Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• trying to bridge rx to edius 8

hi guys,

I am simply trying to bridge rx plug-in pack trial version (like a light version of rx5) into edius 8.22.

I have tried every option including the obvious settings>system settings>vst plugin bridge>
    Then I will point to c>program files(x86)steinberg>vst plugins.

i have checked and can see the rx 5 files in that folder ..but nothing.

I restart and there is no rx5 audio filters in edius 8 folder.

please help

Originally posted by Brookes View Post
    hi guys,

I am simply trying to bridge rx plug-in pack trial version (like a light version of rx5) into edius 8.22.

I have tried every option including the obvious settings>system settings>vst plugin bridge>
    Then I will point to c>program files(x86)steinberg>vst plugins.

i have checked and can see the rx 5 files in that folder ..but nothing.

I restart and there is no rx5 audio filters in edius 8 folder.

please help
    that won't work because x86 is the 32bit installation, you need the 64bit found in program files......
    Anton Strauss
    Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

Hi anton

Still having no luck. I have now installed rx5 trial and simply trying to vst plug in bridge c-program files-steinberg- vst and no luck.

What on earth am I doing wrong...is it because its trial.

Thanks mate

Comment

after you set the path to VST, you must restart before you see it in EDIUS

I use RX3 so I am not sure if RX5 will actually work?
        Anton Strauss

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

Hi Anton,
          Yes I have done that...I have tried everything..gee wiz.

I keep linking vst....could it be its a trial version..hmm..doubt it heh.

I am open to ideas..I have exhausted all mine

I just read you last comment, "not sure if rx5 works"
          The thought crossed my mind too..there seems to be no support on there website for plugin but grassvalley say on there site that it's supported.

Its a standalone product as well however I really would love to have plugin for small jobs.

Comment

do you see the installed VST in windows explorer?

there should be many dll files, see attached
            Attached Files
            Anton Strauss

Comment

Indeed

Many dll files

Comment

Got it Anton.

Thank you sir. The folder labelled effects has appeared under the audio filter folder.

Cheers. Have a great day.

Rob

Comment

Yes, RX5 does work and quite well for that matter.
                  Here is a screen shot of my path and the folder:
                  RX 5 location.png
                  Jerry
                  Six Gill DV
                  www.sgdvtutorials.com
                  If you own the Tutorials and you need help, PM me.

Vistitle YouTube Channel
                  https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMVlxC8Am4qFbkXJRoPAnMQ/videos

Windows 10 Pro up to v.1803 Tweaks for Edius Users
                  http://sgdvtutorials.com/WIN%2010%20...%20V.2.0.0.pdf

Main System:: Azrock Z97 Extreme 6, [email protected], 32gb ram, NZXT Z63, Win10 Pro 64, Samsung 850 pro, E7.5/8.5/E9 on separate SSD drives, 2TB Sabrent M.2 NVME, BM MINI MONITOR 4K, 12tb RAID 0 on backplane ,2 BD, Dual LG 27GK65S-B 144Hz monitors, GTX 1080ti SC Black.
                  Second System: EditHD Ultimax-i7, X58, [email protected], Corsair H80, Win764, 24gb ram, Storm 3g, Samsung 840 Pro 256, 4tb and 6tb RAID 0 on backplane, GTX 980ti Classified, Edius 9, Apple 30", Samsung 24", dual BD.

Comment

Thanks jerry.

Liked the old rx3 so 5 should be sweet.

Cheers again

Comment

Working...
                    X