Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Handbrake: WDTV doesn't read mp4 h.264 file. help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ulisse
    replied
    Originally posted by antonsvideo View Post
    out of curiosity, did you select superfine in the mpeg exporter?
    Yes, I'm sure 100%

Leave a comment:

• antonsvideo
    replied
    Originally posted by Ulisse View Post
    I have just made a test. I attach 2 pics:
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/.../Handbrake.tga
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...ning/mpeg2.tga

Handbrake file: AVI (YUY2)-->Handbrake-->tga
    mpeg2 25 mbps file: tga

I created a clip from Edius 7 timeline and extrapolated a tga file.
    I think there is a big difference between Handbrake file and mpeg2 25 mbps file. If you enlarge the image, the file created with Handbrake is much more smart.
    out of curiosity, did you select superfine in the mpeg exporter?

Leave a comment:

• Ulisse
    replied
    Originally posted by Liverpool TV View Post
    Bottom line. If you want fast easy outputs and file size and bit rate aren't an issue, then Edius' own mpeg2 and h264 encoders are brilliant. If you want absolute best quality at any size and bitrate, and nothing comes close to it at low bitrates, then it's h264 with X264 as the encoder. Of which HandBrake is probably the easiest to use.
    Dave, you know I have no problem with the time because I don't sell my documentaries. I make them for myself and I like to get always the best video quality.

Leave a comment:

• Liverpool TV
    replied
    since you use such high bitrate of 30,000 I have a far better and faster solution

in EDIUS, choose mpeg exporter and select program stream, set bitrate to 25M, the export will be very fast and will work on your TV and look great
    It is way faster, yes, but the X264 encode will always look better at any bitrate.

Edius' mpeg2 encoder is awesome and really fast, and will work for many situations, DVD for instance. It is also good for HD and Blu-ray, if convenience and time is the major factor or if absolute quality is not the goal.

At the moment, and if you look at popular and practical standards, h264 is the best codec and X264 the best encoder. Regardless of bitrate, an X264 encode will always win on resolution and encode artefacts.

H265 will probably take over at some point, but right now it is nowhere near as common as h264.

Bottom line. If you want fast easy outputs and file size and bit rate aren't an issue, then Edius' own mpeg2 and h264 encoders are brilliant. If you want absolute best quality at any size and bitrate, and nothing comes close to it at low bitrates, then it's h264 with X264 as the encoder. Of which HandBrake is probably the easiest to use.

Leave a comment:

• Ulisse
    replied
    since you use such high bitrate of 30,000 I have a far better and faster solution

in EDIUS, choose mpeg exporter and select program stream, set bitrate to 25M, the export will be very fast and will work on your TV and look great
    I have just made a test. I attach 2 pics:
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/.../Handbrake.tga
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...ning/mpeg2.tga

Handbrake file: AVI (YUY2)-->Handbrake-->tga
    mpeg2 25 mbps file: tga

I created a clip from Edius 7 timeline and extrapolated a tga file.
    I think there is a big difference between Handbrake file and mpeg2 25 mbps file. If you enlarge the image, the file created with Handbrake is much more smart.

Leave a comment:

• SoundFreak_HD
    replied
    WD TV has no issues with large files, it is very picky like most media players about audio inside your MP4.

As first audio chanel it needs to to AAC, also it can choke if profile settings are too high.

As Anton suggested MPEG2 are working great, even 50mb bite rate is no issue.

Mostly I use 25~35mb bit rates for very long videos ......

Leave a comment:

• antonsvideo
    replied

Leave a comment:

• John Lewis
    replied
    I use a Programme called Pavtube and create mkv files for WDTV
    My Family DVDs i create an iso with Imgburn
    WDTV can also play back iso

Leave a comment:

• Ulisse
    started a topic Handbrake: WDTV doesn't read mp4 h.264 file. help!

Handbrake: WDTV doesn't read mp4 h.264 file. help!

Hi, I use the last version of Handbrake. I purchased a new WD Western Digital TV one month ago.
    My video was shot with Sony AX2000 25p camera. I have 34 minutes of clips on the Edius 7 timeline.
    I exported a AVI (YUY2) file (uncompressed file) and I have added it in Handbrake. I always made it without problems with my old WDTV.
    Then I created a mp4 file with H.264 codec (7,26 GB) with Handbrake.
    I attach the Handbrake config: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/.../Handbrake.jpg
    I put the obtained mp4 file in a pendrive and I put it on my WDTV but my WDTV reader doesn't read it. It not even see that file.
    I read a writing: "No multimedia available for playback"
    I made another test. I exported 1 minute of that file (with the same modality, same steps and same Handbrake config.) and my WDTV reads that file without any problem. Do you know why I get that problem with 7,26 GB file and I have no problems with a smaller file? I am very worried and sad.
    Help me please. Thanks

PS: This is the Log of Handbrake: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...e_log11300.txt

EDIT: I have just solved my problem. The problem was h.264 Level 4.1. I have created another file with h.264 Level 4.0 and now WDTV reads that file.
    Last edited by Ulisse; 11-19-2015, 06:27 PM.
Working...
X