Hitfilm Pro 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hitfilm Pro 2017

Just noticed this product with an upgrade special until Jan 31st.

FXhome is the ultimate toolkit for your creative projects. Intuitive video, image and VFX editing software, and the biggest library of visual effects.

142 of 158 plugins compatible with Edius 8.

Previous thread was generally positive about last version in Edius with comments that it worked faster in AE (plus more plugins worked). So, I guess, a bonus if you have the two products!

Also have noted some issues re compatibility with NewBlue Tilter Pro 5 and previous version.

Anyone used this version yet?

Jim
    Last edited by Jim N; 01-27-2017, 06:18 AM.

I have both, although I have not done too much with the 2017 version since I got it. I have not noticed a huge difference with the plug-ins compared to the previous versions, although they all still work and I find them very useful.

I did have an error on one machine where I opened a project which had been edited on a different computer and it would crash every time. The problem turns out that I had different versions of the Ignite plug-ins the two computers. The original computer had the latest version and the crashing computer had a slightly older version. Updating the plug-in on the crashing computer solved this. I only mention it here in case someone else has this problem.
    EDIUS silver certified trainer.
    Main edit laptop: DVC Kaby Lake desktop processor laptop, 32GB RAM, 3.5Ghz i5 desktop processor, nVidia 1060, Windows 10.
    Desktop: 4Ghz 9900K processor, 32GB RAM, nVidia 1660TI GPU, Windows 10.
    Desktop: 2Ghz 12 core Xeon processor, 32GB RAM, nVidia 1060, BM Intensity Pro, Windows 10

Comment

There is an issue with Hitfilm Ignite/Hitfilm Ignite 2017 and New Blue Titler Pro TP4/TP5
      New Blue has updates for TP5 and the OFX bridge. There was a conflict between these two items within Edius. With the latest updates, the issues have been resolved.
      Unfortunately, the Hitfilm side of things hasn't been resolved.
      If you have TP5 installed, you have to decide whether the Hitfilm deal is worth purchasing now, or waiting.

I would contact Hitfilm and ask them if they have a fix for the incompatibility within Edius between Hitfilm Ignite(2017) and New Blue Titler Pro 5 before purchasing.
      Jerry
      Six Gill DV

If you own the Tutorials and you need help, PM me.

Vistitle YouTube Channel
      https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMVlxC8Am4qFbkXJRoPAnMQ/videos

Main System:: Azrock Z97 Extreme 6, [email protected], 32gb ram, NZXT Z63, Win10 Pro 64, Samsung 850 pro, E7.5/8.5/E9 on separate SSD drives, 2TB Sabrent M.2 NVME, BM MINI MONITOR 4K, 12tb RAID 0 on backplane ,2 BD, Dual LG 27GK65S-B 144Hz monitors, GTX 1080ti SC Black.
      Second System: EditHD Ultimax-i7, X58, [email protected], Corsair H80, Win764, 24gb ram, Storm 3g, Samsung 840 Pro 256, 4tb and 6tb RAID 0 on backplane, GTX 980ti Classified, Edius 9, Apple 30", Samsung 24", dual BD.

Comment

I hope I may ask this in this tread.
        I am looking at Ignite 2017. Some effects can be done with the tools that are already in Edius. Is Ignite 2017 really benefitial, does it really give something extra?

Chris
        System: Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro, Win10, i9 9900K, 16 Gb RAM 3200MHz, M2 SSD 250Gb for OS and Edius, M2 SSD 500Gb for projectfiles, several HDD for archieving, dual screen Benq PD2700U, GTX1070, Corsair H115i Watercooling, E9.5WG, Mercalli V4, TPMG Authoring Works 5, Davinci Resolve, Sony fdr-ax700

Comment

I have Ignite and it does some nice things, but it isn't real time. There are some very nice effects that can add that 'pop' to your video. There are a lot of effects for the price. The nice thing though, is that when Ignite or Ignite Pro 2017 is installed into Edius it also installs into AE. I see that you do have AE.

I actually prefer using it in AE. The controls are more robust in AE as compared with Edius.

I tried Hitfilm Pro 2017 and as far as I can tell, nothing is installed into Edius.

I've updated this to be a little clearer on the product.
          Last edited by Jerry; 02-04-2017, 02:31 PM.
          Jerry
          Six Gill DV

Vistitle YouTube Channel

Main System:: Azrock Z97 Extreme 6, [email protected], 32gb ram, NZXT Z63, Win10 Pro 64, Samsung 850 pro, E7.5/8.5/E9 on separate SSD drives, 2TB Sabrent M.2 NVME, BM MINI MONITOR 4K, 12tb RAID 0 on backplane ,2 BD, Dual LG 27GK65S-B 144Hz monitors, GTX 1080ti SC Black.
          Second System: EditHD Ultimax-i7, X58, [email protected], Corsair H80, Win764, 24gb ram, Storm 3g, Samsung 840 Pro 256, 4tb and 6tb RAID 0 on backplane, GTX 980ti Classified, Edius 9, Apple 30", Samsung 24", dual BD.

Comment

Are you talking about Hitfilm Pro itself or about the ignite plugins? I actually like both. If you don't have or want to get rid of the Adobe rental program, HFP is an alternative to a lot of things you might do in AE.

AFA the ignite plugins, yes there are some things in there that we cannot do with other plugins. It just depends on whether they are something you need/want for your particular workflow.
            1: 3970X Threadripper, Asus ROG Strix TR40 E Gaming, G. Skill Trident Z Neo 128G DDR4 3600, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080Ti, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 1T, Intel 660P M.2 2T (2), Seagate Ironwolf NAS 12T, Enermax TR4 360 AIO, Lian Li 011 DXL, AJA Kona 4, Asus ROG Thor 1200

2: i7 6950X OC to 4.5GHz, ASUS RAMPAGE V EDITION 10, Corsair Dominator Platinum 64G DDR4 2800, SAMSUNG 950 PRO M.2 512G, GeForce GTX 1080ti SC Black, Corsair AX1200i, Phanteks Luxe, 16T RAID HGST Deskstar NAS 4T, Corsair H115i AIO, BM IP 4K

Comment

sorry but I downloaded the latest trial of hit films pro 2017
              in edius8 I do not see the effects of what should be?
              In ofx I see only mocha in MediaCore anyone?
              Someone said that Hitfilm pro in 2017 also installs the effects?

Comment

Hitfilm and igniter are two different installers. The Ignite plug-ins are the one which appears in EDIUS, HitFilm is a standalone compositor. So you need to download the trial of Ignite.

When you buy HitFilm you get a licence for both. Or you can just buy Ignite. They show up as native EDIUS filters, not in the OFX bridge.

They just released an update which says it fixes the problem of Ignite and NewBlue products installed at the same time causing problems.
                Main edit laptop: DVC Kaby Lake desktop processor laptop, 32GB RAM, 3.5Ghz i5 desktop processor, nVidia 1060, Windows 10.
                Desktop: 2Ghz 12 core Xeon processor, 32GB RAM, nVidia 1060, BM Intensity Pro, Windows 10

Comment

The fix is only available for Ignite Pro 2017.
                  Jerry
                  Six Gill DV

Vistitle YouTube Channel

Comment

Does anyone know if Hit film pro can output through a card to an external monitor, not computer but TV monitor, not graphics card but dedicated video card such as Black magic?

Can't find anything that states this on their website, says 8k capable, not much use offering grading if it only runs on a PC monitor

Paul :-)
                    Edius Edits at: http://www.vimeo.com/user781619/videos

1) AMD 3900X 12 core 4.6Ghz 2) Asus X79 4930K 6 core @4.4GHz Water Cooled. 480GB REVO3x2 System drive, 4TB Raid 0, 4 TB E-Sata Raid 5, 32GB RAM, GTX1070Ti Decklink HD Extreme. 3X Sony AX53 Sony AX700 BMPCC 4K

http://indiestereographer.blogspot.co.uk

Comment

I am pretty sure it can't. The latest version lets you go full screen on a computer monitor I believe.

Comment

Working...
                      X