Huge Disapointment with NewBlue FX Titler 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Huge Disapointment with NewBlue FX Titler 4

Just ordered and received, on Monday, the New Blue Ultimate Titler 4 FX program. Very disappointed that the program does not overlay the title your working on over the timeline video (as advertised). There is a selection on the top view menu that you can check video background for this this...but it does not work.

Just got off the phone with NBFX and am told its not their problem, its a limitation of Edius. He went on to tell me they have no plans to fix this and I should get another monitor and open the NBFX program to use it as a workaround.

First there is no place that this limitation is worded on their website for Edius users. Secondly, if there is an Edius limitation on this...how does quick titler, title motion pro and visititler accomplish this?

Dano
    PS using Edius WG8

If they told you it was Edius's fault they should have also mentioned that it was also Adobe's fault. It doesn't work in PPro CC 2015 either
    This has been a known issue since TP2. I believe TP1 had it for a very short time.
    The only way you will see the actual effect in preview is on the TP4 GUI.
    You can see placement on the Edius monitor. Getting a second monitor and using that monitor for your TP4 GUI isn't a completely bad idea.
    That is, if you want to use the program.

You also can't compare Title Motion Pro now. It won't work in Edius 7 or 8.

Wait til you find out that the titles don't save to the bin automatically.

If you don't mind me asking, what was the reason behind your decision to purchase TP4?
    Last edited by Jerry; 12-03-2015, 09:51 PM.
    Jerry
    Six Gill DV
    www.sgdvtutorials.com
    If you own the Tutorials and you need help, PM me.

Vistitle YouTube Channel
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMVlxC8Am4qFbkXJRoPAnMQ/videos

Windows 10 Pro up to v.1803 Tweaks for Edius Users
    http://sgdvtutorials.com/WIN%2010%20...%20V.2.0.0.pdf

Main System:: Azrock Z97 Extreme 6, [email protected], 32gb ram, NZXT Z63, Win10 Pro 64, Samsung 850 pro, E7.5/8.5/E9 on separate SSD drives, 2TB Sabrent M.2 NVME, BM MINI MONITOR 4K, 12tb RAID 0 on backplane ,2 BD, Dual LG 27GK65S-B 144Hz monitors, GTX 1080ti SC Black.
    Second System: EditHD Ultimax-i7, X58, [email protected], Corsair H80, Win764, 24gb ram, Storm 3g, Samsung 840 Pro 256, 4tb and 6tb RAID 0 on backplane, GTX 980ti Classified, Edius 9, Apple 30", Samsung 24", dual BD.

Comment

Unless you have an output card or a 2nd Monitor
      This is the only way you can see whats happening
      Attached Files
      System Asus WS Z390 Pro MB, CPU i9 9900K, 32gb 3000mhz Ram, EVGA GTX1070TI, BM IP4K Win 10, BD Burner 1 Evo 840 and 4 Hotswap caddies
      Plugins Vistitle 2.8, TP7, NB TFX5
      Monitors Samsung 32 inch tv as main 1 LG M2350D,1 D2343 1 DM2350D as output to (3D) IP4K, PXW X70,Canon FX400

Comment

Reason for purchase was we have a bunch of seminar videos and needed a good lower third CG.

Comment

Leaning towards calling the videoguys.com and requesting a refund.

Dano

Comment

John, your saying you have playback out to monitor while playing an animated title from within the TP4 GUI? I sure don't. It will update if I click
            my cursor somewhere on the TP4 GUI's timeline.
            Jerry
            Six Gill DV
            www.sgdvtutorials.com

Vistitle YouTube Channel

Main System:: Azrock Z97 Extreme 6, [email protected], 32gb ram, NZXT Z63, Win10 Pro 64, Samsung 850 pro, E7.5/8.5/E9 on separate SSD drives, 2TB Sabrent M.2 NVME, BM MINI MONITOR 4K, 12tb RAID 0 on backplane ,2 BD, Dual LG 27GK65S-B 144Hz monitors, GTX 1080ti SC Black.
            Second System: EditHD Ultimax-i7, X58, [email protected], Corsair H80, Win764, 24gb ram, Storm 3g, Samsung 840 Pro 256, 4tb and 6tb RAID 0 on backplane, GTX 980ti Classified, Edius 9, Apple 30", Samsung 24", dual BD.

Comment

Originally posted by dano3655 View Post
              Reason for purchase was we have a bunch of seminar videos and needed a good lower third CG.
              There are a ton of these in Vistitle. You can customize everyone of them.
              Jerry
              Six Gill DV
              www.sgdvtutorials.com

Vistitle YouTube Channel

Comment

Maybe Videoguys will exchange it for visititle?

Will try tomorrow morning.

Thanks Jerry

Dano

Comment

If you get Vistitle, I have a few free tutorials on my website:
                  http://sgdvtutorials.com/index-3.html
                  Jerry
                  Six Gill DV
                  www.sgdvtutorials.com

Vistitle YouTube Channel

Comment

Here is NewBlue FX's lame answer....

Dano, I'm sorry to hear of your frustrations. If I'm understanding correctly, you are speaking of the option to show the video background behind the title in the Titler Pro editing screen. Is that correct?
                    That feature is designated to work "where possible". Unfortunately, it is not possible in Edius. Similarly, it is not possible in Vegas when used as a media generator but actually is possible when used as an FX. The feature does work in Premiere as the Premiere API allows this. It all depends on the NLE API.
                    I'm sorry but the Edius API does not allow for this feature and, therefore, it will not work in Edius. You will need to use the Edius preview screen to preview over the video image while you edit in Titler Pro. So, yes, this is a limitation of Edius and that feature simply cannot be added.
                    NewBlueFX

...."where possible" none of their advertising ever mentioned that. What a scam. I will stay way clear of NewBlue FX in the future...Thats for sure.

Dano

Comment

Also...The do not answer my follow up questions of how Vistitler and and quick titler accomplish the overlay in edius.

Dano

Comment

I have been able to get it to work in Premiere Pro now. There's a trick to it.
                        So, support was correct.

This easiest way around this is to use a second monitor or an external output monitor. Be aware that the animation preview will only show on the TP4 GUI.
                        Last edited by Jerry; 12-07-2015, 01:58 AM.
                        Jerry
                        Six Gill DV
                        www.sgdvtutorials.com

Vistitle YouTube Channel

Comment

Thanks Jerry. Just mad that they are selling this and it does not work as advertised. I am calling the dealer I purchased it from (Videoguys.com) and requesting a refund. This is BS...

Thanks,

Dano

Comment

Hi Dano,
                            I have some good news for you. Look for the video background capabilities in the next full update to Titler Pro. NB tech support won't know about
                            this, so don't ask them. I don't have a date, but it is coming.
                            Jerry
                            Six Gill DV
                            www.sgdvtutorials.com

Vistitle YouTube Channel

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry View Post
                              Hi Dano,
                              I have some good news for you. Look for the video background capabilities in the next full update to Titler Pro. NB tech support won't know about
                              this, so don't ask them. I don't have a date, but it is coming.
                              Hi There,

I too am very disappointed with Titler Pro 4, the speed of playback on my system is shockingly slow... I'm curious to what you are referring to as 'Background capabilities' but don't hold out much hope, as it's currently playing back titles VERY slowly, even after the title is fully cached?

I've tried two different machines and even on a fresh install of windows 10. Still results in barely real time playback at 1080p (even after caching titles) and Stuttering playback of 4k titles (even after caching titles before playback)

Titler Pro seems to store the cache files as still images on the hard drive, in a proprietary format.. Even on a fast RAID it still can't playback in real time?

What sort of performance are other people seeing?

I have a high spec PC (Intel 12 cores, Nvidia 980ti, 64Gb Ram etc..) and would have expected MUCH better performance.

Feel like I've wasted my money and don't even try and use the software as it just slow your productivity down no end...

The standalone version of Titler Pro 4 works MUCH faster, so there is an issue with integration with EDIUS8.1 somewhere?

Like I say, I'd be curious to how it performs on other peoples systems..

Bryan

Comment

Working...
                              X