Concerning LUTs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Concerning LUTs

I have plenty of free Luts downloaded from internet just to test them....But all of them are for slog/vlog etc to REC 709. So I was wondering.....is there anyway to convert rec709 to slog and then apply a lut? The footage that they give me is always the profile of each camera, for example footage from Sony A7s. But it is in neutral profile so its NOT slog2. So how can I make the rec709 look like slog and then try to apply some Luts?
    I know that Lut is only a starting point.I know its not a final filter that will give me a different look. I know that every Lut can be achived within Edius as well. I just want to try to understand the way rec709 can look like slog2 or any other flat profile.
    Thank you
    I5 4690 CPU
    MOTHERBORAD GIGABYTE GA-Z97-HD3
    RAM 8GB [email protected]
    AMD RADEON HD 6800
    2X2TB WD CAVIAR BLACK (RAID 1)
    2X2TB WD CAVIAR GREEN (BACKUP)
    1 OCZ SSD 128GB
    Windows 7
    Edius 9&8 Workgroup

Thank you for your reply. I just try to find a way to give a different look to the image. The footage they give me is not nice. it is always over saturated, a lot of contrast and I have difficulties in color grading. it is 4.2.0 , 8 bit, badly recorded and if for example I try to desaturate it then image looks like "mud" or people look like they are zombies.
    I5 4690 CPU
    MOTHERBORAD GIGABYTE GA-Z97-HD3
    RAM 8GB [email protected]
    AMD RADEON HD 6800
    2X2TB WD CAVIAR BLACK (RAID 1)
    2X2TB WD CAVIAR GREEN (BACKUP)
    1 OCZ SSD 128GB
    Windows 7
    Edius 9&8 Workgroup

Comment

Working...
    X