos

Windows 10 Pro up to v.1803 Tweaks for Edius Users
    http://sgdvtutorials.com/WIN%2010%20...%20V.2.0.0.pdf

Main System:: Azrock Z97 Extreme 6, [email protected], 32gb ram, NZXT Z63, Win10 Pro 64, Samsung 850 pro, E7.5/8.5/E9 on separate SSD drives, 2TB Sabrent M.2 NVME, BM MINI MONITOR 4K, 12tb RAID 0 on backplane ,2 BD, Dual LG 27GK65S-B 144Hz monitors, GTX 1080ti SC Black.
    Second System: EditHD Ultimax-i7, X58, [email protected], Corsair H80, Win764, 24gb ram, Storm 3g, Samsung 840 Pro 256, 4tb and 6tb RAID 0 on backplane, GTX 980ti Classified, Edius 9, Apple 30", Samsung 24", dual BD.

Comment

I am working on a set of clips shot indoors. It is Glow-in-the-dark Minigolf. The shots look fine, but are definitely better after using denoise. I would like this effect on all clips, start render and walk away for coffee. I cannot do that. The program will run out of RAM very quickly. Even with 32Gb RAM I cannot do 'Render Sequence".

Does anyone else have this problem?
      Is there a workaround?
      System: Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro, Win10, i9 9900K, 16 Gb RAM 3200MHz, M2 SSD 250Gb for OS and Edius, M2 SSD 500Gb for projectfiles, several HDD for archieving, dual screen Benq PD2700U, GTX1070, Corsair H115i Watercooling, E9.5WG, Mercalli V4, TPMG Authoring Works 5, Davinci Resolve, Sony fdr-ax700

Comment

Originally posted by Cobra427 View Post
        I am working on a set of clips shot indoors. It is Glow-in-the-dark Minigolf. The shots look fine, but are definitely better after using denoise. I would like this effect on all clips, start render and walk away for coffee. I cannot do that. The program will run out of RAM very quickly. Even with 32Gb RAM I cannot do 'Render Sequence".

Is there a workaround?
        there is no workaround at this stage since this is a reported and unfixed bug

however, you could install EDIUS 7 on the same PC and overcome the issue for the time being (if you have a 7 serial)
        Anton Strauss
        Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

Is there a workaround?
          I just did a 32min Shift+Q render of 9 clips with the Particle effect set to the highest settings. The original Ignite does not have Denoise, but I feel the particle effect is a more that suitable replacement.

During the render, the highest percentage of use was 19%. That is 6gb out of 31.9 available. During the render, when the reading was at 18%, I went online and that only ticked it up up to 19%. In comparison when just using Windows 10 and task manager, it is 3.0gb out of 31.9gb used.

By the way, I just loaded Ignite Pro 2017 and I don't see the Denoise option. The only option showing is Video Cleanup (Can you please post a screen shot of it installed).
          Ignite Grain Removal.png
          However, it shows in After Effects.
          Jerry
          Six Gill DV
          www.sgdvtutorials.com

Vistitle YouTube Channel

Main System:: Azrock Z97 Extreme 6, [email protected], 32gb ram, NZXT Z63, Win10 Pro 64, Samsung 850 pro, E7.5/8.5/E9 on separate SSD drives, 2TB Sabrent M.2 NVME, BM MINI MONITOR 4K, 12tb RAID 0 on backplane ,2 BD, Dual LG 27GK65S-B 144Hz monitors, GTX 1080ti SC Black.
          Second System: EditHD Ultimax-i7, X58, [email protected], Corsair H80, Win764, 24gb ram, Storm 3g, Samsung 840 Pro 256, 4tb and 6tb RAID 0 on backplane, GTX 980ti Classified, Edius 9, Apple 30", Samsung 24", dual BD.

Comment

Hello Jerry,

Thanks for your response.
            When I look in the effectspalet under 'Ignite Video Clean up' I see 'Ignite Denoise' and 'Ignite Wire Removal' I think you looked under 'Hitfilm Video Cleanup'

Thanks Anton. Good to hear it is a known bug. I hope they will fix it soon. It is a nice effect.

Comment

Hello Jerry,

Thanks for your response.
              When I look in the effectspalet under 'Ignite Video Clean up' I see 'Ignite Denoise' and 'Ignite Wire Removal' I think you looked under 'Hitfilm Video Cleanup'

Thanks Anton. Good to hear it is a known bug. I hope they will fix it soon. It is a nice effect.
              I just have a folder named 'Hitfilm.' That's why it says Hitfilm Video Clean-Up and then Ignite Grain Removal.

I've contacted FXHome about this.
              Jerry
              Six Gill DV
              www.sgdvtutorials.com

Vistitle YouTube Channel

Comment

Interesting, I have found the same using NEAT 4.5 if there are a lot of clips needing noise reduction
                This just happened with some 50p footage I was given in a 50p project where approx every other clip needs correction
                Memory usage just keeps rising till fail
                Really bad footage where nearly every clip is grainy due to bad filming after correcting I exported 10 min segments to HQ and memory went to 70% each time but cleared after each export and allowed the next section to be exported

The same happened using Ctrl+Q to render except doing it this way I was able to complete the render only by doing short renders, but by the time I was three quarters through memory usage had risen to 90% and Edius was closed down by widows, luckily I saved after each render and restarting and rendering from the last point sucdeeded
                The other problem doing it this way with Ctrl+Q is that next time the timeline is played the memory usage increases and does not reset during a stop

When Edius failed Windows occasionally reported Nvidea driver failed to load, so was tied up with NEAT
                Not sure if this is a memory leak from Edius or NEAT
                Win 10HP, EDIUS WG9.4, HD Spark, Boris RED 5, VMW6, Authorworks 6, Bluff Titler, VisTitler 2.8, NEAT 3/4, Mercalli 2/4, Vitascene, Izotope RX6 Plugin, NewBlue, Trend Micro AV
                GB GA-X58A-UD3R MB, i7 [email protected], 12G 1600mhz Mem, Samsung EVO-250G SSD, 3x2T RAID, GTX 970W OC, 2x24 inch LG Monitors
                Canon XH-A1/ Canon HF-G30, GoPro Hero3 Black, Edit @1920 50p HQ preset

https://vimeo.com/user2157719/videos
                Laptop ASUS G752VT-GC060T Win 10HP, Edius WG8.53 Samsung M2 SSD 256G+1Tb HD,

Comment

I only need to use the new Primary Color correction filter and I can make EDIUS8 run out of memory and crash when rendering

apparently the above only happens in Win7?
                  Anton Strauss

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

Interesting Anton
                    I have the Primary Color Corrector on a lot of clips as well

Regards Barry
                    Win 10HP, EDIUS WG9.4, HD Spark, Boris RED 5, VMW6, Authorworks 6, Bluff Titler, VisTitler 2.8, NEAT 3/4, Mercalli 2/4, Vitascene, Izotope RX6 Plugin, NewBlue, Trend Micro AV
                    GB GA-X58A-UD3R MB, i7 [email protected], 12G 1600mhz Mem, Samsung EVO-250G SSD, 3x2T RAID, GTX 970W OC, 2x24 inch LG Monitors

Comment

Originally posted by Bluetongue View Post
                      Interesting Anton
                      I have the Primary Color Corrector on a lot of clips as well

Regards Barry
                      since you have Win10, the memory leak caused by PCC may not apply to you
                      Anton Strauss

Comment

Hi Anton
                        Tried by removing Primary Color Corrector from a copy of the timeline and it made no difference and clearing most of NEAT made a difference
                        Don't remember this happening with version 4, maybe replace the current version and try may work, I will give it a try, but never had to use NEAT so intensively before
                        Regards Barry

Comment

@Jerry,

After a clean install and buying also Hitfilm Pro (previously I only had Ignite) I also have only Hitfilm effects in my effects pallet. I seem to have lost the Ignite effects (and Denoise)

You said you contacted FXhome. What did they say? Did they have a solution?

Chris

Comment

When I installed Ignite Pro 2017 the same effects in both listed properly. The newer effects in Ignite Pro 2017, actually were installed in a different location in my effects palette. I didn't notice that until later.

Check your effects palette for another set of Ignite effects. One set might say Hitfilm and the other set might say Ignite.

Could you post a screen shot of your entire effects palette and of your plugin folder.
                            Jerry
                            Six Gill DV
                            www.sgdvtutorials.com

Vistitle YouTube Channel

Comment

Hi Jerry,

Thanks for answering.

No sreenshot yet. I just heared they gave me old (2016)installers instead of the installers for 2017 versions. They did give me the serials for the 2017-versions.
                              So, I installed the old versions and had trouble getting them activated (right serial, wrong software). Direct registering at the FXHome website went o.k. Activating the software did not work and that made it just a trial-version.
                              I will to uninstall the old versions and download and install the new versions. I guess I will see the right effects after installing the 2017 versions.

Work to do this evening.

UPDATE 16 march: I downloaded the correct installers, installed, registered and now I see all the effects (including Denoise). Finally.

Chris
                              Last edited by Cobra427; 03-16-2017, 10:39 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X