Vistitle workaround?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vistitle workaround?

I'm trying to create a roll in vistitle2 where there is some simple animation. E.g. Certain lines fade in etc. When you create a vistitle roll the animation parameters are not available. Is there any sort of workaround for this.
    Alan.

More or less retired now. Still on the Essex(UK) coast. Edius 8.2wg all sorts of other, more or less redundant kit - production & Post.

They are all available from both the expanded track and RH panel.

Comment

When I convert the title to a roll Dave the twirly arrows disappear on the text bars in the timeline and it looks like I loose the animation capability. VisTitle 2.6
      Alan.

More or less retired now. Still on the Essex(UK) coast. Edius 8.2wg all sorts of other, more or less redundant kit - production & Post.

Comment

Take a look here
        Attached Files

Comment

Animation is not available within the official scroll mode.
          If you have added animation to a title in normal mode, this will be removed in the official scroll mode. Also, if you have added a video to the scroll, it will not play, but the first frame will show as a still.

Now, you can manually create a scroll with translate. This will allow animation and video to play within a 'scroll' type movement.
          Depending on the length of your scroll, this procedure could take some time.

On the other hand, if you create your main scroll, leaving areas open to insert your animations, you could then create the animation portion as a separate project.
          Just overlay the new project at the open area of the original scroll.
          You would then match the scroll speed of the original.
          Once you have the matching speed setting, any other animations should be easy.
          Here's a quick example.
          animation in scroll.mp4

In this clip, I just added a video to the pre-existing test scroll.
          video insert.mp4

You also have the option to create the title with the FX applied within Edius and animate the scroll movement with layouter.
          You did ask for workarounds :)
          Last edited by Jerry; 02-08-2017, 06:26 PM.
          Jerry
          Six Gill DV
          www.sgdvtutorials.com
          If you own the Tutorials and you need help, PM me.

Vistitle YouTube Channel
          https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMVlxC8Am4qFbkXJRoPAnMQ/videos

Windows 10 Pro up to v.1803 Tweaks for Edius Users
          http://sgdvtutorials.com/WIN%2010%20...%20V.2.0.0.pdf

Main System:: Azrock Z97 Extreme 6, [email protected], 32gb ram, NZXT Z63, Win10 Pro 64, Samsung 850 pro, E7.5/8.5/E9 on separate SSD drives, 2TB Sabrent M.2 NVME, BM MINI MONITOR 4K, 12tb RAID 0 on backplane ,2 BD, Dual LG 27GK65S-B 144Hz monitors, GTX 1080ti SC Black.
          Second System: EditHD Ultimax-i7, X58, [email protected], Corsair H80, Win764, 24gb ram, Storm 3g, Samsung 840 Pro 256, 4tb and 6tb RAID 0 on backplane, GTX 980ti Classified, Edius 9, Apple 30", Samsung 24", dual BD.

Comment

I misunderstood and thought that Alan was referring to modifying a page turn. (his other thread) However why not put the animated title into it's own sequence on a green background - make a new file take it back into VT. Key the VT file.

Comment

Phew Dave that sounds intimidating. Yes sorry the page curl was a different problem.

So Jerry, I assume you'd have to make a custom title 1920 x xxxx and then use layouter to scroll up. I did use this with some success. Thanks'
              Alan.

Comment

Alan, did you buy the tutorials? There is a section showing how to do this. In the Scroll and Crawl starting a 25;30, it will show you a simple way to do the scroll, which leaves the effects track available.
                Jerry
                Six Gill DV
                www.sgdvtutorials.com

Vistitle YouTube Channel

Main System:: Azrock Z97 Extreme 6, [email protected], 32gb ram, NZXT Z63, Win10 Pro 64, Samsung 850 pro, E7.5/8.5/E9 on separate SSD drives, 2TB Sabrent M.2 NVME, BM MINI MONITOR 4K, 12tb RAID 0 on backplane ,2 BD, Dual LG 27GK65S-B 144Hz monitors, GTX 1080ti SC Black.
                Second System: EditHD Ultimax-i7, X58, [email protected], Corsair H80, Win764, 24gb ram, Storm 3g, Samsung 840 Pro 256, 4tb and 6tb RAID 0 on backplane, GTX 980ti Classified, Edius 9, Apple 30", Samsung 24", dual BD.

Comment

Many thanks to both of you. All sorted now. I'll be getting the tutorials Jerry, there's a lot more to VisTitle than I appreciate.
                  Alan.

Comment

They are available by download now. You can get them through David Clarke at DVC.
                    The tutorials go from the very basics up.
                    Last edited by Jerry; 02-09-2017, 07:07 PM.
                    Jerry
                    Six Gill DV
                    www.sgdvtutorials.com

Vistitle YouTube Channel

Comment

Highly recommended.

Comment

Thanks David.
                        Jerry
                        Six Gill DV
                        www.sgdvtutorials.com

Vistitle YouTube Channel

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry View Post
                          They are available by download now. You can get them through David.
                          The tutorials go from the very basics up.
                          Do you mean David Clarke of DVC?
                          Edius 8.53WG, Vistitle 2.8, Windows 10 x64 Pro Fall Update, Asus Z87 Pro, Intel i7-4770K, 16 GB 1600 Corsair Vengence LP RAM, Samsung 840 Pro SSD 256GB, WD Black 2TB media drive, Intel HD 4600 GPU, MSI GTX660 2GB VGA, Coolermaster Silencio 652 case, Noctua NH-U12S CPU cooler, Cakewalk UA-25EX USB audio interface, Cakewalk MA-15D monitor speakers, BM Intensity Pro 4K, PlextorPX-LB950SA BD writer, Dell U2410 Monitor

Comment

Originally posted by John Hooper View Post
                            Do you mean David Clarke of DVC?
                            Yes he does.

Comment

Originally posted by DigitalDave View Post
                              Yes he does.
                              I thought I would ask in case anyone else reading this thread thought Jerry meant you :)
                              Edius 8.53WG, Vistitle 2.8, Windows 10 x64 Pro Fall Update, Asus Z87 Pro, Intel i7-4770K, 16 GB 1600 Corsair Vengence LP RAM, Samsung 840 Pro SSD 256GB, WD Black 2TB media drive, Intel HD 4600 GPU, MSI GTX660 2GB VGA, Coolermaster Silencio 652 case, Noctua NH-U12S CPU cooler, Cakewalk UA-25EX USB audio interface, Cakewalk MA-15D monitor speakers, BM Intensity Pro 4K, PlextorPX-LB950SA BD writer, Dell U2410 Monitor

Comment

Working...
                              X