No announcement yet.

Huge Disapointment with NewBlue FX Titler 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First off, what is your version number? Which version? TP4, TP4 Elite, or TP4 Ultimate. Project settings?

The background capability is being able to see the clip underneath the title show through in the TP GUI.

I'm still using a GTX 780 and I get real time with my i7 4790k. There has to be something wrong with the settings or install of the program.
    What is the processor speed? Your 980ti should smoke these titles.

Could you list all of your system specs, including power supply power and rating.

Try this:

1. Make a new title and have it render within the TP4 GUI
    2. Make sure nothing is underneath of the clip and play it

Will this title play now?

If not, try this. Let it play through one time stuttering. After it finishes, play it again.
    Does it play RT now?

If not, I would contact NB support.
    Last edited by Jerry; 01-12-2016, 05:11 PM.
    Jerry
    Six Gill DV
    www.sgdvtutorials.com
    If you own the Tutorials and you need help, PM me.

Vistitle YouTube Channel
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMVlxC8Am4qFbkXJRoPAnMQ/videos

Windows 10 Pro up to v.1803 Tweaks for Edius Users
    http://sgdvtutorials.com/WIN%2010%20...%20V.2.0.0.pdf

Main System:: Azrock Z97 Extreme 6, [email protected], 32gb ram, NZXT Z63, Win10 Pro 64, Samsung 850 pro, E7.5/8.5/E9 on separate SSD drives, 2TB Sabrent M.2 NVME, BM MINI MONITOR 4K, 12tb RAID 0 on backplane ,2 BD, Dual LG 27GK65S-B 144Hz monitors, GTX 1080ti SC Black.
    Second System: EditHD Ultimax-i7, X58, [email protected], Corsair H80, Win764, 24gb ram, Storm 3g, Samsung 840 Pro 256, 4tb and 6tb RAID 0 on backplane, GTX 980ti Classified, Edius 9, Apple 30", Samsung 24", dual BD.

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry View Post
      First off, what is your version number? Which version? TP4, TP4 Elite, or TP4 Ultimate. Project settings?

The background capability is being able to see the clip underneath the title show through in the TP GUI.

I'm still using a GTX 780 and I get real time with my i7 4790k. There has to be something wrong with the settings or install of the program.
      What is the processor speed? Your 980ti should smoke these titles.

Could you list all of your system specs, including power supply power and rating.

Try this:

1. Make a new title and have it render within the TP4 GUI
      2. Make sure nothing is underneath of the clip and play it

Will this title play now?

If not, try this. Let it play through one time stuttering. After it finishes, play it again.
      Does it play RT now?

If not, I would contact NB support.
      Hi Jerry,

My processor is an i7 X980 @ 3.33GHz, Power supply is 1200W Titler Pro 4 Ultimate v4.0.151002

I've tried just about every different combination of software setup (buffer sizes, 1 monitor, no preview monitor, etc..) but I just can't get good playback speeds?

There have been several emails back and forth between support, the last one I sent them a copy of the install logs for the software but I never heard anything back?

Pretty frustrating.

I run 2-off 4k monitors and a Blackmagic card for output, but like I said I've tried disabling the output card, just running 1 monitor etc... but still rubbish playback speed.

Also tried running it on a laptop and still the same poor performance.

Bryan

Comment

Ok, I just loaded FX3 and TP4 onto my second machine that has a 980x, GTX 570, and 24gb installed. I wanted to make sure before I commented on anything.
        FX3 doesn't play real time on this system. That I believe is due to the GTX 570. My 4790k with the GTX 780 does. TP4 Ultimate will play in real time once TP4 returns to the Edius timeline post render.

This looks like something on your end rather than the program. I'm using a lesser powered GPU than yours and I get real time playback after the cache cycle runs.
        Check your system settings and the install of TP4. You might even try uninstalling and re-installing TP4.

Are you sure it is cycling through the cache process correctly? Are you sure you have it selected to cache?

Check those items.
        Jerry
        Six Gill DV
        www.sgdvtutorials.com

Vistitle YouTube Channel

Main System:: Azrock Z97 Extreme 6, [email protected], 32gb ram, NZXT Z63, Win10 Pro 64, Samsung 850 pro, E7.5/8.5/E9 on separate SSD drives, 2TB Sabrent M.2 NVME, BM MINI MONITOR 4K, 12tb RAID 0 on backplane ,2 BD, Dual LG 27GK65S-B 144Hz monitors, GTX 1080ti SC Black.
        Second System: EditHD Ultimax-i7, X58, [email protected], Corsair H80, Win764, 24gb ram, Storm 3g, Samsung 840 Pro 256, 4tb and 6tb RAID 0 on backplane, GTX 980ti Classified, Edius 9, Apple 30", Samsung 24", dual BD.

Comment

Edius limited API features are known.
          Preview in secondary windows e g. never provide real playback, even not in Edius own filters or in layouter.
          The preview gets updated on stop or by going forward frame by frame only.
          In some filters you see the stage of the filter stack where the filter is located instead of the output signal.
          These limitations are present since years and very special for Edius only and it seems the development does not see an issue with this.
          It is the only NLE for me on the market that handles filter preview in this unexpected way.

Vistitle uses the limited API capabilities more clever, so I even suggest you to buy Vistitle.

Andreas
          Andreas Gumm
          post production / authoring
          PC 1Intel Core i7-970 (6 x 3.20 GHz),
          ASUS P6T Deluxe V2, 12 GB RAM, Geforce 9800GT
          Windows 7 Ultimate,
          GV software: EDIUS 7.42, VisTitle v2.5,
          GV hardware: 3G Storm
          software SONY DoStudio Indie + EX 4.0.11
          PC 2
          Intel Core i7-3770, GIGABYTE Z77X-UD5H F14, 16GB RAM,
          Geforce 650 GTX, 5x HDD, Windows 7,
          GV software: EDIUS 7.42, ProCoder 3.0
          GV hardware: HD SPARK
          software: Telestream Switch, DTS-HD MAS, Dolby Media Meter

Comment

Playback Preview now works the same as Vistitle. It's not as efficient and requires a higher powered graphics card. Scrub preview is getting there.
            Last edited by Jerry; 01-16-2016, 07:39 PM.
            Jerry
            Six Gill DV
            www.sgdvtutorials.com

Vistitle YouTube Channel

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry View Post
              Ok, I just loaded FX3 and TP4 onto my second machine that has a 980x, GTX 570, and 24gb installed. I wanted to make sure before I commented on anything.
              FX3 doesn't play real time on this system. That I believe is due to the GTX 570. My 4790k with the GTX 780 does. TP4 Ultimate will play in real time once TP4 returns to the Edius timeline post render.

This looks like something on your end rather than the program. I'm using a lesser powered GPU than yours and I get real time playback after the cache cycle runs.
              Check your system settings and the install of TP4. You might even try uninstalling and re-installing TP4.

Are you sure it is cycling through the cache process correctly? Are you sure you have it selected to cache?

Check those items.
              Just got this reply from their support:

Thank you for the additional information. I don't believe this is related to an installation issue. I have been able to reproduce the behavior on my system and I believe that it may be related to a caching bug we discovered in another editing application. I have reported it to our development team and I expect to have a fixed version in the coming weeks.

I'll get in touch as soon as I have a new version for you to test.

Hopefully they can address the issue on the next update...

Bryan

Comment

Was this tech support or through the link I gave you?
                Did you try the link to the new version I pm'd you?
                Last edited by Jerry; 01-17-2016, 08:37 PM.
                Jerry
                Six Gill DV
                www.sgdvtutorials.com

Vistitle YouTube Channel

Comment

Fixed Video Background and RT Playback

Hi Gents,

As Jerry mentioned, our development team was able to implement our video background feature for EDIUS. We do have builds available that include the video background. Please note, these are beta builds and the haven't been released as public updates yet. That being said, if you'd like to download and test them, we would very much appreciate your feedback:

http://www.newbluefx.com/downloads/W...151231-346.exe

I also understand your concerns regarding real-time playback after caching your titles. As I mentioned to Bryan in the message he shared, I was able to reproduce the behavior that was described. I believe the issue might be related to another caching bug we discovered. I am going lobby our dev team and try to get this investigated/addressed in our next development cycle.

In the meantime there are some optimizations you can use immediately to get RT. Stay tuned and I'll get together a post of some methods you can use as a workaround.

Comment

In some cases, if you let the item play through 1 time it will become RT on the second pass. This may work for some and not others.
                    Jerry
                    Six Gill DV
                    www.sgdvtutorials.com

Vistitle YouTube Channel

Comment

Hi, Im having a problem with Titler pro 4, I have Edius 8.1 installed and windows 10 crashes when playing with Titler Pro 4 (adding effects, transitions etc) I get a "blue screen" with the following code: "BAD_POOL_HEADER". Before this I was using Titler Pro 2 since it came already in "OFXBridge" for Edius for 1 year but then I had a good upgrade deal from Pro 2 to 4 and that is what I did... and tbh I don't remeber having this kind of problem with Titler Pro 2 the time I used it (maybe a week), now Im getting this error with windows 10 and I think it has to do with Titler pro 4 bc I'm having no problems yet using the built-in "QuickTitler" in Edius, Ive ran a memory check and no errors, disk check no errors either, does this really have to do with newbluefx Titler pro 4? help please.

This is what I have:
                      Windows 10 Pro 64bit
                      FX 8350 CPU
                      R9 380 GPU (up to date)
                      8Gb of Ram
                      650W PSU
                      500Gb Crucial MX200 SSD
                      Kaspersky Internet Security 2016 protection if that info helps
                      MSI X370 Pro Carbon, R7 1800X, OC Nitro RX 480 4GB, 2X8GB DDR4 3200 CL 14, 850 EVO 500GB SSD, Dark Rock 3 cooler, Dark Power Pro 11 650W Platinum, Serenade PciE CM8888 Sound Card, MultiSync 1200p IPS 16:10 monitor, Windows 10 Pro 64bit

Z170XP-SLI, i7 6700K, Nitro R9 380 4GB, 2X8GB DDR4 3200 CL 16, MX200 500 SSD, MasterAir Pro 4 cooler, XFX PRO 650W Core Edition 80+ Bronze, Xonar D1 7.1 Ch Sound Card, NEC MultiSync 1200p IPS 16:10 monitor, Windows 10 pro 64bit

Comment

try the following and then shut down and start PC again
                        Power Option->Choose what Power Button do->Shutdown Settings->Untick Fast Startup

apparently Fast Startup is a troublemaker
                        Anton Strauss
                        Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

Originally posted by IgnizKrizalid View Post
                          Hi, Im having a problem with Titler pro 4, I have Edius 8.1 installed and windows 10 crashes when playing with Titler Pro 4 (adding effects, transitions etc) I get a "blue screen" with the following code: "BAD_POOL_HEADER".
                          I haven't seen this error before, but I'm happy to look into it for you. Can you please email screenshots to [email protected]?

In the meantime, I'd also recommend a clean installation of Titler Pro 4. Here are instructions:
                          1. Reboot your system
                          2. Run the Titler Pro 4 Uninstaller (found in C:\Program Files\NewBlueFX\uninstallers)
                          3. Go back to C:\Program Files\NewBlueFX and make sure the folder Titler is removed
                          4. Go to C:\Program Files\Grass Valley\EDIUS 8\PlugIn\NewBlueFX and make sure Titler is removed
                          5. Re-install Titler Pro 4 from the most recent build (see my earlier post for links)

Comment

Working...
                          X