4k display-friendly Vistitle?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4k display-friendly Vistitle?

I was more than pleased to see Edius 8.3 drop the same week as my 4k monitor arrived. Opening Vistitle, however, made me a bit concerned. Does anyone know if Vistitle is still seeing active development? Is there a list of high dpi-friendly plugins that someone might have compiled at some point?
    2950X 32GB Win10, Gigabyte GTX 970 (IXOC), dual EA275UHD, QNAP 873 (w/10GbE). Video source typically HC-X1 or Panny TM700; Audio DR-701D and Rode NT4. Edius 8.5 WG w/ Vistitle & TmpGenC.

Vistitle has been contacted concerning this. They are not the only 3rd party developers dealing with scaling issues.
    Jerry
    Six Gill DV
    www.sgdvtutorials.com
    If you own the Tutorials and you need help, PM me.

Vistitle YouTube Channel
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMVlxC8Am4qFbkXJRoPAnMQ/videos

Windows 10 Pro up to v.1803 Tweaks for Edius Users
    http://sgdvtutorials.com/WIN%2010%20...%20V.2.0.0.pdf

Main System:: Azrock Z97 Extreme 6, [email protected], 32gb ram, NZXT Z63, Win10 Pro 64, Samsung 850 pro, E7.5/8.5/E9 on separate SSD drives, 2TB Sabrent M.2 NVME, BM MINI MONITOR 4K, 12tb RAID 0 on backplane ,2 BD, Dual LG 27GK65S-B 144Hz monitors, GTX 1080ti SC Black.
    Second System: EditHD Ultimax-i7, X58, [email protected], Corsair H80, Win764, 24gb ram, Storm 3g, Samsung 840 Pro 256, 4tb and 6tb RAID 0 on backplane, GTX 980ti Classified, Edius 9, Apple 30", Samsung 24", dual BD.

Comment

can someone explain the point of using a 4k mon for a PC and then scaling to 300%

this sounds crazy to me

I stick with my 2560x1600 at 100% scaling, crystal clear all the way and all plugins are just fine
      Anton Strauss
      Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

Originally posted by antonsvideo View Post
        can someone explain the point of using a 4k mon for a PC and then scaling to 300%
        Yeah, well, 300% would be silly, I guess. I'm actually planning to run them at 150% (and am currently running it at 125%). If you figured that a good resolution was similar to the 300 dpi that you generally print documents at, you might wind up with a different answer, though. For me, I want a 4k monitor so I can monitor 4k footage, and it just makes sense to run both monitors at the same resolution :shrug:

I stick with my 2560x1600 at 100% scaling, crystal clear all the way and all plugins are just fine
        Yes, at the tiny-font settings that programs on Windows generally run with, 2560x1600 would be a more appropriate resolution. Oddly, our phones seem to deal better with resolution independent interfaces than our computers.
        2950X 32GB Win10, Gigabyte GTX 970 (IXOC), dual EA275UHD, QNAP 873 (w/10GbE). Video source typically HC-X1 or Panny TM700; Audio DR-701D and Rode NT4. Edius 8.5 WG w/ Vistitle & TmpGenC.

Comment

I would allow another 2-3 years before most software is compatible with scaling to 4k

I would use a 4k TV connected to a dedicated 4k output card such as BM for just video viewing and keep smaller res mon for PC desktop
          Anton Strauss

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

Originally posted by antonsvideo View Post
            I would allow another 2-3 years before most software is compatible with scaling to 4k
            As a software guy, I find it mind-boggling that it would take two years to deal with a change in resolution. You're right, but it's no less mind-boggling. Too much UI talent on web development nowadays, I guess.

I would use a 4k TV connected to a dedicated 4k output card such as BM for just video viewing and keep smaller res mon for PC desktop
            Nope, not unless GV wants to let me run 4k60p that way. Really, it's okay too, because I don't have the physical space for a fourth monitor. I just got done suspending the 23" HDMI/Component monitor on a swing arm so that it can live snug up under the shelves holding the legacy playback machines. As long as I'm running one of my two desktops at 4k, it makes sense to run 'em both that way*.

But, if you'd prefer, think of me as one of the sacrificial front-runners that live life at the bleeding edge so you don't have to :)

-Dave

* If I was running Win10, I might have experimented with running two different monitors at different DPIs. I could have run a 1440p 27" next to the 4k 27" @ 150%, but I haven't seen how well that sort of display mixing works in practice. The computer is getting upgraded early next year, though, so :shrug: Sometimes it's just a matter of timing.

Comment

you will need to give lots of money to GV to view 4k 60p, but it is possible
              Anton Strauss

Comment

I bought a 4k monitor Ovivo 55" for my editing computers because Edius 8 interface was optimized for a 4k monitor, I had to switch back to a HD 55" monitor Vizio because I had issues with the movement of the mouse on the screen, the mouse moved slow even though I tried all kinds of mouse.I use a Iogear 4 port DVI switcher so all my editing computers use one monitor. I even hooked a mouse directly to the 4k monitor but the movement of the mouse was hell for me. So I am back to a HD monitor. I also tried different scaling but no luck.
                Win10 Pro64, EDIUS X Workgroup, Intel i9 10900K @3.7GHz/ ,Asus ROG STRIX Z490-E GAMING Motherboard, Memory G-Ripsaw 32GB 2 x 16GB ,Hard Drives all SSD M2 type 2 Samsung 960 EVO 500 GB, 2 Samsung 1TB SSD, Storage: File Storage : External drive 5TB and Blackmagic Multi Dock with 4 Sandisk 2 TB, Nvidia GeForce RTX 2060 8GB , Sony PMW-EX1R, Sony PXW-Z150.Vistitle, Newblue Titler Pro 7 Ultimate, Neat Video, Proshow Producer 9, TMPGEnc Movie Plug-in AVC for EDIUS.

Comment

I'm pretty sure the Ovivo 55 is a TV not a monitor and even though they claim 120Hz it actually runs at 30 which is why you get the jerkiness. I've seen others have the same problem. Did you check in display settings to see what refresh rate Windows was assigning to the screen?
                  DVC Built Clevo P775DM3-G Laptop with UHD screen, 7700K [email protected], Geforce GTX 1060 6GB GPU, 500GB M.2 Primary, 1x 480GB SSD, 1x1TB M.2, 1x 2TB 5400RPM Video drives, external Blu-ray Optical

Comment

It was 30Hz, So how would I know which 4k 55" monitor would work for Edius?
                    Win10 Pro64, EDIUS X Workgroup, Intel i9 10900K @3.7GHz/ ,Asus ROG STRIX Z490-E GAMING Motherboard, Memory G-Ripsaw 32GB 2 x 16GB ,Hard Drives all SSD M2 type 2 Samsung 960 EVO 500 GB, 2 Samsung 1TB SSD, Storage: File Storage : External drive 5TB and Blackmagic Multi Dock with 4 Sandisk 2 TB, Nvidia GeForce RTX 2060 8GB , Sony PMW-EX1R, Sony PXW-Z150.Vistitle, Newblue Titler Pro 7 Ultimate, Neat Video, Proshow Producer 9, TMPGEnc Movie Plug-in AVC for EDIUS.

Comment

Either buy a proper computer monitor, or if you are looking at buying a TV check the manual to see if it does 60Hz when connected to a PC
                      DVC Built Clevo P775DM3-G Laptop with UHD screen, 7700K [email protected], Geforce GTX 1060 6GB GPU, 500GB M.2 Primary, 1x 480GB SSD, 1x1TB M.2, 1x 2TB 5400RPM Video drives, external Blu-ray Optical

Comment

Originally posted by oswaldbobb View Post
                        It was 30Hz, So how would I know which 4k 55" monitor would work for Edius?
                        Adbear isn't wrong. You should expect that this won't be an easy thing to accomplish given that there aren't many 55" monitors in the world, and TVs often run at lower refresh rates.

One thing to check for is the existence of an HDMI 2.0 port. TVs don't generally have DisplayPort connections, and HDMI 2.0 is required if you want to view 4k60p over HDMI. Generally, if they don't specify, assume it's an older 1.4 port. So, if you're looking for a *TV*, look for HDMI 2.0 -- sporting an HDMI 2.0 port may not be sufficient, but it's probably a decent indicator that it can at least accept a 4k60p stream. Whether it will display it well or properly is another matter entirely.

[Ed: I'd also add that your videocard has to be able to output signal over HDMI 2.0 as well -- older cards don't.]

My other suggestion would be to start a thread of your own with a more suitable title. I don't mind the topic drift at all as Jerry has already addressed my main point and I've happily participated in the drift, but you might get more responses from others if you ask them which 4k monitors people are using, rather than restricting the pool of people to those who use Vistitle in 4k.

My (work) experience with really large monitors tells me that I tend to ignore the top and bottom sixth of the screen, so I can't help with a 55", but a coworker of mine uses one of these at his home: http://www.seiki.com/content/40-sm40unp-4k-monitor That said, we're programmers, not videographers, and I haven't seen it myself, so, definitely do some research first. Hope that helps!

Comment

Thanks, Sorry for the drift.

Comment

Originally posted by oswaldbobb View Post
                            Thanks, Sorry for the drift.
                            I don't think you're the one that started it, and I don't mind regardless, just trying to get your question in front of the largest audience possible!

Comment

Working...
                            X