X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    SoundFreak_HD

• SoundFreak_HD
    replied
    10+ years ago I also favored Nero for multiple burns at the same time.
    after Nero become bloated I dropped it and bought some DVD copy towers with 8 pioneer units inside with hdd to store iso and never looked back.
    Needless to say the burners have all done their job well and are now in the eternal hunting grounds.......

Nowadays the need for burning is almost zero and for the one of small production imgburn is perfect for me.

To be perfectly honest I haven't used Nero after version 6 so can't comment on how it performs.......

Leave a comment:

• Edit
    replied
    nero

Nero 7 worked well for me with Edius 5.5 often burning 50 DVD's of the same project in a fast enough time. I can get Nero15 platinum for less than $40. What I like about its specs is that it handles many more file types than Nero 7 did. Are all the other programs mentioned in this thread much more sophisticated? Thanks to all for your input. I will research the programs mentioned.

Leave a comment:

• Ron Evans

• Ron Evans
    replied
    It is a lot more complicated than just select multiple drives in Nero and selecting. I have never been able to get IMGburn to burn more than one at a time even though I have read all about setting up cues etc many times . Never seems to work for me. I can load two instances of IMGBurn and select what I want if that is what you mean. Now the PC is multi tasking rather than the program writing to two drives. May amount to the same thing I guess.

Ron Evans

Leave a comment:

• Jerry

• Jerry
    replied
    Imgburn can burn an instance for each burner installed. This also is limited by the computer horsepower as it is with Nero.

Leave a comment:

• Ron Evans

• Ron Evans
    replied
    I use Nero for DVD but IMGburn for any iso file burns. Nero has the advantage of making multiple copies at the same time. You only need Nero Burning ROM http://www.nero.com/eng/products/ner...ats-new.phpand can then download additions like the audio editor and label designer for free. As for authoring, DVDArchitect Pro is my choice and the Studio version is low cost http://www.sonycreativesoftware.com/dvdastudio

Ron Evans

Leave a comment:

• SoundFreak_HD

• SoundFreak_HD
    replied
    Authoring software the most affordable and capable in that price rage would be TAW 5.

Leave a comment:

• SoundFreak_HD

• SoundFreak_HD
    replied
    Imgburn far out, not because it's free......
    SoundFreak_HD
    Last edited by SoundFreak_HD; 08-04-2015, 12:59 AM. Reason: web link

Leave a comment:

• PaulTV

• PaulTV
    replied
    +1 IMG

Paul -)

Leave a comment:

• Jerry

• Jerry
    replied
    If you're just referring to 'burn' software, Imgburn is excellent and free.
    If you are referring to 'authoring' software, then DVD Lab Pro for DVD and TMPGE TAW 5 for both DVD and BD would be a good option.
    I still prefer Encore CS6. Nothing has really changed with disc authoring so the fact that Encore hasn't had an update in 2 years doesn't really matter.
    This has a major learning curve, as does most Adobe software.
    Jerry
    Last edited by Jerry; 08-03-2015, 07:35 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Edit
    started a topic best burn software

best burn software

jump upgrade to 7.5. Seems Nero 7 will no longer be capable. I'm looking for recommendations for the best software to use with Edius 7.5 - mostly DVD burns. Can I also expect excellent quality BD from a program that excels at DVD or are some programs good at one but not the other?
Working...
X