grain reducing filter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• grain reducing filter

ok before I deliver it I need to take a shot in the dark here. I had a shooter screw up with one of my cameras and shot 1/3 of a video with JVCs "LO LUX" mode which should never be put on the outside buttons if you ask me its awefull. is there a filter that can reduce this hidous video noise I now have?
    Randy

Asus sabertooth MB Z97 16 gigs of ram SSD system and edit drives Nvidia GTX-660 video card

Have you tried Neat Video?
    Jerry
    Six Gill DV
    www.sgdvtutorials.com
    If you own the Tutorials and you need help, PM me.

Vistitle YouTube Channel
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMVlxC8Am4qFbkXJRoPAnMQ/videos

Windows 10 Pro up to v.1803 Tweaks for Edius Users
    http://sgdvtutorials.com/WIN%2010%20...%20V.2.0.0.pdf

Main System:: Azrock Z97 Extreme 6, [email protected], 32gb ram, NZXT Z63, Win10 Pro 64, Samsung 850 pro, E7.5/8.5/E9 on separate SSD drives, 2TB Sabrent M.2 NVME, BM MINI MONITOR 4K, 12tb RAID 0 on backplane ,2 BD, Dual LG 27GK65S-B 144Hz monitors, GTX 1080ti SC Black.
    Second System: EditHD Ultimax-i7, X58, [email protected], Corsair H80, Win764, 24gb ram, Storm 3g, Samsung 840 Pro 256, 4tb and 6tb RAID 0 on backplane, GTX 980ti Classified, Edius 9, Apple 30", Samsung 24", dual BD.

Comment

trying it now, its rendering some of it. unless im doing something wrong it doesnt seem to be doind anything. Its a demo.
      Randy

Asus sabertooth MB Z97 16 gigs of ram SSD system and edit drives Nvidia GTX-660 video card

Comment

http://www-en.ediusworld.com/edifica...eo-and-edius-7
        Jerry
        Six Gill DV
        www.sgdvtutorials.com
        If you own the Tutorials and you need help, PM me.

Vistitle YouTube Channel
        https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMVlxC8Am4qFbkXJRoPAnMQ/videos

Windows 10 Pro up to v.1803 Tweaks for Edius Users
        http://sgdvtutorials.com/WIN%2010%20...%20V.2.0.0.pdf

Main System:: Azrock Z97 Extreme 6, [email protected], 32gb ram, NZXT Z63, Win10 Pro 64, Samsung 850 pro, E7.5/8.5/E9 on separate SSD drives, 2TB Sabrent M.2 NVME, BM MINI MONITOR 4K, 12tb RAID 0 on backplane ,2 BD, Dual LG 27GK65S-B 144Hz monitors, GTX 1080ti SC Black.
        Second System: EditHD Ultimax-i7, X58, [email protected], Corsair H80, Win764, 24gb ram, Storm 3g, Samsung 840 Pro 256, 4tb and 6tb RAID 0 on backplane, GTX 980ti Classified, Edius 9, Apple 30", Samsung 24", dual BD.

Comment

You have to place the Neat filter above layouter in filter order and set up the sample area for optimum performance. Works really well but is time consuming if you have a long clip. It will change by scene too so you may not want to apply to the whole camera file in one go.

Ron Evans
          Ron Evans

Threadripper 1920 stock clock 3.7, Gigabyte Designare X399 MB, 32G G.Skill 3200CL14, 500G M.2 NVME OS, 500G EVO 850 temp. 1T EVO 850 render, 6T Source, 2 x 1T NVME, MSI 1080Ti 11G , EVGA 850 G2, LG BLuray Burner, BM IP4K, WIN10 Pro, Shuttle Pro2

ASUS PB328 monitor, BenQ BL2711U 4K preview monitor, EDIUS X, 9.5 WG, Vegas 18, Resolve Studio 17

Cameras: GH5S, GH5, FDR-AX100, FDR-AX53, DJI OSMO Pocket, Atomos Ninja V x 2

Comment

Originally posted by rando View Post
            trying it now, its rendering some of it. unless im doing something wrong it doesnt seem to be doind anything. Its a demo.
            Did you use NeatVideo 4.0 ??
            That works fine!
            kurt
            Intel core i7-6700K / ASUS Z170A / 32 GB RAM / Intel HD Graphics 530 / SSD Systemdrive / Gigabyte GeForce GT 1070 / Win-10/64 Pro / EdiusX-WG (10.21)/ Mercalli (V2, V4 and V5 Plugin/64bit) / Resolve-17.4.10004 Studio / ImgBurn / PowerDVD etc.
            // Read > Test > Understand

Comment

I am using 4.0 and I followed the tutorial but I dont see a difference. Thanks anyway i'll just deliver it and may have to return some money:(

Randy
              Randy

Comment

Neat video 4 gives very good results and is working for me. Maybe it is the demo?
                Steve

Get the Latest version of EDIUS:
                EDIUS Download (grassvalley.com)

Please don't send me Private Messages for support. Contact Grass Valley support

Comment

works fine here also

if the video does not have much movement, you can also try the EDIUS motion blur filter at around 30-40%, it should reduce grain drastically
                  Anton Strauss
                  Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

So far Neat video has always gotten me out of tight spots.

If no to little movement you can push it very far but tend to look plasticky if overdone.

Take your time to look for a good spot in your source to create a good clean noise profile, it's worth the effort.
                    Tony D.

EDIUS WG 9.54 / MATROX MXO2 LE / WIN10 Pro WS / LENOVO P71 Workstation laptop / XEON E3-1535M v6 / nVidia QUADRO P3000 6GB / Toshiba M.2 NVMe 512GB / 2x Samsung 860 EVO 4TB / 32GB ECC RAM.
                    EDIUS WG 8.53 / HDRX-E1 + HDBX-1000H / WIN10 Pro / DUAL XEON X5470 / SUPERMICRO X7DWA-N / SUPERMICRO SUPERCHASIS SC745TQ-920B / INTEL 520 SSD 240GB / WD CAVIAR BLACK 4TB (many) / 32GB ECC RAM / GTX 770 4GB / 2x MOTU 896HD.
                    wavearts / neatvideo / tmpgenc / hitfilm / imaginate / affinity

Comment

If the source footage is too far gone i intend to make 1 video layer with extremely cleaned up version of that and blend it with the original bad source on another v track to get rid of the 'plastic' look and make it more organic.

It doesn't always work but give it a try.

Still using version 3.x btw
                      Tony D.

EDIUS WG 9.54 / MATROX MXO2 LE / WIN10 Pro WS / LENOVO P71 Workstation laptop / XEON E3-1535M v6 / nVidia QUADRO P3000 6GB / Toshiba M.2 NVMe 512GB / 2x Samsung 860 EVO 4TB / 32GB ECC RAM.
                      EDIUS WG 8.53 / HDRX-E1 + HDBX-1000H / WIN10 Pro / DUAL XEON X5470 / SUPERMICRO X7DWA-N / SUPERMICRO SUPERCHASIS SC745TQ-920B / INTEL 520 SSD 240GB / WD CAVIAR BLACK 4TB (many) / 32GB ECC RAM / GTX 770 4GB / 2x MOTU 896HD.
                      wavearts / neatvideo / tmpgenc / hitfilm / imaginate / affinity

Comment

Where does the rendering take place?The plug-in doesnt seem to do anything
                        Randy

Comment

The tutorial clearly shows it. :)
                          When you are done with your settings in the plug you apply and exit and render.
                          Note: When the plug is correctly applied you will see the results immediately in the preview of neat video.
                          Steve

Comment

you know what maybe it is working its just hard to tell with the demo box in the middle
                            Randy

Comment

Believe me if you are thinking of giving money back to your client it is better to purchase Neat Video. (invest)
                              Steve

Comment

Working...
                              X